Chapter 30

Baby Don't Cry

"Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital? You looked like you're badly hurt" Yoona said as she saw Taeyeon on the bed lying on it straight like a corpse lying in a coffin. Looking straight into the ceiling, Taeyeon slowly shook before letting out a deep breath.

"I'm fine.." Taeyeon answered and Yon sighed before carefully sitting at the other side of the bed before looking at Taeyeon worriedly. "You're not really good at lying" Yoona said with a small smile and Taeyeon flitted her eyes sidewards before smiling a little. "Really?" Taeyeon asked and Yoona nodded her head making Taeyeon look away.

"I'll be fine.. this just needs to rest" Taeyeon said as she groaned while she flipped her body in difficulty. "Are you sure?" Yoona asked again for the umpteenth time and Taeyeon only nodded her head as an answer. As much as she hates Yoona to worry about her, she can't do anything anymore since it already happened, Yoona's already there looking after her making sure that she's fine. 


 Let me see your back.. Oh my" Yoona said as she lifted Taeyeon's shirt a little. Taeyeon was about to reach out her hand to stop Yoona but she felt a stinging pain on her back making her retreat so. "How could you say that you're still fine?!" Yoona asked with her voice raising up a little, groaning, Taeyeon buried her face in the pillow. 

Shaking her head, Yoona observed the big bruise that was on Taeyeon's lower back. It wasn't just the normal bluish one, Yoona noticed that it looks like it's darkening and other than that, it occupied almost half of Taeyeon's lower back. Letting out a sigh, Yoona lowered Taeyeon's shirt again. 

"Do you want me to get you an ointment for this at least?" Yoona asked worriedly and Taeyeon sighed before nodding her head knowing that Yoona wouldn't take no as an answer. Getting up from Taeyeon's bed, Yoona reached out and patted Taeyeon shoulder before letting out a worried sigh again. 

"I'll be back.. do you want me to buy you anything?" Yoona asked and Taeyeon glanced at Yoona before smiling a,little and shaking her head. "The ointment would be enough" Taeyeon said and Yoona nodded her head before walking out of Taeyeon's room. Hearing the door close, Taeyeon opened her phone and saw that Baekhyun sent her several messages, without reading it, Taeyeon deleted all the messages before turning her phone off and drifting to sleep. 

"Why aren't you picking up?" Baekhyun asked as he kept pacing back and forth at the rooftop. Kai arrived there and saw Baekhyun pacing back and forth with the phone on his ears and his free hand on his waist, he seemed to be worrying about something. Walking closer, Kai cleared his throat and Baekhyun turned before putting his phone down.

 "What are you doing here?" Kai asked and Baekhyun sighed before shaking his head. "I'm trying to contact Taeyeon" Baekhyun said with a flat tone before sitting down and resting his head at the wall, Kai on the other hand  raised his brows before taking a seat beside his friend. 

"Isn't she down at the room?" Kai asked and Baekhyun shook his head. "Someone hurted her earlier so Yoona and I decided to take her to the hospital but she refused to so Yoona took her home. They should be there by now but she turned her phone off and I don't even know why she's did that" Baekhyun said and Kai sighed before shaking his head. 

"Why did they hurted her then?" Kai asked and Baekhyun pinched the bridge of his nose. "It's because they saw us sitting together at class" Baekhyun said and Kai nodded his head causing Baekhyun to look at him in confusion. 

"You just stated the reason why she turned her phone off and ignored you" Kai said and suddenly Baekhyun's statement played again on his mind. "That's completely silly" Baekhyun said and Kai shook his head while looking into nowhere. 

"That's the reason why. Taeyeon avoided her because she had enough of getting hurt, don't you think you should give her some space too?" Kai asked and Baekhyun shook his head firmly. He doesn't want to believe what Kai had said, he doesn't want Taeyeon to avoid him, no, seriously.

"Why? After all that we have done? After all that I have done only for me to get to know her and get close to her?" Baekhyun asked in frustration and Kai shook his head mentally. He always knew Baekhyun was smart, he always believed that Baekhyun wasn't that dense but after seeing him be like that today, he was convinced that he's a bit dumb after all.

"Just give her some space, it's not that bad you know" Kai said and Baekhyun still shook his head. "What about you? Don't you think avoiding Yoona causes good to the both of you?" Baekhyun asked and Kai opened his mouth and closed it again. Now, he's thinking whether Baekhyun thought about his question first before askig him, no, not that he's offended by it but because he hhimself knows that he can't answer thse kinds of questions, those ones that were similar to what Baekhyun just asked. 

"See? You can't say anything" Baekhyun simply asid and Kai shook his head. "It's not that I can't say anything but don't you think that running after Yoona even when she's dating someone else already is a bit too much for me? It's not fair you know, me going head over heels for her when she dosn't even share the slightest feelings as I do for her" Kai said with a hint of frustration and disappointment on his voice.

"Why don't you just give it a try? After all they're not married yet" Baekhyun encouraged and Kai gave him an are-you-serious look. "But wouldn't it be a bad enough? I don't like to ruin someone else's relationship ujust because of my selfish needs" Kai said and Baekhyun sighed before pressing both of his hands against his face. 

"Then what are you going to do with her? Keep on ignoring her?" Baekhyun asked and Kai shook his head. "No, I'm not going to ignore her forever.. I'll just let this feelings fade then we're done" Kai said and Baekhyun slightly chuckled. 

"What if it stays there forever?" Baekhyun asked and Kai stopped before letting out a chuckle too. "Beats me" Kai answered and soon silence filled around them. "What about you? What are you going to do with Taeyeon?" Kai asked and Baekhyun's smile faded upon hearing the girl's voice. No, not that he hates hearing it but everytime he hears her name, a lot of thoughts comes running inside his mind. 

"Of course.. I'll be with her even if she ignores me. If she's scared about getting hurt then I'll be there to protect her" Baekhyun mindlessly said and Kai knew that it wasn't just Baekhyun who's talking. It was his heart. But Baekhyun doesn't have even the slightest idea of it, he's too oblivious.

"Are you sure?" Kai asked and Baekhyun nodded. "But you're the reason why she gets hurt.. you know that" Kai added and Baekhyun sighed before lightly hitting his head at the wall. 

"I won't let her get hurt" Baekhyun firmly said and Kai sighed. "Ironic" Kai muttered and Baekhyun turned his head and gave Kai a questioning look.

"Why?" Baekhyun asked.

"Cause you're the danger"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:  URGH. 

I don't know what to do with my stupid head anymore. It keeps hurting >< and I can't bear it grr.

By the way, I know you miss the pairings already but wait a bit more okay? Thanks for wishing me luck :)

BYE~