Chapter 33 - The Sakae VS Namba war!!! Nagisa's tears, chu!!

Tentomu chu!! desu~ (Dropped)

Nagisa left Tokyo for some work in Osaka, specifically, the Namba48 theatre. But, she had no idea what she had walked into.

“Namba48 will take the top!”

“OOOOOH!!!”

Almost all the members were huddled together, like it was a mass conference. Sayanee, the leader of the Namba division, was in command and at the center of the table.

“Ah, Nagi~” Miyuki came and grabbed her wrist, pulling her forward. “You’re just in time.”

“What’s goin’ on here?”

“Oh, this? This is for our plan of attack on the Sakae division.”

“Plan of attack?!”

“We’re gonna take ‘em down!”

“OOOOH!!!”

“Sempai and kouhai don’t matter!”

“OOOOOH!!!”

“We’ll leave them to eat our dust!”

“OOOOOOH!!!!”

“This is happening…” Nagisa thought as she held her head. “This is really happening… Sakae and Namba are in an all-out war!”

Just then, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. When she saw it was Ryouha, she took the chance to escape and hid in the bathroom.

“Hello? Ryouha?”

“This is happening…” the girl on the other side answered. “This is really happening!”

“I know.”

“What do we do?”

“I don’t think we have a choice. We just have to go along with whatever they have planned.”

“Ehh?!”

“Don’t worry. How bad can it be?”

…..

“What the heck..?”

We heard from Nagisa and Ryouha that Sakae48 and Namba48 were at war… but, this is ridiculous!

Me, Nana, Miki, and Yuria were standing in front of a huge cage. One side was everyone from the Sakae division, the other side was the Namba division.

The Namba girls were wearing outfits that looked… punkish. Especially Sayanee’s. She had a red leather jacket, red ruby lips, and her makeup was done to give her a firey look.

All of them were yelling loudly at the Sakae girls, who did nothing but glare at them.

Their outfits were black and white, and very cool. All of them remained silent, polar opposites from the Namba side.

Out of both crowds, I saw Nagisa and Ryouha. Both of them were looking at each other, worried expressions on their faces.

“Will they be okay?”

“Guys!” I heard a voice from afar as I saw a figure running towards us.

“Ikoma-chan?”

“Hi, guys.” She beamed a smile.

“What are you wearing?”

“Oh, this?” She showed off her cosplay. She looked like a white cat, but she had blue flames on her head, and red swirls painted on her cheeks. She also had a sack tied around her neck, slung over her back. “I’m *Komasan! Yoro-zura~”

“Why are you dressed like that?”

*“It was for a TV shooting. I got to do ‘Youkai Taisou Dai-ichi’!”

“It looks like you had a lot of fun.”

She simply smiled, giggling like an idiot.

“Hey, girls.”

We all looked and saw Yui walking up to us. With her was one of our sempai in Akihabara48 industries, Kitahara Rie.

“Yuihan! Kitarie!”

“Yo!”

“I heard what happened. What’s goin’ on?”

“Apparently, Namba and Sakae are at war.”

“Well, that’s new.” The two leaned up against the pole, looking over the scene.

“Just think if we were in that mess.”

*“Oh yeah, weren’t you two temporarily in Sakae and Namba for a while?”

“Yup. Since I was born in Aichi, I was transferred over there for a bit, but not too long. Now, I’m working as an actress over here.”

“And since I was born in Kyoto, I was transferred to Namba for some time. It was fun, so I sometimes miss being with them. But right now, I’m focusing on my job in Tokyo.”

“You girls will understand one day.”

Yui… Rie…

“Ah...” We all looked and saw two figures enter the cage. It was Sayanee and Jurina. “It started.”

“When those two get serious...”

“They get scary.”

…..

Round one: Jurina and Sayaka

As the two entered the cage, hearing the girls’ cheers and screams behind them, Jurina picked up a microphone in the center on the ground.

She then pulled back her bangs, entering a whole other state. Her *“Center” mode.

“Oi, Yamamoto…” The tone in her voice changed; a more intimidating tone. “You think Osaka is all that… but, you’re forgetting, you aren’t the only ones with a CASTLE!”

She threw the mic down, her team cheering as she stepped back and stared down the older girl as she went and picked up the mic.

Sayaka had changed, too. Her hot Osaka-blood was boiling and fire was in her eyes.

“That’s some talk, eh, Matsui?” She spoke in her Kansai dialect. “Don’t act all high ‘n mighty, though. We Osaka residents have fire in our blood. So you’re playing with somethin’ dangerous!”

She threw the mic, louder cheers coming from the heated Osaka team.

Jurina scoffed, picking up the mic. “Fighting fire with fire is how we fight. It’s how we show what we got!”

Jurina threw the mic down again, but then something happened. She got up close to Sayaka and spun around, throwing down her arms in front of her.

“Oh yea?” Sayaka smirked. She pushed her away and spun, her knees then bending and making her body drop to the ground a bit before standing back up. She threw her hand out in front of Jurina. “Beat that.”

The younger girl smirked, her shoulders moving a bit.

With her dance, she threw a punch, but Sayaka ducked and dodged it. She kicked, but Jurina spun and just missed her foot. The two faced each other close, both had a smile on their face.

“You got a nice beat.”

“You too.”

“Hey, Yamamoto…” She back up a bit, picking up the mic, then got close to her again. In a fake-Osaka accent, she said, “I ain’t gonna lose to ya!”

Sayanee’s eyebrow twitched.

“Don’t underestimate Osaka’s pride.”

“Sayaka,” Miyuki stepped up, close to the cage. “I’m goin’ in.”

“Got it.” Sayaka left and the two switched out.

Jurina decided to switch as well, going to her team.

“Who’s going in?”

Before anyone could step up, Rena got closer and stepped in. Jurina immediately gained an uneasy look.

“Are you sure? What if..?”

Rena shook her head. “Don’t worry.”

Round 2: Rena and Miyuki

The two entered the cage, looking at each other intensely. Rena seemed to have entered a more serious mode, but it wasn’t as intimidating as Jurina.

Miyuki grinned, going up to take the mic.

“Well, this’ll be interesting,” she said with a devilish smirk. “I’m not worried, though. I’ll win against you.”

“Hm?”

“Rena… even if you act all tough, you’re weak. Not just physically either, you have a glass heart.”

Rena grabbed the mic from the demon. “Don’t act all high and mighty. Just because you work under both labels, it doesn’t mean you’re all that… Remember, *‘Kareha no Station’ was MY song first!”

Miyuki grabbed it back. “You’re old news, Rena… Why don’t you just leave, just like everyone else?” Then, she pushed her, making her fall to the ground. Her back hit the cage, the other members panicking as the Namba girls cheered.

“Rena...” Jurina gripped the metal cage.

Just then, Rena’s face grew dark. She lost the light in her eyes as her expression turned blank and emotionless.

She slowly got up, making the others silent.

Miyuki looked and saw the girl was up again, her head hung low.

“You done it now, Miyuki.” Jurina spoke.

“Eh?”

Rena’s hand slowly raised up to her lips, and she started biting her nails, creating a small clicking sound. Her breathing quickened and turned into soft giggles, a strange smile drew across .

“W-what..?”

…..

Rena..? What is she…?

“Oh crap...” Yui and Rie’s eyes widened, their bodies becoming stiff.

“It’s been awhile since we’ve seen this.”

“What?”

“Ah,” Rina spoke. “This… this must be what Jurina-san warned me about.”

“Eh? Warned you?”

“She said it was something that happened to her after the accident… that you must never let it be unleashed. A dangerous, crazy monster...”

“M-m-m-monster..?!”

“Hehehe...” Rena’s giggles started to increase, becoming louder and crazier. There was a wild look in her eyes and a twisted smile.

A monster..? Another person.. inside her?

“Yes…” Yui said, the wind starting to rise. “Rena’s other self.”

“A split personality...” Rie spoke, “named… *Gekikara.”

“Hahahahaha… no, not yet, hehe… Right now, I’m *Chuukara.”

Her laugh was sending chills down my spine, and that look on her face… Her eyes, her smile, it was scary. Like she was possessed.

“Nee… okotteru?”

“W-why is Rena-san acting like that?!”

“Rena only gets like this when she feels threatened. It’s almost like a defense mechanism.”

“That last comment must’ve really hurt.”

“What’s gonna happen now?”

“Since Rena’s already like this, we can’t stop her right now. We just have to watch…”

…..

“Hehe, nee…” Gekikara got closer, holding Miyuki’s wrist and pulling her close. “You have a cute face.”

“Thanks.”

“Hehehe… mind if I mess it up a bit?”

She then punched her face, making her fall to the ground. The Namba girls fell silent, so did the Sakae girls, who just stared in awe.

“Oi, Miyuki, get up!” A pink-haired Momoka yelled.

The others girls started yelling. Miyuki got up, wiping the blood from .

She chuckled. “You want me to *jabu-jabu you?”

Gekikara simply giggled, taunting the demon with her finger.

Miyuki threw a punch, but Gekikara didn’t fall. It was as if she didn’t feel the pain. She simply laughed more and started attacking the little devil.

No matter what she took, Gekikara’s laughs grew louder, and her attacks on Miyuki became more violent and she went without remorse. She grabbed the devil’s neck, choking her while little giggles escaped her lips.

“I’ll break you… I’ll destroy everyone!!!”

…..

“Oi, this is bad!” Miki spoke.

“We need to do something, or Rena’s gonna kill her!”

“We can’t interfere. Besides, Gekikara is too strong, especially for you girls.”

“But…”

Just then, I saw Jurina walk into the cage. She walked up to Rena and grabbed her shoulder, turning her around to face her.

“Jurina..?” Rena’s eyes slowly went back to normal.

“That’s enough. You’ve done enough. For now, rest.”

“Juri..na…” The elder girl slowly collapsed, falling into Jurina’s arms. The puppy girl looked up at Miyuki, who was holding her neck after catching her breath.

“I’m sorry…”

“No. I was the one who set her off.”

Jurina didn’t meet her gaze. Sae came over and helped her pick Rena up, carrying her off.

I gulped. “That was…”

“Intense,” Nana finished my sentence.

“Mako!” Just then, I saw Naanya running up to us. “I got your text. What’s going on here?”

“Sakae and Namba are at war.”

“Eh?!” She looked over and saw the cage. Nagisa and Ryouha were about to step in. “What’s gonna happen to them?”

“I’m not sure, but… hopefully they’ll be alright.”

…..

“Shibuya! Show that girl our Osaka pride!”

“OOOOH!!!”

“O-oh~…”

“Ryouha-tan, if you need me to step in, just whistle.”

“I-it’s okay, Ami-chan… I’m going in.”

Final Round: Ryouha and Nagisa

The two stepped in, the metal cage’s doors closing behind them.

Nagisa gulped a bit, trying to keep a straight face. She bent over and picked up the mic.

“O-oi, Kitagawa Ryouha..!” she started. “You’ve been getting more and more popular in Sakae, but… don’t act like you’re all that just cuz you’re younger and cuter than me!”

She threw the mic down, her hands still shaking a bit.

Ryouha picked up the mic, looking back at the others. When she saw everyone’s faces, she knew what she had to do.

Putting the mic up to , she said, “…Shut up, granny.”

“Eh..?!”

“You can’t tell me what to do. You’re not the boss of me.”

“R-ryouha..?!”

This was a new side awakened in her she had never seen. This was the most serious she had ever seen Ryouha.

“You may be older than me, but let me tell you this, you’re not that strong physically!”

“Kuh!” One stab to the heart.

“Also, you’re a bit of an airhead!”

“Gah!” Another stab.

“You aren’t as serious as the others with doing your job. All you do is eat, sleep, and pull pranks on us! Why don’t you take your job seriously, granny!”

Ryouha was finally done and threw the mic down, her teammates cheering for her.

“Oi, are you gonna take that, Shibuya?!” The Namba girls all started screaming loudly.

All the noise made Nagisa cover her ears. “Stop…”

Ryouha watched as the older girl suddenly fell to her knees, holding her head as tears started to fall.

“Please… stop..!”

Then, everything fell silent. No one dare made a sound.

Ryouha then stepped forward, walking towards her. She knelt down, placing her hand on her head.

“It’s over…”

Nagisa looked up with teary eyes.

“I’ve had enough, too. Of all of this… Let’s stop.”

“…Un.”

She helped the older girl stand up. Then, she picked up the mic again.

“This war is over. Let’s end it in a draw and call it even.”

She then dropped it on the ground and she and Nagisa left the cage, returning to the others. After that, both groups left, not another word spoken.

…..

“Jurina,” Sayanee walked up to the puppy.

“Hey.”

“Um, about earlier…”

“Yeah. That was… really something.” The two sat down on the staircase.

“That’s what bein’ rivals is about, huh?”

“If so, I think you’re the best rival I got.”

“Seriously?”

“Un.”

Jurina took out two cans of Cola, handing one to Sayanee. “Here.”

“Thanks.” They both opened them up, drinking from them. “What was that silly war about anyways?”

“Who knows? I forgot.”

The two laughed.

“Oh, and… I agree.”

“Hm?”

Sayanee smiled. “You’re the best rival I’ve had, too. In a long time.”

…..

“What the HECK was that, Ryouha-tan?!”

“Oh… that?”

“You were a totally different person out there!”

“Well…” Ryouha scratched her head as she looked at us. “I guess something just came over me.”

“Uwaa~ Now I know not to get you mad.”

“Nagisa, are you okay?” I asked.

“Un. All better.”

“Good. That scared us; we’ve never seen you cry before.”

“Blame Ryouha.”

“Oi!”

I watched the two laugh. They’re such good friends, after all.

“Oh, hey, where’s Mio-chan and Meru-chan?”

“In Hakata. They and Sasshi are going to try and find a source to where the Chosen one and Savior may be.”

“Good.”

“We should, too,” Miichan spoke. “I’m meeting up with Takamina now. Bye, guys.”

“Bye.”

Miki stretched her arms. “While they do that, let’s go to Shibuya!”

“Oi, Miki~”

“C’mon, let’s try and relax while we can.”

“Alright.”

“Hey, at least slow down!”

Let’s relax while we can… before things get serious again.

…..

As Mako and the others started leaving, Nagisa tugged on Ryouha’s shirt.

“Hey, Ryouha-tan,” she said, a playful grin on her face. “On second thought, let’s not tell them we planned that whole thing.”

“Eh? Seriously?”

“C’mon, it’ll make things more interesting.”

“Mou~” The younger girl smacked Nagisa’s head playfully. “You never change.”

================================

Footnotes

*1. Komasan – Another character from “Youkai Watch”. He is a cat-type youkai, like Jibanyan, who’s from the countryside and loves ice cream. His catchphrases are “Monge!” and “Zura~”

*2. Reference to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch&v=0u-1Ej2sW50

*3. “Youkai Taisou Dai-ichi” is the first ending theme to the Youkai Watch anime.

*4. Yui and Rie both had temporary co-currencies in SKE and NMB respectively from August 2012 until April 2013.

*5. Center – Jurina’s character in the drama, “Majisuka Gakuen”

*6. “Kareha no Station” was Rena’s solo song in Team S’s “Seifuku no Mei” theatre concert, however, after Rena moved to Team E and Miyuki became co-current with Team S, Miyuki took the song in her place.

*7. Gekikara – Rena’s character in “Majisuka Gakuen”. The name means “super spicy”, because of Rena’s ability to eat super spicy food.

*8. In Season 2 of “Majisuka Gakuen”, Gekikara surpressed her violent acts, and thus was separated into Amakuchi(when she’s calm; means “sweet”), Chuukara(getting fired up; means “mild/medium spicy”, and Gekikara(crazy and extremely violent).

*9. A phrase often said by Miyuki’s character “Kobii” in Season 4 of Majisuka Gakuen. It means “to beat someone up”.