; Unwinding Regrets

Holding On
Please log in to read the full chapter

HOLDING ON Part 3

JaeJoong had come from a wealthy family, the type were businesses were inherited and marriages arranged for. He hadn't always liked the notion when it comes to the fact that he was the only child of a business tycoon. Ever since birth, his life has been practically laid out for him. He may have opinions of his own, but never given the choice. In the end, what his parents said goes. And he hated that.

So he grew up having a bitter side within himself, a part of him that rebels. But he never let it show. For whatever his parents needed his attention on, he had been the perfect son. But when they turned their backs, he was always up to the exact opposite. And it became his bad habit.

He had first met her in one of the social gatherings of his school. He had instantly developed a liking for her. She was easy-going and was very friendly. She didn't care who he was or where he came from. She treated him just like she would to anyone else. That made it very easy for them to become friends.

She wasn't his only female friend. In fact, he had a lot of them lining up simply because of his handsome face and huge pockets. Women would kill to have a partner of his caliber. And he did nothing to make them think otherwise. He too had loved the attention.

Finding a girlfriend had never been an issue. No one would pass the chance to be with him, more so to have the extra privilege that comes with the package. He had lost count of how many girls he had dated even before he graduated from high school. He was proud of this lifestyle, the kind that he thinks other men would be jealous of. And besides, he never cared of what will happen to the girls once he was bored with them. They all knew that in the end he would have to marry the girl his parents would choose for him anyway. So why bother with worrying about feelings when they knew what they were up against from the very beginning. They wouldn't even stand a chance so why not just have fun while they were at it.

Sooner or later, he owned up to the playboy title. As he entered university, he managed to get a new girlfriend every few weeks. Most of them didn't care and simply enjoyed the opportunity. Girls were so easy to have in his opinion. They were practically throwing themselves at him.

Save for the select few.

When he said few, he really meant one person. And that is her, the girl he had first met at his school's social gathering. 

Amongst all the girls that he had known, most of them came to him with one goal in mind in which to date him. The rest would tend to avoid him, but none would stay close to him this long and never tried anything past being friends.

But she did.

She became a very close friend at one point, the type whom you share your problems with and would have each other's backs. While secretly having a crush on her, they never once talked about feelings and relationships with each other. There was simply no chance for him to bring it up. Whenever he tried to stir their conversation towards that direction, she would cleverly turn it back around.

But he wasn't going to give up. He genuinely wanted her as more than a friend. And his wishes always comes true.

What JaeJoong wants, JaeJoong gets.

Every single girl he had grown a liking for had no problem to agree on dating him. They were more than happy to oblige to his demands. But she hadn't been so easy.

While waiting for an opening for him to bring up the topic between them, his playboy persona didn't stop the incoming of new girlfriends. It took him his whole university career to finally had the chance to ask her to be his girlfriend. And even when she had finally said yes, he was still dating other girls behind her back, just because he was used to living that kind of life.

It was just bad habit, he figured. But he didn't think too much of it as long as he didn't get caught.

And besides, it wasn't like anything could get more serious. He was bound to marry another sooner or later. She will just end up like the rest of them. Bad habit or not, it really didn't matter by the end of the day.

Or so he thinks.

What he didn't know was that his parents had kept a close eye on his relationships. They weren't heartless to the point that they would force their only son to marry just anyone. They wanted his son to marry someone he at least had fondness for. And among all the girls their son had encountered, they were particular on one that had constantly been by his side for years.

They had once asked him who the girl was to him, and he honestly told them that she was a good friend. Not that they believed him. His eyes had told them a whole different story.

The news that the two had started dating relieved the parents' uncertainty. They d

Please log in to read the full chapter