; Whispers of the Truth

Holding On
Please log in to read the full chapter

HOLDING ON Part 4

'Then there was no more, but a shadow...'

 

HyeoYeon stared at the latest picture posted on her ex-fiance's instagram account. Her eyes went through the caption words written underneath the black and white image, again and again.

She scrolled further down to the latest comments.

Nice pic! Did you take it yourself?

I haven't seen you around Vsquare lately, bruh. Did you change clubs? You still owe me drinks!

I called you a few times already JJ. Please pick up?

Quit the moping face yet, man? It's been aeons. We miss you at the club.

Of all the comments she had went through, not one of them could give her clues of his current whereabouts. It had been months since she received that farewell gift from this man. And this particular picture was posted a day after.

There was no update since then. It was like he had disappeared.

"Where are you, Jae?"

A whisper. 

And a tear.

But she wouldn't admit it. With all her heart, she wished that the circumstances had been different. She wished that she had been stronger. Stronger to not fall the first time, and stronger to not keep on falling for him until now.

She couldn't deny it.

She really, truly misses him...

Ever since before, she had always missed him. And knowing that he was somewhere nearby helped to supress the longing. But now, when he has disappeared without a trace, her feelings could no longer be contained.

A part of her was still willing to give him another chance. It's just that the larger part of her still couldn't let go of his betrayal.

 

She could still remember that day. She had to hear it from someone else. And worse, the news was being broadcasted all over the country. There was nothing else she could do. She could only watch in tears and humiliation, and endure the worst heart break she had felt since knowing the person named Kim JaeJoong.

She could still remember the words spoken by the newscaster.

"The sole heir to Kim conglomerate was caught in a hot, intimate scene with top Japanese supermodel, Hiroko Sato."

"A video with total duration of twenty minutes, bear witnessed the intimacy between the two famous icons."

"It was also reported that Kim JaeJoong is engaged to be married by the end of this year." -

Eventhough her name wasn't mentioned, everyone knew who Kim JaeJoong was engaged to. And it definitely wasn't Hiroko Sato.

What had hurt her more was when the uncensored copy of the hot, intimate scene was sent directly to her email.

At that point, there was no use to denying it. It was clear. She saw everything, every single detail that happened that night at that hotel room. 

It was painful.

Her cellphone had rang non-stop since the first broadcast of the news. JaeJoong had tried to reach her all the way from Japan. But she ignored every single one of it. Who knows what lies he would feed to her and her family now that the truth has surfaced.

Until this day, she still couldn't believe that her so-called fiance could have with someone else behind her back. After all they had been through, after all he had done to court her, how could he do this to her?

She sighed.

She couldn't face the world since then. A lot of criticism were thrown at her. In the end, she was the one at fault. She was the who had seduced their poor Kim JaeJoong and charmed his family, and pulled their most eligible bachelor into the large trap called marriage so that she could have him and his wealth all to herself.

They even went as far as accusing that she was a bad lover and was far from being good enough in bed for their sweetheart Kim JaeJoong, as a cause for him to have looked elsewhere for better .

It hurts.

It really hurts.

She had never intended for any of these to get this far. She had drawn the line very early ever since they first met. She knew well who he was, and was prepared to not get involved in any way. But he had been a total charmer, and she thought it wouldn't hurt to have him as a friend.

She shouldn't have crossed that line. She shouldn't have given him that one chance.

But he had been really persistent.

Even after numerous times of getting rejected, JaeJoong was still tailing her, trying new ways to gain her affection, to get her to be his special someone. It was very peculiar, especially knowing that JaeJoong never begs. Thus b

Please log in to read the full chapter