(하나) - One

Business Relationship

Today is the day that Jackson is supposed to leave for Korea to meet with the Heo's to prepare his marriage with their daughter, Youngji. But, something is inside him is telling him not to go. Maybe because he will miss the fresh air Hong Kong has despite its booming economy. Maybe he will miss his parents because he'll surely be gone away from them for a long time. Maybe he's not prepared for this marriage just yet. But it's all too late to back up now since he has made an agreement with his father that if he backs out of this marriage, that means losing all the financial support his father's giving him. And that's bad. Bad because even if he doesn't want to admit it, he's completely depending on his father with everything and as Jackson looks at it now, he's surely regretting all the decisions he has made in the past


But what can he do now? He knows that crying over it and arguing with his father about it won't help the situation at all even though he surely was getting all emotional over it the first time his father proposed the idea about it. At first, he didn't really think that his father was serious about this and he's just pressuring him to have a girlfriend already since he's 21. But it was all wrong. Little did he know that at that time, the plan was already made beforehand and Jackson was forced to agree to it no matter what it costs and it's also that time when Jackson realizes how manipulative his father can be and how he'll do everything just to get things his way. Even if it means risking his only child's happiness.


This isn't the only time it happened either. When Jackson started his fencing career, he thought that's what he's going to do for the rest of his life because hey, you can't just ignore all the accomplishments he had. Considered the best in Asia in 2011 and received gold medals along the way, Jackson had a decorated career as a fencer and his father is proud at him and he likes it. But as Jackson got older, his father's well-being is starting to become a question, With frequent trips to the hospital, the president's health is at great risk anc this was so concerning that some of his comapny's stockholders started dropping out in fear of losing their investments, and to prevent that from happening again, Jackson was immediately assigned as the company's vice president and his father decided to take him under his wing


Thanks to his father's guidance, he learned everything he should know about running a company at such a young age and of course, a lot of people started to doubt his skills if he's really going to be the next president. But, Jackson proved them wrong when he became the acting president for two months when his father was confined in the hospital because of problems with his lungs. Thanks to his leadership skills, he made sure that the oompany will still be able to maintain its spot at the stock market and from that day on, they were sure that he's going to be a good president.


After arriving at the airport, Jackson immediately wore his disguise to make sure that no one recognized him as the news of the two children of the richest and most powerful companies in Asia are going to be married to each other and his father predicted that this news will be so big, it will affect the stock market, though Jackson thinks that his father is probably exaggerating.


And the first thing he does after putting on his disguise is to go find a restaurant since he can already feel his stomach rumbling since he didn't eat anything before he left because of too much anxiety and nervousness. But, as he kept strolling on the airport's food court, he can tell that some people are giving him that weird look because of how's he's dressed and he starts to feel nervous because he's famous in Hong Kong and even the snapback he's wearing can give away his identity. And the thing he's doing inside his mind is praying that they won't recognize him.


Until...


"Hey, I know you! You're that fencer right?" A young lady suddenly approached him along with her friends and he can feel the cold sweat trickling down his neck. Does the lady really know him? Luckily, he knows Korean so he pretended to be a foreign who has a disease which explains the face mask he's wearing.


"H-Huh?" Then, he started doing sign language showing that he doesn't know how to speak Chinese and then followed by coughs which he hope indicated why he was wearing the face mask and fortunately, it did work as the ladies started to walk away from him after they bowed.


After the ladies left, he heaved a sigh of relief and he felt a thousand thorns being taken out of his heart because that would've been the end of him and his family if he was discovered. His father would surely kick him outside of their house and his financial support will be gone. And, the company's clean reputation would surely be tarnished by this secret deal with the Heo Global Enterprise and this mess will be so big that he would just have to kill himself for everything...... okay, I think I'm overacting on that one but you know what I mean right?


Then, he continued looking for a place to eat and when he finally found one, he ate like a bear who hasn't eaten for days and he didn't even care what other people say to him as long as his stomach is full and he can arrive to Korea safely without any delays or hassle. Realizing that he still has another left until his flight, he decided to look around the airport for awhile as they had some popular boutiques inside and the first thing he goes to? Armani Exchange. And why? To buy his future father in-law a gift and also becuase he doesn't want to go there empty handed so better to buy some gifts now, right? And he finally decided to buy him a leather wallet that costed about a few hundred dollars and for his mother in law, he went to Louis Vuitton to buy her a $5000 bag just because his father told him to impress his future in laws and be kind to them.


And, last but not the least is of course, the girl he's going to spend the rest of his life with, Youngji and he bought her a 24-karat gold necklace that just costed around $10000 but he knows that it will take more than expensive jewelry to get her heart because just like him, he probably thinks that this girl completely disapproves of this marriage and will ignore him in every single way but he has no choice. If this means that risking his happiness just to stay alive, then he surely will even if its against his heart.


He finished shopping just in time to catch his flight to Korea and he can't help but get teared up as he boards the plane; this will be the last time he's going to see Hong Kong for a really long time again and he's surely going to miss this place. And, this will be the last moments of his life where he'll stay as single because in a few months, he knows that he's going to be married from a stranger far away.

As he finally found his seat and sat down in it, he immediately texted his parents telling them that he's on the plane already and wished them good health and safety as he won't be there to take care of them, especially his ailing father. Plugging the earphones in his ears, Jackson listened to music as he slowly shuttered his eyes closed and slept for the rest of the filght and that's three hours. Poor Jackson was too tired from everything; his family, his life, everything and he wishes that something happens so that the whole marriage will be cancelled but of course, he doesn't want anything harrmful to happen.

A few hours later......

Jackson woke up just in time to see Korea's beauty from up above in the air. He could see the beautiful islands and landscape it has but of course, being the prideful man he was, he still insisted that Hong Kong looks better even though he's totally falling in love for Korea already. Then, the stewardess announced that they're going to land pretty soon so he was even more excited and almost stumbled his way out of the plane once it landed.

Entering Incheon Internatinal Airport with the gifts and some bags in his hand, he immediately reached for his pocket for a crumpled up paper with someone's number in it. Luckily, his phone can call internationally and when someone finally picked up, a deep voice came out from the other end; a man talking obviously.

"Hello sir, good morning! May I speak to Mr. Heo Jin Ae?"

"You're speaking to Mr. Heo already, how may I help you?"

"Oh, hello! My name is Wang Jackson, the son of Wang Lu Yi and I called because I want to inform you sir that I have arrived in Korea already."

"A-Already? But your father said that you're going to arrive tomorrow?"

"Yeah, but my father is so excited, he decided to make my flight a day earlier."

Then, he heard a loud chuckle from the other end and Jackson was a bit confused with that.

"Well then I guess I'm not the only one excited!"

"I'm excited too, Mr. Heo so don't worry." Jackson forced a laugh at the other end as he kept walking inside the airport, obviously not knowing what to do.

"Anyways, do you have a place to stay? Our house is free if you need to."

"No sir, I'm okay I already booked a hotel here in Korea so no thanks."

"Oh okay but are you okay with waiting for a little while?"

"Hmm?"

"Because my daughter Youngji is still on a business trip in Taiwan and she'll be back tomorrow because I told her that you're going to come tommorow."

"Yes sir, I can wait for as long as it takes." You can tell her to take her time. He thought.

"And don't call me sir, we're going to be family now! Just call me dad, okay?"

"Okay, dad bye! See you!"

"See you too as well, son! Take care!"

He immediately ended the phone call and shaked his head in disgust if only he can, he'll immediately fly back to Hong Kong and live far way from his parents so that they won't be able to track him down because heck, he hates this marriage so much knowing for a fact that this is all happening because of a business deal between his dad and Mr. Heo which is said to be a deal that will strengthen the economy of Asia. The fact that he's being used in their deal is very wrong for Jackson but then again, what can he do about it?

As soon as he exited out of the airport - now with all of his luggages on his hand -, the radiating glow of the golden rays of the sun immediately hit his pale white skin which provoked him to wear his sunglasses as he starts to look for a cab. And after a few minutes, he fianlly found one and luckily, the cab driver helped him with his luggages and as soon as he entered the cab, the driver immediately asked him his destination. And this where his ability to speak Korean comes in as he gave the driver the address and thanks to the GPS, they were able to pinpoint his exact destination.

The hotel wasn't really far from the airport, a fifteen minute drive and it wasn't just any kind of hotel, it was a five star hotel, one that only people who has a lot of money can afford to stay in and it's also one of the most luxurious hotels in Korea and that's the reason why Jackson picked it. After the cab stopped in front of the lobby, bell boys with the luggage carts immediately went to help Jackson with his belongings as he was getting ready to check in.

After checking in with his luggage, Jackson immediately went up to his room and plopped himself down in his bed without changing any of clothes, showing how tired he really is and just like that, he fell asleep... again but what he doesn't know is a certain red-haired girl is having the same feeling as him as well.

---

Heo Youngji, the future heiress to his father's multi-billion dollar company had to handle a lot of pressure at such a young age. Being thepresident of the company whiler father is CEO was not easy but it surely did help her as she learned how to be more mature and be a stronger woman than she is a few years back. She became respected and is looked up to by employees all over the company because of his leadership skills and the passion for her job. Even though she's still going to school, she was able to divide the time with her job which is surprising because finding a young CEO in this world who still goes to school is pretty much rare because of the obstacles you have to overcome.

Luckily for Youngji though, she didn't have to face any of those which is why some people say that she didn't deserve to be holding that spot right now until she proved himself to them and put them to shame. That is also another eason why a lot of guys admire her and if they want to take her out on a date, they must pass through Mr. Heo's qualities of what a man should be: educated, smart, handsome, nice, caring, respectful, and trustworthy and probably the most important of all, the fact that they didn't want to go out with her just because she's rich but because they love her so much. All of those fit Jackson's characterisitcs and personality.... except for the last one.

Honestly though, Youngji has seen Jackson once and that was probably the first and last time she saw him. It was at a company party back then of some sort and Jackson's family was invited all the way from Hong Kong as a special guest and little Jackson, who was 7 years old at that time decided to mingle with other kids but the language barrier just made it impossible for him and - the 7 years old as well - red-haired girl found that cute because of how hard he triedand she tried to approach him but it was too late and they were leaving already when Youngji has finally found a chance.

Now, let's fast forward back to 14 years later, both of them are 21 now and Youngji knows that for a fact but what she doesn't know is, how does he look now? But before we can ask that question, what we need to know is, isYoungji against this marriage and the answer is yes. Even though she already knew Jackson from the past it's not a good reason why she should marry him and the questions that immediately popped in Youngji's mind was; What about his girlfriend? Does he still remember me? What if he's a bad guy?

You see, she has been heartbroken too many times already so it almost always happen that she ask those questions immediately every time the idea of introducing a guy to her came out. It's not that she has completly lost the trust to men it's just that she has been doubting them ever since and you can't blame her either.

Now remember, this the next day after Jackson arrived in Korea which means that it's Youngji's turn to head back to Korea and for the frist time in her life, she's not excited to come back home. And obviously, it's because of Jackson. When she comes home, she expects Jackson to be stting happily with her parents discussing her future, their future. And as she heads to the airport she feels butterflies in her stomach because she's really nervous to go home. She's not ready yet but she has to be, for the sake of her family, his family, her company, and his company.

Just like Jackson, the first thing she does as soon as she entered the airport is to put her disguise on to make sure that no one recognized her and as she looked at her watch, she found out that she's actually a little bit late so what she did was check in her luggages as quickly as she can then, she headed to the gate where she'll be boarding the plane and she arrived just in time to do just that.

After sitting down on the plane, she decided to grab her book bag and she took out a book to read and with earphones in her ears, Youngji was able to keep herself out of boredom for the rest of the flight and the nervousness and anxiety that was lingering around her floated away in the blue sky.

But when the plane landed on Korea, the butterflies in stomach started to become alive again as her anxiety grew even worse and she didn't know what to do and when she got off the plane with her bags, she immediately grabbed her luggage and went outside the airport. If she can't avoid meeting Jackson, she should just be excited about it, right? I mean, what's bad about marrying someone you already knew? And as she entered the family's car, she tried to convince herself just that for the remainder of the drive to her house.

Before she knew it, she had already arrived at their house and as she went to the front steps of their door, she can hear indistinct laughter inside and one of those deep manly laughs must be coming from the boy she hasn't seen for a really long time, Jackson. She decided to open the door slowly and fortunately, her parents didn't notice her because they were busy talking with their future son in-law.

With slow and careful steps, Youngji found out that the sounds were coming from their kitchen and saw the boy, wearing a snapback again just like he did the first time she saw him sitting with her parents, eating happily. Thisis it. This will be the time that Youngji will be formally introduced to the Hong Kong boy and no matter how hard she tried to muster up the courage to approach them, she just can't. So what she tried to do was, sneakily go up to her room and hide there until Jackson's gone but guess what? She was interrupted by none other than his future husband.

 

"Nice to meet you, Youngji! Why don't you join us here?"

"Wang Jackson, I swear........!"

---------------------------------------

Author's Note

February 26, 2015

Hi guys! Before I get started, I would just like to apologize for the really late update and its not because I'm lacking inspiration (there's too much tbh) its because I have been doing a lot of projects for the past few weeks with homeowrks and stuff and it's just really taking its toll on me but I still try to find time to update this wonderful story and I hope that to those subscribers I already had, I hope I didn't disappoint you and have you guys seen the recent weekly idol episode with big byung and youngji? omfg- did Jackson just confess thathe likes Youngji!! I mean that lie detector doesn't lie Jackson! and have you seen when Hyungdon asked him when did he feel that it was different with Youngji and he said, 'truthfully when we first met" and he just laughed like a hyena that part I mean omg!! so cute!!! Well anyways, I hope you guys will keep on supporting our Jackji and comments will be very much appreciated!!

Have a great day!!