[SHINee] Jonghyun/Key

All the Kpop Oneshots

Only You

By: tokkiki

Rating: PG

Word Count: 435

Pairings: Jonghyun/Key, Minho/Taemin

Warnings: unedited

 

"Only you would already be prepared for Valentine's Day, hyung," Minho groaned as Jonghyun completely destroyed him at Mario Kart.  In the blink of his huge frog eyes, Minho had managed to fall off the edge of Rainbow Road (for the record, it was the only level of Mario Kart that Jonghyun could beat Minho at, probably because dating Key had trained his eyes to adjust to the flashy neon colors that distract Minho and make him lose every single time).

Jonghyun, the hopeless romantic, grinned.  "I've been planning this for weeks, which is lucky for you; Taemin's probably expecting something, and now I have the time to help you decide what you are gonna do for him this year.

Minho chucked a Wii remote at him.  "Unlike Key, Taemin is low-maintenace.  He probably won't care if I just show up with banana milk or something."

Scoffing, Jonghyun scrolled through to find another level, promptly choosing Moo Moo Meadows.  "Sure, yeah, I guess."

The two idols sat in relative silence, Minho occasionally muttering, "banana peel? again?" and Jonghyung screaming endlessly, "BLUE SHELL! WTF!" Casually, as Minho (on his final lap) passed up Jonghyun (still on his 2nd lap), he mused, "So... what are you planning for Key?"

Jonghyun cursed loudly, having run into a group of cows who started to push him backwards.  "Um... NO- I got him- DAMN COW- a dinosaur."

Just as Jonghyun finally escaped the cows, Minho zoomed across the finish line in first place, turning to face the shorter idol.

"A dinosaur."

"Yeah, hyung, like a huge, cute, stuffed animal one.  With a bow." As Minho's eyebrows raised with each word, Jonghyun began panicking.

"What?  Minho?  You think he'll hate it?  MINHO!  Talk to me!" Jonghyun grabbed at the taller's shoulders, shaking him back and forth as he remained quiet.

Quietly, Minho shrugged.  "What's the big deal?  You're the one dating him.  You know him better than I do."

Jonghyun groaned at Minho's huge, solemn frog eyes.  "I'm screwed."

~

Valentine's Day

~

"Only you would do something so stupid, Jjong," Key huffed at the sight of an enormous stuffed dinosaur on Key's bed in the dorm with a lopsided pink bow tied around its neck.

Other couples give each other flowers, chocolates, and teddy bears for Valentine's Day.  And that stupid dino had the nerve to wrap up a ten-foot stegasaurus in the middle of Key's flawless, color-coordinated comforter and mattress duo?  Oh no.  Key was furious.

Pouting, Key snatched his cellphone from the pocket of his (designer) studded pink leather jacket and speed dialed Jonghyun.

"YAA! KIM JONGHYUN! WANNA DIE?"

 

Foreword

tokkiki