[EXO] Sehun/Kai

All the Kpop Oneshots

Piece Of His Heart

By: _THELeiacorn_

Rating: PG

Word Count: 446

Pairings: Sehun/Kai

Warnings: butchering of the I Can Hear Your Voice concept, no editing, weird ending, valiant effort at non-crappy writing (because these days I'm just not feeling it)

 

Sehun tilts his head up at his hyung. He locks eyes with the bronzed, lean figure. “Do you love me, Jongin?”

Jongin quietly chuckles, “Of course I do, silly. Why else would I spend half my paycheck on your bubble tea binges?”

Sehun goes back to reading his novel, apparently reassured. And certain that the lingering traces of flowery perfume are just figments of his imagination.

Most of the frosted cookie in his hand is gone. He puts down the last bite, to savor it for later.

Jongin’s phone vibrates several times. He moves away from Sehun, standing up from the couch and stretching. “The director needs to see me. He wants to rehearse some last minute scene from the ballet…”

Sehun nods, barely taking in a word Jongin says. He’s too caught up in his story; his fingers trip over themselves to flip the pages.

Jongin smiles sadly to himself when he leaves. Why did Sehun have to be such a nice kid?

Sehun strains his ears as Jongin’s car silently chugs away. Only when he’s certain that Jongin’s gone does he put down the book he was pretending to be engrossed in, and bury his face into his hands.

The faint perfume on Jongin is real.

And Jongin lied.

Like he always does.

Sehun knows Jongin so well, it’s almost as if when he looks into Jongin’s eyes, his thoughts come flowing to him.  Jongin would never go out on a Friday night for a last-minute rehearsal. He’d scream and beg and cry, throwing in the theatrics and finally sulking away the rest of the night at a bar.

And when Jongin lies, his lips twitch slightly at the corners, as if he’s already celebrating getting away with hiding the truth.

Sehun supposes that it can’t be helped that someone like Jongin will always stay that way, never able to settle down with a stable relationship. Someone like Jongin can never let go of the delicious high of owning a bit of everyone they love.

But Sehun doesn’t want to leave Jongin...though if he had a (working) brain, he probably should’ve a long, long time ago.

There have been too many cold, bleak nights without Jongin. Life is short. Love should last.

Which is why Sehun decides that maybe, just to keep that piece of Jongin’s heart, he’ll keep quiet and ignore Jongin’s Friday night escapades.

And maybe one day Jongin will finally say those three little words to him, and Sehun will know he really has changed his ways.

Having a piece is better than having none, he muses, staring at the small chunk of Christmas cookie still lying innocently on a white napkin. 

 

Foreword

_THELeiacorn_