; Another Step Further

Holding On
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Time will heal, they say.

She haven’t quite decided if it was true. She wasn’t even sure if she had truly forgiven him yet. Even after years, she wouldn’t lie to herself that she had forgotten it all. She still remembers everything, every single pain, including the heartbreak that had caused it all.

But despite it all, she realised that there could be no one else but him. Despite the struggles she had went through, she will always love him and only him. And going by logic alone, she gains nothing by continuing to sulk and keeping grudge.

HyeoYeon spent another few weeks with the love of her life in New York after the reconciliation. As always, JaeJoong was so busy with work. He’s currently found a potential replacement for his position and has began to prepare the lad to take over the reigns. Well, work transition should be easily passed over. But the issue that concerns JaeJoong the most is if the lad was fully trustworthy.

JaeJoong doesn’t keep anything from her anymore. From the issue at work, down to the itch on his , he tells every single thing and doesn’t even keep the odd one out. Experience teaches great lessons and JaeJoong has learned things the hard way. He wouldn’t let history repeat itself. If HyeoYeon was to be part of his life for eternity, there wasn’t anything much to lose. She deserved the right to every aspects of him, from now until forever.

Closer to her departure date back to Korea, they made their relationship official again, as agreed. They invited both their families to New York to attend the press conference. The whole world was yet again surprised at the turn of events. HyeoYeon couldn’t blame anyone for the shock. Even herself was still trying to get used to the new development.

The entertainment journalist had the most fun, as HyeoYeon observed. One had questioned about Hiroko Sato, and even Jennifer. If manners weren’t important, she’d have thrown her chair far towards the speculating bastard. JaeJoong noticed the change in HyoYeon's face, and quickly reached for her hand underneath the table, squeezing it softly as support and assurance.

“Flaws of my past will remain where it is. What is more important is how we will learn from, and appreciate our histories in order to shape for a better future,” JaeJoong had answered calmly.

HyeoYeon remembered being awed at his diplomatic responses. JaeJoong from a few years ago wouldn’t have come up with anything close to that. That JaeJoong was childish and cheesy, and was never quite serious when it comes to interviews. He simply enjoyed the attention and loved to humour everyone.

This time however, he put in a lot more effort to make sure that there wouldn’t be any misunderstandings coming from any of their responses. He wants everyone to understand clearly where they’re standing now, and asks everyone to stop making speculations because they have truly chosen each other.

They ended the press conference by telling everyone to expect a wedding invitation soon. He wouldn’t allow them to waste anymore time. The marriage has been long overdue. Even if HyeoYeon protests, there wouldn’t be much support from both of their families anyway. It seemed that JaeJoong had won all of them over.

If only she had seen it coming.

“I want you to return my parents to me,” HyeoYeon muttered annoyingly one fine day. “They are my parents, not yours. What have you done to them?”

JaeJoong chuckled. “I can’t help it if they’ve always liked me.”

“Pft. You broke their daughter’s heart. There is nothing to like about you.”

“Maybe because I’m handsome?” JaeJoong added, enjoying the complaints. “Or because I’m rich and famous? Or because I’m such a good catch for their only-average daughter?”

HyeoYeon pouted a little. “You're none of those. You’re just full off fattening cheese.”

“But only the type that you love, Yeonnie,” JaeJoong added happily, arms reaching and circling around her waist. “Only yours.”

He moved to drop a soft peck on her forehead, followed by another on her right cheek, before aiming a full-fledged kiss on her agaped lips, all the while totally grinning.

HyeoYeon immediately gave up and simply sighed into the kiss. It’s getting more and more difficult to win against him these days. There was just too much loving. It was like he was compensating for all the time they have missed. It was like he was making up for the lost time.

He slowly pulled away after a while of smooching. “Did you know what I also thought of during the time we were apart?”

She bit on her lips, tasting the lingering feeling of his lips on hers. “What?”

“Kids,” he told her truthfully. “Little Joongies and Yeonnies.”

“What?!” she sounded more shocked. Heat immediately crept up her already flushed cheeks.

“What what? It’s only natural to think about children when you're only a step away from marriage, right?” He reached for her hands and interlaced their fingers together. “We could have had at least two by now, that was what I thought of.”

HyeoYeon stared at him unbelievingly. “Who would want to have children with you? I’ll pass, thank you very much,” HyeoYeon simply turned and walked away quickly. But in her heart, only God knows how crazily it was

Please log in to read the full chapter