Chapter 8 -- Sudden breakup?! Mio and Meru's big fight, chu!! (Part 1)

Tentomu chu!! desu~ (Dropped)

As work started today, I couldn’t help but smile seeing Mio and Meru holding hands as they walked together.

“Those two are so close, aren’t they?” I said to Yuko, walking beside me.

“I guess it’s a given when you grow up together in the same town and go to the same school.”

“Hehe, well, yeah.”

It’s no surprise that those two were best friends. Every day, when I got to the agency building, they were always together. No one’s ever seen them apart, or even fighting.

That must be a good thing, to have a true, best friend that you never part with, or fight with. I wish I could be like that with everyone…

“Mako-chan!”

“Eh?”

“C’mon! It’s time to check out our new outfits!”

I smiled and walked with them, still watching them as their intertwined hands swing at their sides.

It really does seem nice, having a best friend…

…..

“Alright, Isako,” Kyoya smirked as he went through his books and gathered some ingredients from his shelves and cabinets. “Any requests?”

“Simple. I want a spell that will GET RID of those brats!”

“Please, darling, be specific.”

“Darling?!”

Kyoya chuckled as he threw in some herbs and poured in a blue potion into the cauldron.

“What did you have in mind?”

“Yes. There’s a recipe here for a potion that will cloud the consumer’s heart in darkness. They’ll hate the very first person they make eye contact with.”

“Interesting. Why such a potion?”

*Jewel Harmony.”

“Huh?”

“Once they figure out how to merge their Heart fragments and synchronize their auras, they’ll unlock Jewel Harmony. Once they’ve mastered it, your dear Demon King is a goner.”

Isako clicked her tongue and approached the mirror. She pulled out a strand of her hair and touched the glass, showing the girls in their dressing room, looking at outfits.

Specifically, Mio and Meru.

“Look at them… so happy and cheerful and full of hope. Disgusting..!”

“Ah, yes. It seems those two are best friends since they were kids.”

Isako smirked and dropped her hair strand into the cauldron, turning it pink.

“Let’s change that.”

…..

“It’s really great that we got new outfits, isn’t it?” Meru said as she skipped and twirled down the sidewalk.

“You seem happy.”

“Of course Meru’s happy. I’m in Tokyo, I’m an idol, and I’ve got my best friend with me.”

Mio giggled and took hold of Meru’s hand. As they turned a corner, they saw a strange flower with two buds looking as if they were about to sprout.

“What’s this?”

“Not sure.”

They got closer to it, curious as to what it was. The flower slowly unraveled and both buds opened, a strange pink gas entering Mio and Meru.

They stepped back and coughed, feeling the pollen in their system. Meru tripped and fell on her .

“Ah~ itai~” she whined and rubbed her as she sniffled a bit, holding back her tears. “Mou, that hurt…”

“Meru, are you…” As soon as Mio saw Meru, something inside her changed. She felt a strange wave of anger crash over her and she changed her tone. “..Just going to sit there? Get up!”

“Help me, please~” Meru said, not looking up at Mio.

“Stop acting like a kid! You can get up yourself!”

“Wha..?” Meru met Mio’s gaze and the same feeling of anger and bitterness took over her. Her tears had run dry and she angrily got up. “I am NOT a kid! I’m only a year younger than you!”

“Well, you act like a little kid! You need to grow up!”

“Oh yeah? You’re not a Miss Perfect, yourself.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?!”

Isako chuckled as she watched from afar, her hat pulled over her eyes so that no one saw her face. She grinned widely at the sight of the two of them locked in a heated argument.

“And best friends have become worst enemies…” she chuckled before disappearing in the ground.

…..

“Where are they?” Miki said, pacing the room. “They said they’d be here for recording.”

“It’s already been an hour.” Nana said, looking at her watch.

“Maybe they got lost?” Ryouha said worriedly.

“Or lost track of time?” Nagisa spoke up, sitting beside me.

“It’s weird. Those two would normally be here by now.”

“What could’ve happened…?”

Just then, the door slammed open. Meru stomped in and sat down in the chair next to mine.

“Seriously, what is her problem today?”

“What’s wrong, Meru-chan?”

“It’s Mio! She’s acting like she’s the boss of everything, telling me what to do!”

Eh? Mio and Meru had a fight?

“Why isn’t she here with you?”

“Huh?! Like I’d want her here!” she raised her voice, making us all jump a bit. “Besides, she said she was going to another recording studio so she wouldn’t have to deal with me!”

“She actually said that?”

“I know, right?! I’m better off without her!”

This can’t be happening…

“Meru, what are you saying?”

“I HATE MIO!!!”

===========================

Footnotes

*1. Jewel Harmony - A special ability where two or more Heart fragments synchronize their auras to create a new power.