(세) - Three

Business Relationship

Oh, this girl sure is challenging him and he isn't going down without a fight. She's showing her true colors now. Jackson thought as his eyes widened after hearing what Youngji said about him and he just can't believe that she would say something like that to him.

 

"I'm not short! I'm still over 170 centimeters! Is it because of the pants wear? Oh my..... Yah, Youngji-ah!!" Jackson clutched his shirt and pouted slightly and not-so-surprisingly, Youngji laughed at the sight of that.


"Why? Can't you accept the truth that you're really short? I mean look, most of the men I met are over 180 centimeters and look at you!" She pointed at Jackson as she continued laughing hysterically at him, of course silently.

 

"You're so mean..." Jackson said in a hushed tone as he lowered down his head and looked at the oppossite direction. His pride is really hurt right now whether he wants to admit it or not and he can't just believe in the fact that he's being called short. Well, Youngji noticed that as well as she continued making fun of him but he wasn't responding.

 

"Wang Jackson, are you mad at me?" Youngji scooted closer to him and held on to his arm. She was completely sorry for everything that she has said to Jackson because even though Youngji's a cold-hearted girl, she's not the type of person to ignore a person's feelings especially when they're hurt. She waited for a few minutes but she didn't get any response.

 

"You know, it's not that I'm mad, I'm just acknowledging the truth." Jackson softly said as he continued, "I'm short, I know. I can't speak Korean and I'm ugly." He sighed heavily as he took off his snapback and ruffled his already messy hair before putting it back on.


"No, you're Korean is better than me!" Youngji replied while nodding her head furiously, trying to think of ways to make Jackson feel better about himself because she clearly stepped on his pride.


"I'll put in three more heel inserts." He said, now facing Youngji as his arms are crossed on his chest and by this time, Youngji was already desperate to make him feel better and would do anything. She tried thinking of plans to gain back the old Jackson but she herself wouldn't imagine that she would be saying this next few words.


"C'mon, I'll be nice to you from now on, I swear! And I'll stop calling you short, too!" Even Youngji pouted as she gently shook his arm that she's been clinging on to and Jackson was taken aback by everything that she said. Woah, I didn't know she had a soft spot. Jackson thought and even he was surprised by Youngji's words because never in his lifetime did he expect to hear that from someone that hates him the most.

 

"What if you're lying to me?" His tone sounded unsure because who knows? Maybe Youngji is playing with him again like last time but all he got as a response was a head shake and a pout that never left her face ever since Jackson got mad at her and somehow, he feels guilty about that and he knew that he has to make Youngji again even though that pouting face of hers looks so damn cute to him.

 

"Okay fine, friends?" Jackson smiled gently and extended his hand out to her and fortunately, she shook his hand and he soon pulled Youngji to a very tight hug and they stayed like that for a few more seconds until Jackson was reminded that they're not that close to each other yet where skinships just comes almost instantly and they both pulled out to catch their breaths and Jackson was really happy that everything is now going fine between him and Youngji because its what he's always been wanting for so long.

 

"Finally, nice meeting you, Wang Jackson!" Youngji extended her hand out this time and Jackson gladly shook it and that means that a new friendship was born between the both of them and Youngji as very satisfied with that because at least now, she won't have to suffer those silent, awkward car rides with him now.

 

"Nice meeting you too finally, Heo Youngji!" Jackson grinned widely to the point that he looked like a creep but unfortunately, Youngji didn't look at it that way as she found his smile cute and she was finally starting to like him after a bad impression of him when they met for the first time, inside Youngji's house.


But just then, their conversation was interrupted by the driver and informed them that they've arrived at the jewelry shop already, where they're ring sizes are going to be measured and they're going to be able to pick what rings do they like to have in their wedding and the thought of it just disgust them as they think of each other now as friends not a married couple.


But they have to it up and pretend that they're all lovey-dovey with each other when they're actually not. Before entering the shop, Youngji pulled Jackson behind a bush and looked around to make sure that no one saw them or will be able to hear what she's going to say to Jackson in a moment.


"Jackson, come here for a second." Youngji grabbed him by his arm and spoke in a really hushed tone to make sure that no one could really hear them.


"Why are we doing this?" Jackson was confused with what's going on and Youngji had to cover his mouth because he was getting loud


"Shh, just let me explain okay?" Youngji stared at him with a pleading tone and the young male quickly understood what she meant by that and kept quiet


"Okay, we both know that we don't like this marriage, right?" Youngji asked, assuming that Jackson also hates this marriage as much as she does.and all she got as a response was a nod from Jackson.


"Okay now that we cleared that up, why don't we make what I call a 'business deal'?"


"What do you mean by that?"


"Well, what I'm thinking is, let's just make it a business between us meaning that we'll both acknowledge this marriage not because we're deeply in love with each other but we're going to acknowledge this marriage because it was a 'business deal' from our own parents and let's just keep it as friendship!"


"Woah, pretty deep stuff there, Mrs. Wang. Have you been thinking of this for a long time?"


"Well actually yes before I even met you and yah! Don't call me Mrs. Wang! I'll never be yours. Never." Youngji shuddered at the thought


"You can't be so sure with that babe, I mean, who knows? Maybe in a few months, you'll be falling head over heels for me."


"Falling head over heels? For you? Yah, Jackson do you need to go to the doctor or what? Because it looks like you're sick."


"SIckly in love with you, honey."


"And can you please stop calling me names like I'm yours? Don't even try to take advantage of the fact that we're getting married to each other soon."


"Oh, you don't know what I'm capable of."


"Say one more thing and I'll throw my heels on your face."


"That is, if you can do that." Jackson sticks his tongue out before running out of the bush


"The last to get inside is a loser!" He said as he ran inside the jewelry shop


"Yah! Wang Jackson! You're being unfair!" She screamed as she also entered the jewelry shop.


As they entered the jewelry shop, they can tell that everyone there is looking at them as they made quite a ruckus entering inside but they quickly calmed themselves down and acted that they're really a couple by doing lovey-dovey stuff to each other and fortunately, they got everyone believing that it was real and the one enjoying this the most is Jackson, who's been receiving death glares from Youngji.


When they got to the part where they're going to pick the ring, they asked that if they could customize the ring and have some words embroidered on it and they chose "JackJi <3" which they thought could be their friendship ring as well since after all, they're just friends and everyone thought that it was cute that they customized even their wedding rings but they just think that it's a symbol of their friendship.


After getting everything settled at the jewelry shop, the rest of he day was a free time for them and they could spend it however they want according to what Youngji's parents and they asked her to tour Jackson around the beautiful city of Seoul since he is still new here in Korea and she was more than glad and excited to tour him around the city.


--


"Huh? Where are we going now?"

"You're still new here in Seoul, right? Well let me show you how beautiful this place is?"

"Wow! I'm so excited!"

"Well you should be!"

Okay, so the place they went to is to an amusement park in Incheon, Youngji's favorite place and she seems more excited to go there than Jackson. When they arrived at the place, it seems like that Youngji can't decide where should they ride first because really, she likes almost every ride in this amusement park but then, something evil popped into her mind: she's going to try and see whether Jackson is scared of heights by riding a rollercoaster.

"Yah, have you picked a ride yet?" Jackson asked impatiently as he has been following Youngji for 15 minutes already.

"Yes! And I decided that we're gonna to that roller coaster!" Youngji pointed her fingers to the roller coaster and she secretly looked at the corner of her eyes and guess what? She's right? The Hong Kong boy took a huge gulp as he saw the height of this roller coaster and Youngji is celebrating inside her mind right now. She wanted to do a "little revenge" to Jackson who has been teasing him nonstop all day long.

"T-That roller coaster? Can we just pick another ride?" Jackson stuttered as he took a look at the huge height of this roller coaster in front of him

"What? Don't tell me you're scared of heights!" Youngji asked, in disbelief.

"H-Huh? Of course, not! I'm Wang Jackson! The wild and y Wang Jackson! I'm not scared of anything!" Jackson quickly shook his head.

"Defensive much? I was just asking you know." Youngji chuckled silently.

"Well I thought you're doubting me." Jackson nodded his head.

"Let's go, then!" Youngji pulled his hand and started skipping towards the ticketing booth to buy the tickets for the ride and as every minute passed, Jackson is getting more nervous and this is Youngji's happiness.

After buying the tickets, Jackson and Youngji quickly sat down on the roller coaster and the Hong Kong boy is just praying that when this ride ends, he'll still be alive and before he knew it, the ride started and he unconsciously held Youngji's hand and interlocked it with his and as he did, she can feel his hands getting colder which meant that he was really nervous and of course, this was good news for the red-haired girl.

Then, the ride started to get faster and they were approaching a big drop already and when they approached the big drop, Jackson screamed really loudly which caused Youngji to laugh with sound, which is rare sinche she doesn't do that anymore unless she finds something really funny such as the 'wild and y' Wang Jackson screaming his head off on a roller coaster ride

Another big drop after another, for Jackson, it seemed like the ride wasn't going to end anytime soon. And Youngji is having the time of her life while Jackson is suffering humiliation and embarassment because of his unbeatable pride. It was a huge mistake to agree to ride this roller coaster in the first place but there he is, screaming louder than any of the other passengers like he saw a real ghost.

But luckily though, the ride ended before Jackson could empty his stomach then and right there which would've caused him more humiliation and embarassment than he had already suffered andas soon as he got off the ride, he quickly ran to the nearest bathroom even though he's still dizzy and covered his face to make sure that no one recognized him since after all, he's quite popular in Asia.

After vomiting everything he ate, Jackson came back to the roller coaster to see if Youngji waited for him but much to his disappointment, she didn't and she was ready to go for another ride again and it's not just one of those normal rides, it's the Tower Drop, where you'' be raised 200 meters in the air slowly before dropping quickly back to the ground. For Jackson, this was worse than the roller coaster and he was ready to reject Youngji's offer of going to the ride.

"One more ride, Jackson!" Youngji pleaded as he looked at Jackson with begging eyes

"No! I'll throw up again!" Jackson shook his head furiously

"You'll throw up again or are you just really scared of heights? Come on, I won't make fun of you!" Youngji raised her eyebrows

"Nope! I just don't really want to vomit again because it's bad enough to get your stomach get rinsed out twice." Jackson nodded his head

"Alright, so we won't ride this one then." Youngji nodded her head as well

"Oh no! Don't worry about me! If you really want to ride that then go ahead! I'll just wait for you here!" Jackson smiled at her reassuringly

"Are you sure about that? i don't want to keep you waiting, you know?" Youngju pouted slightly and it seemed like she felt the sudden change of Jackson's attitude from being so full of himself to being such a gentleman.

"It's okay, I'm willing to wait." Jackson kept that gentle smile on his face and it was enough to reassure Youngji that Jackson's going to be fineeven though she still had some doubts.

"Okay but if you really can't then you don't need to, alright?" Youngji looked at him again and Jackson just nodded his head in response.

As soon as Youngji was out of sight, he immediately took out his phone and dialed his father's number.

"Dad! I've got a big problem!"

"Huh? What is it?"

"She friend-zoned me!"

"I don't get what that means, son"

"It means that she only sees me as a friend!"

"How'd you found out about that?"

"Well earlier, she told me that we're going to acknowledge this marriage just because it's a business deal from our parents, not because we're deeply in love with each other."

"That's friendzone level 99!"

"Oh my God, dad, how do you even know what that means?"

"I'm more updated than what you think."

"Wow, I can't believe it. but anyways back to the topic, sorry dad, she just closed out all the windows for the opportunities of us going to a romantic relationship."

"Well did you do what I tell you to do?"

"Not all of it, though. I mean I let my pride get the better of me but I still tried to be a gentleman."

"No wonder. You really are my son. That was also my problem when I was in your age. Me and your mom would always argue about little things because I just can't accept that I'm wrong."

"Really, dad? Wow, I guess men haven't changed a lot."

"And that's why you need to break the trend. son. Always accept your mistakes no matter how hard it is. Don't be so full of yourself and don'tlet your proud get the better of you."

Jackson sighed. "Okay dad, I'll try the best that I can." Then, he ended the phone call and ruffled his hair.

I guess trying to get a girl's heart might not be as easy as dad described it. Jackson thought.

---------------------------------

Author's Note:

March 06, 2015

Hi guys! First of all, I just wanna say how thankful I am to reach 100 subscribers even though I only have three chapters and I also want to say thank you for the support you're giving me by commenting, subscribing and upvoting this fic! And I would appreciate if you keep doing all of those because it would really inspire me as a writer to know how you guys feel about my work and yeah that's all!  And also, I encourage all those JackJi shippers like me to continue to support them because the ship is as close as it can get from sailing and we all want it to sail, right? So, ship on, JackJi shippers! Have a great weekend!