4/5

Personal Preference
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He said no.” Yunho simply answered his friends’ unasked question.

The three men looked at him with confused look while the CEO went back to tab on his phone.

“What do you mean?” The youngest asked still not believing Yunho’s answer

The CEO sighs not cutting his gaze from his phone screen “I asked him out and he said no.”

“I thought he was gay?” Yoochun questioned while Changmin poked him shaking his head

“Just because he’s gay doesn’t mean he will fall in love with anyone who asks him out.” He shifted his gaze to look at Yunho “When did he answer you? You just asked him yesterday.”

“He called me Changmin.” Yunho shrugged his shoulders looking at his friend “He explained to me and I understand his point.”

“What do you mean explained?”

“Because he’s afraid of what would people say about him if he started going out with me all of a sudden. All because of what Yesung said.” He exhaled shaking his head “I swear I thought his answer would be yes. I was so sure when he walked out.”

His friends let out a sigh thinking that he will drop this topic but Yunho didn’t. He slammed his phone in the sofa next to him then looked at Changmin with a frustrated tone “I’m not upset because of him. I’m upset because-” He exhaled deeply looking around him “Why do I feel like this, huh? I don’t know him that long. I don’t even know him that well!”

Changmin shook his head understanding Yunho’s feelings, it doesn’t matter if you know the person or not, it has nothing to do with timing at all. And it pains him to see his friend in pain because of love. Yes, he has never experienced this feeling before but it looks painful.

 

 

Changmin glared the girl who took his place when he was just absent minded for a mere second. He sigh feeling slightly annoyed when she placed her groceries in the counter not caring to even ask for permission.

“Please wrap everything fast Ajumma.” The girl nodded smiling to the old lady behind the counter who took the items and placed them on a small plastic bag.

“Its 75$”

It took the girl less than a minute to realize that she didn’t bring her wallet while Changmin was standing behind her losing his patient.

She smiled sheepishly “Ajumma I’ll come back later to give you the money please I need this food now.”

The old lady glared at her taking back the plastic bag “If you don’t have the money, you won’t take this with you.”

“Yah Ajumma what’s with you? You know where I live I said I’ll come back later.”

Just when she was trying to reach for the plastic bag Changmin could see her face clearly and he recognized her immediately as the girl who came with Jaejoong to Yunho’s party.

He let out a smirk, she didn’t seem any different by the look but the attitude was completely different.

The lady showed her disgusted look to her “You and your friends are not trust worthy. You pay first then take what you want.”

Boram sighed knowing what the old lady was referring to, and she couldn’t hide how offended she was.

Changmin took his card out and gave it to the lady “Please take my card.”

Boram glared at him then the old lady “I don’t need this anymore. I’m going to the other shop.” She shook her head giving a wide smirk before pulling the door “You act all mighty while your grandson is walking around giving the other kids cigarettes after stealing them from you.”

The lady opened widely at the sudden insult “Yah! How dare you!”

But Boram was already out while the lady behind the counter priced Changmin’s groceries and gave him his stuff with Boram’s bag at his request. He nodded to her before leaving “Thank you.”

The moment he went out he looked left and right for Boram and his attention was caught by the small figure that was walking not far from him. He walked a few fast steps to reach her and could clearly hear her cursing “You, stop!” He waved the plastic bag in front of her when she turned to face him “You should take this.”

She shrugged her shoulders before continuing her walking “I don’t accept charities.”

But Changmin stopped her by holding her hand and shoved the plastic bag then looked at her after making sure she held it “Good. I’m walking you home to make sure that you pay me.”

She sighs feeling really annoyed and she even glared at him. But the second her eyes met his smirking features her jaw dropped open and she immediately covered “Y-you! I saw you before.”

Changmin nodded walking ahead of her “It took you long to realize, Boram-ssi.” He looked at her eyes intentionally when he pronounced her name to assure her that he remembers her “Is this a habit for you to forget your wallet every time you’re out?”

“Huh?”

“In the restaurant that night and now.” He mumbled to himself then glared at her “That poor old lady you didn’t let her off your tongue.”

Boram pulled a face looking in her way “She’s not poor that sly Ajumma.”

“Woah you have no sense of respect to the older.”

“I have no sense respect to the ones who doesn’t respect me.” She retorted

“You forgot your wallet-

“She wasn’t talking about that.” She gave him a death glare that shut him up immediately “She was talking about how I was living in a house with other men. Stupid people! Can’t even respect other people’s life.”

Changmin’s lips formed a pout thinking for a second “Well, I’m sure Jaejoong-ssi is not that-

“I live with five men and Jaejoong is the only gay guy between them.” She cut him again and smiled arching her eyebrows when she got a surprised look from Changmin “Ah, I see the look in your face is the same as the others.”

“Well, I believe in friendship between men and women so you have no worries.” He nodded expressing his thoughts honestly then looked at her shrugging his shoulders “Plus, my opinion shouldn’t make a difference to your lifestyle.”

“Wow, handsome, smart and you’re not stereotyped. How great can you be more?”

He narrowed his eyes giving his usual smirk “Don’t think that flattering me would make me let you keep the money.”

She chuckled childishly when they stopped in front of her house “Please wait here I’ll bring the money in a minute.”

As soon as she went inside, Changmin placed the plastic bag on the door’s footstep then walked away smiling feeling somehow happy without waiting to take his money.

A minute later the short girl came back but was disappointed when she saw the plastic bag on the ground and the smile was replaced with a frown when she realized Changmin’s disappearance.

Soon she let out a childish laugh and took the bag and went inside

“Jaejoongie! I brought you this, for free!”

The later rolled his eyes and throw his head back on the sofa feeling horrible. That was the only word he thought of to describe his feelings after yesterday’s phone call. And shame for bringing sadness to that face that only deserves to be happy.

He saw Yunho’s features when it changed earlier in the morning but he couldn’t help but to bow and pretend he didn’t notice.

He had decided in his head not to meet the CEO unless there was an important reason. At least for now till the awkward feelings between them disappears.

 

…..

 

Jaejoong’s plan was simple, to avoid Yunho as long as he could. But in reality it was harder than he thought. The last few weeks of the project forced him to meet with Yunho every week and deepen their feelings even more. Although in some moments he believed that Yunho was way over him but whenever he caught the CEO looking at him when he’s not paying attention he feels a bit satisfied that he was still taking a -even if it was small- part of the man’s thoughts.

He hated how he seemed selfish in the man’s eyes as a gold-digger, but isn’t this everyone’s goal in life? To get the success they’re beseeching and stop needing anyone else?

 

He rolled his eyes to himself when he was again trapped in the cubical elevator with Yesung, Siwon and Yunho.

He gulped when Siwon nodded to him feeling uneasy. He had talked to the Choi’s CEO days ago about something but he kept praying in his heart that Siwon won’t bring that up.

“It is almost lunch time, how about I treat you lunch gentlemen?” Siwon turned to look at Jaejoong and Yesung then Yunho who was standing not far away from them.

Jaejoong and Yunho were about to decline but Yesung smirked and nodded to Choi’s CEO “Why not.”

Siwon nodded smiling “I know a gre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter