My Heart, Your Ducks

The World Only We Knew

 

Memories were always just fleeting moments of time that could only be saved by the mind.

Too bad that doesn't apply to your ears.

 


 

The only thing that ever mattered here were the sharp sounds of guitars, a deep rich bass, a dynamic, but edgy voice, and finally, the sturdy rhythm falling from the drums. Strangers connected through music are what fans truly are - listening to songs that made us feel like we weren't really alone in this big world. It was too bad my pessimistic self never really cared about what other people were going through anyway. I never thought that it was a bad thing, I was only here for Chanyeol and sometimes the rest of them. (It wasn't like I really needed to know the rest of them anyway.)

Lay or as he prefers off stage - Yixing - is the one decked in black and sporting a wide collar muscle tank, only to show off his toned arms, and his very nice collar bones. He was the lead guiatrist, but also played the keyboard and composed most of their songs. It was unbelievable - the amount of time he spent working for these idiots that is. With his hair swept to the side, he reminded me of Justin Bieber . . . at least Lay was much better looking.

Luhan (and that's really just it), is another guitarist. Holding the black and white Gibson electric guitar, girls would endlessly scream for that face of his, which wasn't as nice as Chanyeol's (in my opinion of course). He was the baby-faced one of the bunch, wearing tight, dark washed jeans matching with a low collar (everyone just loved to show off their clavicles) raisin black shirt, and a studded vest that would catch the light and put a gleam in your eyes. Oddly enough, the studs on his vest shined the exact same way that Luhan's eyes did. Too bad his mind wasn't as innocent as everyone thought, piercing your mind and twisting your words into phrases you would never think of saying. Luhan always ends up making out with someone before the concert ends; no one notices him disappearing behind the curtains and no one ever notices him dragging one or two skimpy clothed girls backstage.

Now, Sehun, little Oh fricking Sehun loved the stage. He loved the attention, the adrenaline, and the deranged atmosphere. To him, it was everything he could ask for. On stage, Oh Sehun was truly alive. He's the bassist and it matched him perfectly - a weighty, lush sound that touched you in the most malicious ways. He was everyone's guilty pleasure. He always wore a pair of leather pants and his favourite leather jacket, dyed a smooth midnight blue. It was too bad that jacket would always get thrown away to expose those arms of his. Tonight, the muscle tank engraved with "STRICTLY VINYL" didn't show his collar bones, but the Kohl eyeliner that lined his eyes were darker than the rest of the band and it could do things to you that you would never think was possible.

Chen was what we called Jongdae. He didn't like being called his real name for some reason. No one ever knew why, and no one knew it aside from us. He sang each and every song (with Lay and Luhan backing him up at times) with so much passion and could excite the crowd like no one else. His hair was a light amber colour with the bangs styled messily in a way that you would love to grab them and hear him choke out that one note again and again. He wore a dark leather jacket just as Sehun did, with his collar riding the lowest of them all, tight, black jeans that hugged his thighs and his pale lavender boots completed the look. Chen's eyes were the most captivating; you could stare at them for so long and get lost to no end, but when he smirked, the edges of his mouth lifted up into a cheshire cat grin that would leave you wanting to see more.

My Chanyeol was the one in the back. He played the drums, and the bass drum would have their logo decorating its surface with big words saying, "MY HEARTS, YOUR ." Wearing just a tank top and ripped jeans that were so tight they hugged his legs and , a trail of stars were tattooed up his neck while a tribal pattern painted both his arms and the peak of his shoulders. You couldn't see it from here, but he had three tattoos on the inside of his arm that contradicted what he was like on stage. Too bad you couldn't see what was on his back (I obvously got to see what was there countless times). When he was on stage, he played the drums with such a unique flare; smoothly drumming along with the beat of the song, and playing the drums with so much emotion, and most of the time, aggression. There was such a passion in his eyes that whenever he looked at you, it made you feel like he could see through your soul... and possibly even your clothes. His hair was always styled up perfectly, but at the end of their shows, it was always messy, yet perfectly disheveled. Sometimes in their special shows, he'd play the guitar and sing a song for the audience. Although he was normally seated at the back, people's eyes were always on him, or maybe that's just what I thought considering he was the one I was always looking at. If he only looked in my direction, he would have seen how much I would have loved to take him right then and there, on stage for everyone to see.

 

They were currently playing, "Heart Failure," and before that - "Beyond Seoul." The most idiotic person in the group named the songs and the band, but they still wonder why most people think they're an abomination. No matter how hot Sehun looked, he was a complete dimwit and jackass. Fortunately, we all loved him anyway - even if the fans never knew how they got those names anyway. Although, speaking of names you would wonder why Yixing is called Lay. My first assumption was that he really liked Lays, or he got laid and even the weirdest thought of: he liked lying down (... Well, probably more like going down, as mentioned in the part about him getting laid. Or dare I say getting "Lay'd.").

"THANK YOU FOR COMING~!!" 'Chen' yells, and I would say that it broke my train of thought, but it was always loud to begin with.

Luhan corrects him, "He means 'Thank you for listening,' because we'll be back after the break!"

"You sound like a preteen sitcom or something that just went to commericial."

"And you sound like a dying walrus that everyone just seems to love, so I don't see the problem of me looking like a girl."

Sehun literally snorts into the mic, "He didn't say you were a girl.." Everyone laughs.

He conntinues, " . . . LuLu." Everyone screams and some cry.

Chen proceeds to yell again, "I DON'T LOOK LIKE A DYING WALRUS."

"He said sounds like. You shound like a dying walrus." I also forgot to mention that Lay is still working on his pronounciation.

 They're still screaming and I'm surprised that they haven't been dragged off stage, because the next band has to set up and they look really pissed off. P.S. They're standing right beside me.

"WELL, AT LEAST I DON'T LOOK LIKE I'M IN A TRIBE LIKE CHANYEOLLIE RIGHT OVER THERE," Chen satrts pointing and Chanyeol gets up. It didn't really help, because Chen is pretty short compared to him.

Chanyeol just raises an eyebrow, "And I'm still hotter than all of you, aren't I~?" He gets punched by Sehun and I laugh, but I never said that I was against his point. After all, I was never against Chanyeol in the first place.

They get off stage shortly after that, and no one could miss the death stares that "H.E.A.R.T.'' gives them as they pass by.

Chen tackles me like always. "Isn't my singing as beautiful as always, Baekhyunnie~?" I can see Chanyeol in the corner of my eye and who knows what would have happened if Chen wasn't kidding.

"Half of it was screaming, Jongdae, but it was good . . ." I trail off, because he already let go, and is currently staring at me like a walrus who just found a giant pile of clams randomly lying around, and literally knows that this is the best day of its life. Well, maybe excluding the 'best day of its life' part, because he just looks mad (and that's literally it).

Chen punches me and it seems like it's supposed to be playful, but any harder and I would've had a bruise beginning to bloom. "What did I say about that?" His voice is laced with venom (I've never really used that word to describe someone like him), and I always like to challenge snakes like him.

"I don't know. What did you say about that?"

He backs me up into a wall, "My name. I told you to only call me Chen. C-H-E-N. Is that so hard?"

"No not really, and I'm not in grade school you don't have to spell it out for me." I spit a little honestly.

Lay breaks it up like it's the most casual thing in the world, "No need to fight, Jongdae, he gets it."

"But you don't."

"And if I did, you wouldn't have listened to me would you?"

He lets go of my collar and I almost let go of my lunch, because I never noticed that he grabbed me.

I look at Chanyeol and he shrugs, telling me, you had it coming. Surprisingly, I'm not surprised. If that even makes any sense, but then again, my emotional state has always been like this and that wasn't surprsing since I was already like this for a while now and I tend to ramble on and it makes me panic so I get reall-

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol puts a hand on my shoulder and I look up.

"What's wrong?"

I can only choke out a, "What?"

He chuckles lightly, "I just wanted to know if you were all right, Baek."

"Y-yeah... I'm fine," is what I say, but I really feel like facepalming because this just seems like another Korean drama or anime. Not a fanfiction though, that would be really weird.

"You don't sound fine, you know. You can always tell me if somethign is wrong, we are together after all," he said. It surprised me, because we would always be open to each other and say everything that was on our minds, but now that we were in a relationship it seemed different. Chanyeol seemed different. He could still read me like an open book, but it didn't look like it was genuine anymore. It was like Chanyeol felt like he was obligated and entitled to my feelings just because I was like this, and even more now that we were together.

"I know, you always tell me this," lowering my head so I can't look at him.

"What about you?"

"Hm?" Chanyeol asks, but not really.

"I mean, are you all right?" I know he's smiling when I say it.

"Now that you're here I am~" I hear someone make puking noises and I know it's Chen. At first I thought it was Sehun, but Luhan dragged him away sometime ago. Luhan normally drags girls around backstage as I said, so this was a once in a life time experience! (Not really.)

"You should just get a room if you're going to do the boom jiggidies," Lay says and we all burst out into laughter.

"WHO TAUGHT YOU BOOM JIGGIDY?!" Chen's shouting and laughing at the same time if that's even possible. I wouldn't be worried though, he can fit a lot of things in his mouth and his (at the same time too if you please).

Lay is just stadning there confused and I feel like he wants to laugh, but can't since we're laughing at him. "Sehun taught me . . . why?"

We would go and chase Sehun down for that, but we don't wanna know what he's doing with the infamous Luhan right now.

"I don't see the problem though . . ."

Chen's still laughing, "THE PROBLEM? THE-"

"YOU GUYS TAUGHT ME A BUNCH OF WORDS LIKE: YOU MOT-"

"Mother of tap dancing Korean Jesus, get on that stage and set up again before I stick those drum sticks up all of your asses until you bleed." We all go quiet.

I raise my hand, "What if you're not in the band?"

"Then I'll just stick something else up your , how about that~?" Chanyeol sings, but not literally (if you know what I mean).

The staff member drags them all up on stage, while Sehun and Luhan run by with tousled hair, grabbing their instruments.

"GOOD LUCK," I shout, but not with much enthusiasm. I'm such an optimist, aren't I?

"I'LL BE WAITING TO STICK ALL KINDS OF THINGS UP YOU, BAEKKIE~!" Chanyeol shouts back.

Everyone goes quiet.

"THE MICS ARE ON, KNUCKLEHEAD."

 

It's easily forgotten after they play it off (literally) saying, "GET READY FOR MY HEART, YOUR DUCKS~!!!" Which also means: Chen started yelling again.

They continue to play "Why Deer, Why", "Secret Dong", "Flight of Miracles", and my favourite song of all, "1.5 Inch Miracles" (which really doesn't seem like a miracle, 'cause that sounds pretty disappointing if you ask me) with no problems.

 

I wake up the next day to the headlines: 'MY HEART, YOUR DUCKS' PARK CHANYEOL HAS A DIRTY LITTLE SECRET.'

"Huh, I got their band name wrong this whole time . . ." I mumble as I stare at the giant beside me.

 

 

 

 


 

Author's Note:

PREPARE YOUR BUTTS FOR SOMETHING REAL NICE. LET THE CLENCHING BEGIN. (I'M SCREWED. MY BROTHER SAW THE THIRST)

YO YO YO~ ISN'T THIS A MIRACLE? WE UPDATED IN LESS THAN A WEEK YAAASS. ANTICIPATE THE NEXT CHAPPIIEE IT'S GON BE DIFFERENT. ENJOOYYY~ AND KREASE UPDATED HIS INSTAGRAAAMM *JUMPING AROUND HAPPILY* BTS IS SO CLOSE BANGTAN BANGTAN BANGTAN.

 

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥