5/5

Personal Preference
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He stood in front of his company’s board of directors. He was in difficult situation this morning when, as Jaejoong promised he came and found the letter settled in his desk.

 

He took about half an hour to think about things.

If Jaejoong was honest and he wanted to leave because he couldn’t bear with his feelings toward Yunho, but he didn’t feel Jaejoong’s struggle whenever he was around him, Jaejoong looked more than normal with his gestures and jokes even around Yunho.

Which lead him to think of what Yesung always said about Jaejoong. What if he was truly using Yunho and now that he was done he’s moving to Choi’s? Considering everything and even what Jaejoong said about himself, that he only cares about work. So why is he now deciding to choose Yunho, that doesn’t make any sense.

The CEO sighs bitterly as he took his pen to sign the paper. Jaejoong fooled him and used him to get exactly what he wants, and the best way to save what is left of his shattered heart is to let Jaejoong go.

But what if he was honest? He shook his head not allowing the idea to get him. If Jaejoong meant what he said he would prove it by approaching him.

 

Last night after Jaejoong’s phone call he kept wondering all night thinking of his last sweet words and he couldn’t get any sleep because of thinking. But in the morning when he came back to his sense, all the realistic possibilities came across his mind leaving him hurt.

His pride, his heart, his soul feeling hurt. He deserves better than this. He deserves better than Jaejoong.

 

“Today the designing department manager had resigned from his position. I will cover his spot for the presenting part since I got to be fully aware of every detail concerning the design.” He nods his head looking around the meeting room in the faces of the men he worked with years of his life “I ask for your understanding and make sure that I won’t disappoint you.” He bows when they nod their head in agreement “Thank you.”

 

After the meeting ended he walked out feeling suffocated whenever his eyes spotted Yesung grinning and laughing his heart out.

“Believe me, you didn’t lose anything by letting Jaejoong go.”

Those were the words that Yesung muttered to make Yunho feel more easy but that only caused the CEO to get more annoyed.

 

…..

 

A few weeks later:

 

“You better not show him your face till I fix his car.” Hyunjoong gave a back bag to Jaejoong and handed him his wallet.

Jaejoong sighs deeply looking at the later “When will that happen?”

“On Monday. Stay in a hotel till then.” Hyunjoong shrugged his shoulders thinking while the other whined childishly

“Hyung!”

“I’m not the one who broke his car so deal with it. And you can have your time alone, you always wanted that.”

Jaejoong could only nod having no choice but to accept the reality “What about my car?”

“I could barely sneak this bag out the house without him noticing, you think I can take your car and he won’t notice?”

Jaejoong narrowed his eyes at the sense of sarcasm Hyunjoong would use in such time “Just tell him it was an accident and to stop sending me death threats” He took deep breath taking his bag “I guess this is the vacation I always wanted.”

 

Jaejoong was standing in the sidewalk letting the cool breeze hit his face softly while trying to stop a cab to take him to the hotel that he was supposed to be in for the weekend

“I’m in the front, please bring my car.”

His Jaw dropped open when he spotted the familiar tall figure standing right next to him. He was stunned, he had dropped the idea of meeting him ever again after he never heard from the man again two months ago.

Jaejoong was about to leave and take a taxi from another place when Yunho caught him standing next to him

“Jaejoong-ssi?”

Jaejoong had no choice but to turn to greet the man with a short distance between them “Sajang- I mean, Yunho-ssi.”

Yunho smiled politely stepping closer to Jaejoong “How are you?”

Jaejoong nodded trying to smile normally “I’m fine. I’ve always been fine. Are you okay?”

“Never been better.”

The two went silent for a few seconds, each was waiting for his drive. And Jaejoong couldn’t help himself from asking to throw all his doubt away so he wouldn’t feel awkward with Yunho “I hope you're not still mad at me.”

The CEO looked at him arching his eyebrows, he wasn’t mad at him, he felt bad for himself and hurt but now he’s okay and Jaejoong had nothing to worry about “I was never mad at you.”

Jaejoong nodded not believing him “Right.”

Silence came again leaving the two waiting patiently to leave because of the awkwardness. Jaejoong motioned a cab and it stopped right in front of him, he was about to get in when he thought that nothing worst could happen.

He looked again at Yunho this time he maintained his expressionless face “I was waiting for you to call but you never did. If you weren’t mad at me then why didn’t you?”

The CEO thought he misheard Jaejoong’s words. But the look in Jaejoong’s face showed him he didn’t. He muttered his words at the sudden question “I-” He gulped trying to form a sentence still looking in Jaejoong’s eyes “You were waiting? I thought-

Jaejoong shook his head cutting him off “You should’ve at least called and gave your final answer instead of making me wait like an idiot.”

 

Jaejoong was waiting?

Yunho never thought of that, he threw any idea of Jaejoong being honest out his head. He never thought of a reason that could hold Jaejoong from calling him.

Just when Jaejoong was about to get in the car and leave the stunned CEO Yunho pulled him out closing the door and tapped on it so the driver would go.

Jaejoong huffed as he glared at him but Yunho didn’t flinch. Instead he took a step closer to Jaejoong looking directly in the fierce eyes “I had no idea you were waiting.”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes at the lame excuse Yunho tried to use to explain himself “I told you I will if you signed.”

Jaejoong was right but Yunho’s doubts made him view Jaejoong as a liar. He looked him again trying to find another excuse “You never called either!”

“Because I knew you need time to think.”

“Think about what? I already told you how I felt about you, what more to think about?”

Jaejoong arched his eyebrows remembering his last day in Yunho’s company “You seemed so angry the last time I faced you and I-” He shook his head when he remembered the disappointed look in the CEO’s face “I didn’t want to call and hear a no.”

Yunho sighs feeling defeated, he was the one who should’ve called “I thought you were just-” He looked down not daring to face Jaejoong with his accusations “I thought you were using me when you didn’t call after I approved your resignation letter.”

The younger huffed in annoyance “Using you? Are you still holding on that idea?”

“What was I supposed to think when weeks passed and you never called?”

“The ball was on your court, you we-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter