1/5

Personal Preference
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He opened his eyes blinking several times till he spotted another face in front of him only inches away. He growled realizing that he was sleeping on the other male's shoulder. He tapped on his right cheek softly not showing his annoyance.

 

"Yah GeunSuk! What are you doing in my bed?"

"Just go back to sleep." the said man ignored the question tightening his hold around Jaejoong's shoulder.

"You got dumped again didn't you?" Jaejoong grind at the thought remembering how shallow his friend's girlfriend was. He patted his friend's hair pouting his lips trying to seem concerned.

"I'm sorry for that. You'll find a better one soon."

"You're lying. You're not sorry I bet you are celebrating in your mind right now."

Jaejoong chuckled lightly "she was the worst one you brought to introduce to us. I really don't understand what you saw in her."

"That doesn't matter now. I have you to cook for me, SeungHyun to spend his money on me, HyunJoong to clean the house, Junhyung and Heechul to make great parties and Boram to make me laugh. What do I need a girlfriend for?" GeunSuk mumbled near his ear with his eyes still closed.

"Probably to hug you when you're asleep and to share good memories with." Jaejoong sighed patting his friend’s back.

"I have your body to hug my dear friend." He snuggled his head in Jaejoong’s nick.

"Ugh it's getting worse every time you get dumped. Yah Move away from me." He pushed his friend just enough to release himself from his hold.

"Don't deny what's obvious. You and I Jaejoong-ah will be single and we will have each other. Forever."

"God forbid." Jaejoong mumbled shaking his head. He took his towel and headed to the bathroom outside his room.

 

After twenty minutes he went to the kitchen smiling just before he got inside hearing giggles and the noises he got used to and with time he loved it.

“Oh look at the new manager.” The tallest one among them smiled sincerely clapping his hands for him and followed by the others.

Jaejoong’s lips drew a smirk and bowed saluting his friends then walked to set between the tallest and the only girl who gave him a plate with a sandwich in.

“Is GeunSuk still a sleep?” Boram asked after giving Jaejoong a glass of orange juice that she know he loves.

Jaejoong shook his head as a no taking the glass from her.

"Your friend need a real girl to love. Not the ones he meets in the parties."

"It's his life he's wasting and it's your bed he's using whenever he's alone. I don't see how it affects us."

Heechul mumbled after taking a sip from his coffee cup earning glares from Jaejoong, Boram and SeungHyun and a nod from Junhyung.

After a minute of silence the group turned to look at the two men who entered the kitchen smiling

"Our Jaejoongie's first day." GeunSuk ruffled Jaejoong’s hair playfully as he and HyunJoong sat next to Heechul.

"Hyung eat a lot so you would work hard." Junhyung gave Jaejoong a piece of the sausage he was eating.

"Jaejoongie is a hard worker. I hope you'll get what you want." Seunghyun patted his back gently while Jaejoong smiled at the complement.

“I hope this nice treatment would last longer.” He pointed his chopstick at his friends one by one except for Seunghyun and HyunJoong earning a chuckle from the two.

“Everything will change after the first payment Jaejoongie. Prepare yourself.” HyunJoong smirked at his friends.

"I'll get you there and I'll send someone to get your car back." Seunghyun wiped his lips and took his phone from his pocket.

Jaejoong glared at Heechul and Junhyung as soon as he remembered his car.

"W-What! I told you not to park your car where our room is." Junhyung arched his eyebrows trying to defend himself.

"Yeah, because it's normal for a friend to throw a brick on his friend." Jaejoong sarcastically answered.

"That's why you weren’t supposed to dodge it." Heechul muttered to Junhyung.

"Yeah I was supposed to let it hit me and send me to a lifetime coma." He shook his head as he wiped his lips too.

"You didn't even offer to fix it." Jaejoong pointed at the two pouting his lips.

"Why would we do that when Seunghyun is the richest one among us?" Heechul scuffed childishly pointing at Jaejoong back with his chopstick.

"Come on you'll be late." Seunghyun tapped his shoulder smirking at Heechul’s comment.

"Oh wait I'm coming with you. I can’t drive, my head still hurts.” GeunSuk stood with Seunghyun who nodded to him as a yes.

 

And so they went out to Seunghyun’s car followed by the others a few minutes later. They were a group of an unordinary friends. Although they fight most of the time they couldn’t move out of the house that they rented from Boram’s father in their collage days and years later they bought it with their own money after her father offered it out for sale.

Each one of them had a different personality and different job from the other but somehow they managed to get along with each other.

And no matter what they did none of them wanted to move out with their girlfriends or in Jaejoong and Boram’s case ‘boyfriend’.

So they agreed that whenever they find the ‘right one’ they will move out but after eight years and after Junhyung joined them two years ago they started to forget about the agreement and focused more on their jobs and their friendship instead of finding their other half. Well, except for GeunSuk at least who’s still looking for someone and Junhyung who still have two years to graduate.

 

"Jaejoong-ah have a nice day." Seunghyun waved his hand to Jaejoong who held the door for GeunSuk to sit in his place.

"Make a lot of money for us." GeunSuk patted his back and sat next to Seunghyun waving a goodbye to Jaejoong.

"Sure GeunSuk-ah." Jaejoong chuckled closing the door and heading to the entrance of the company.

"Hyung are you sure you're okay? I mean I can ask for a day off for you." Seunghyun narrowed his eyes looking at GeunSuk.

"I'm perfectly fine and happy. Let's go now. We don't want our boss to be late do we now?"

GeunSuk flashed him a dimpled smile causing Seunghyun to shake his head as he drove off.

 

…..

 

"Hold the elevator please."

Jaejoong bowed his head lightly to the tall man in front of him as he pressed the last floor button.

 

"This is the CEO's office floor, do you have an appointment with him?" the other man asked while his friend was busying himself with his phone.

"Uh yes. I'm the new manager for the designing department." After seconds of pausing he added "You work here too?"

"No, not me. My friend here is. I'm just here to pick up few stuffs from his office.” Jaejoong nodded his head as the man continued “I'm Yoochun by the way and this is Yunho. You should know each other since you’ll be working together." With a smirk he finished his sentence.

The man nodded with a smile to Jaejoong who took a deep breath to ease himself then answered.

"I'm Jaejoong."

Yoochun chuckled after seeing Jaejoong’s action "You look pretty nervous. The CEO is really nice guy."

"I'm just not very good in talking with old people. I hope it won't take a long time." He took another breath as he was getting closer to his destination.

Yoochun chuckled at the innocent response he got while his friend smiled nodding his head to Jaejoong keeping his silence.

"We're here. Good luck Jaejoong-ssi." Yoochun smiled as soon as the elevator’s doors opened and walked out next to Yunho.

"Thank you." Jaejoong mumbled.

The two men went inside while Jaejoong went straight to the familiar figure that was waiting for him and walked to him as soon as she saw him.

"Jaejoong-ssi your here." The girl smiled nervously.

"Just in time." He nodded.

"You always do that when it's something important."

"I'm sorry. Let's go inside."

He walked to the secretary’s office followed by the girl. He smiled at the long haired lady who was sitting behind her desk and she smiled back when she spotted them.

"I'm Kim Jaejoong the new manager for the designing department and this is my assistant Park Jiyeon."

His smile never faded as he introduced himself and his assistant.

"Good morning I've been expecting you. Please sit till the CEO's guest comes out." She pointed at the empty chairs in front of her desk.

 

"Nervous?" he whispered to his assistant who was playing with her nails.

"Not as much as you Jaejoong-ssi.” She pointed at his shaking leg.

He could hear the amusement chuckle from her but he kept his mind focused. This is the first time he got this nervous. Well this is his first time working in another place than his friend's company.

He needed to earn his reputation away from the special treatment he got from Seunghyun. Although he worked really hard for him for the past a few years but people around him didn't believe so whenever they saw him hanging with Choi Seunghyun. And when he got the news from Jung enterprise, accepting him after he sent his resume to them along with his assistant he couldn't say no.

They offered him more qualified assistants when he applied for Jiyeon to come with him too but he refused as he wanted a familiar face to work with.

Of course Jaejoong didn't want to reveal the real reason of his assistant to leave her previous job and follow him. Not only he was hearing comments from his co-workers about the special treatment he gets but his assistant was getting her fair share from that too. It was obvious what would happen to her if he left her there alone. And he couldn't just ask his friend to do something because then he would prove that there was a special treatment.

So moving to the new company with someone he knows is the better solution.

 

"The CEO is ready for you Jaejoong-ssi."

 

…..

 

"You're the CEO?" immediately Jaejoong’s brain went to remember what he exactly said hoping he didn’t offend the man.

The man only smiled to him "I hope you're not nervous now Jaejoong-ssi."

"N-no I'm fine." Jaejoong shook his head swallowing his saliva

"I'm Jung Yunho. It's nice to finally have you with us." The man pointed for him to sit along with his assistant on the comfy couch.

"Thank you. And this is my assistant Park Jiyeon."

Slowly he started to loosen up as he felt the amusement in Yunho’s eyes.

"Welcome to our company, you must be a hard worker so your boss would ask for you to be with him."

Jiyeon bowed with a smile drawn up in her lips

"Yes, Jaejoong-ssi is a hard worker too and he gives people energy to do their jobs perfectly."

The CEO looked at Jaejoong again

"Working won't be that hard in y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter