Chapter 7

Namsong Hours

The four of them sat awkwardly on the counter at the kitchen with rainbow coloured mugs in front of them containing hot chocolate. Seunghyun and a few staff gathered by the side and watched on, wondering how it was going to unfold.

 

Despite having so many people being spectators and watching them, Taehyun felt more comfortable than he ever did since arriving to the Summer House. He was thankful his hyungs decided to spy on him though he would be really pissed off on normal circumstances but with the current state, he welcomed their nosiness.

 

“So you are a prince? So I was right in thinking you are not as how you said you are.” Seunghoon commented as he took a tentative sip of his mug.

 

Mino had just finished summarizing their connection to the two members who crashed their little getaway.

 

“So you are that stupid fool that has our Taehyunie feeling depressed these few weeks.”

 

“Hyung, you... I am not… I was not…” Taehyun stuttered looking strangely like a goldfish.

 

“Now, Taehyunie, I knew ever since you entered the agency so I know how you deal with emotions. Now I look dense but that does not mean I am dense.” Jinwoo said suddenly sounding like the oldest member that he was.

 

“So you are telling us that suddenly your feelings just switched off like a switch and that you are not hopelessly in love with our maknae like the picture was?” Seunghoon commented.

 

“How did you…you entered my room? Hyung!” Taehyun looked incredulous.

 

“You know the code if you don’t want us to snoop close your door.” Seunghoon dismissed the remark with a wave of his hand.

 

“So now about this Jinhwan…”

 

Jinwoo suddenly turned to look at Mino. The rest of the people also had their attention to the prince. Awaiting his answer to the question posed.

 

“What about Jinhwan?”

 

“Does he even know you are here with Taehyunie?”

 

“Does he even know about Taehyunie in the first place?”

 

“Does he even know the history between you and our maknae?

 

Taehyun watched with mixed feelings his two older brothers fired their questions at Mino whose expression only got darker and darker by the minute. He never knew how much s actually understood and cared so much about him even though his knew he was not exactly the most expressive when it comes to feelings and his state of  mind.

 

“I don’t see how any of this are both of your business.”

 

“Taehyun’s business is our business. If you hurt him, prince or not, we will hate you.” Seunghoon threatened firmly.

 

“You think I wanted this? You think I chose this? Since my brother died, I suddenly have a set of responsibilities to the citizens that I never knew I had. I mean it was never supposed to be like this! All the plans I made suddenly are just gone.” Mino’s eyes widen and glared angrily

 

Jinwoo merely raised his eyebrow, “Then how was it supposed to be?”

 

Mino stood up furiously and when his gaze hit Taehyun’s, it was as though Mino was struggling with some huge, untamable creature within himself. Mino then grabbed Taehyun’s arm.

 

“He needs to be back in the bathroom, his hair is still wet. Taehyun could catch cold like this. Seunghyun-ssi, make sure that both of s get a room. As for the rest of you, back to…work!”

 

Taehyun ripped his arm away from Mino’s grip. He seemed to be doing that a lot these days, Mino noted. He tried again and was only met with the same reaction by the younger guy. So Mino resorted to pushing him out of the kitchen.

 

“I can walk on my own just fine. I don’t need you to help me.”

 

“You have wet hair and not properly dressed. What if you caught a cold?”

 

“I will get dressed when I see fit to get dressed. You have a boyfriend.”

 

“What does that have to do with anything?”

 

Both their voices faded into the distance.

 

After a few moment of prolonged silence, Seunghyun finally cleared his throat.

 

“As instructed, I will assign each of you a room. If you both would please follow me.”

 

“Are they always like this?” Seunghoon could not help but asked when they got up to follow the guard.

 

The tall guard paused for a moment before he sighed, “They were even worse.”

 

“But then how does Jinhwan fit into all this?” Jinwoo asked.

 

Seunghyun shrugged, “I have absolutely no idea.”

 

He reached to snatch their luggage from one of the staff.

 

“Now come on you two Mr. Security Risk. Let’s go see where you can spend the night.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

The moment Kang Seungyoon learnt that Jinwoo and Seunghoon were on Jeju Island, he was all ready to pack up his things and follow after them. Especially learning that Taehyun was there along with the Song Minho guy who he knew was the 3rd prince. However, he decided to get more information before he made his move to go after them.

 

Taehyun was and had always been incapable of lying and being a leader of the group, it was his job to notice how each member of his team behaved. It only took a little trip to each of their rooms to find out exactly what he needed to know and just like that he knew what he needed to do.

 

If the other three members thought that he only cared about their group promotions, album preparations and working on the tracks then they were so wrong. If they thought they could slip pass him as and when they want to, they were in for a surprise.

 

He fidgeted in his seat on the flight to Jeju for the nth time wondering how he was going to talk s down and nag at them for being so stupid. He wished that the plane would just hurry up and land.

 

 “Are you Kang Seungyoon as in the leader of Winner?” A soft voice seated next to him suddenly cut through his thoughts.

 

“Yes, I am.” He politely offered a bow and smiled at the guy next to him.

 

“Oh my god! So I was right! I am like a huge fan of your group. I cannot believe it! I am Kim Jinhwan by the way.” Seungyoon took the outstretched hand and shook. He thanked Jinhwan for the support he showed for his group.

 

“So you are going to Jeju for a schedule? Where are your other members?”

 

“It is more like an unofficial schedule. We needed a small break. We have been running too hard. The others are there already. I needed to tidy things up before I join them.”

 

“Yes, being a leader, you have more responsibilities.” Jinhwan nodded as he smiled.

 

“Who are your favorite members? Are you visiting the island for vacation yourself?”

 

“Haha I was waiting for that question to come up. I like everyone really. But honestly, I prefer you and Nam Taehyun, I mean you both sing so amazingly well, I am like in awe. Anyway, I am visiting a friend. He is going to be over there for a week. I thought I will go and keep him company since he will be alone out there.” Jinhwan smiled as he explained the purpose of his trip.

 

“But since it will be late when we arrive so I will stay at a hotel for a night before I head over to meet up with him.”

 

“He must be happy to see you when you surprise him.”

 

Yes, I am sure he will.” Jinhwan smiled before they each went back to their own little world.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

That night, Taehyun got into his side of the bed wordlessly and made sure his back was facing the prince. Mino was just staring the back the faced him all the time. He could hear the soft regular breathing in the darkness besides the silence.

 

He wondered how Taehyun looked like when he slept, did he still hug something like a bolster or pillow or did he sleep with his hand tucked under his ear. He thought he could fulfill his dream of having to watch the younger sleep beside him for the rest of his life or to have him wake up next to Taehyun for his entire life. However, Siwon hyung’s passing happened, it changed every single thing.

 

He was still out there, waiting and the thought itself made Mino really uneasy. He knew he was being unfair to Jinhwan and was also being unfair to Taehyun. He knew but…

 

Taehyun sighed softly and turned in his sleep. Mino just stared at the darkened figure, unable to see his face clearly in the dark.

 

“It is just a thunderstorm, Nammie.” Little Mino proclaimed happily at the trembling boy next to him. He had been really excited by the thunder, the lighting and the pouring rain. He was jumping about in his room going all “Ba-daaaamm!”

 

Taehyun was not as excited as Mino was. In fact, he was curled up in a corner on Mino’s bed and hugging his knees as close to his chest as possible. “It is ok if I slept here? I forgot the way to my parent’s room.”

 

He had in his bed. Hugging his arm. Taehyun had been little, thin and lanky boy with his droopy eyebrows and a serious face.

 

Taehyun was still thin now, with his droopy eyebrows and a serious face but it was just they are not kids anymore. The younger guy was a not a little boy anymore. The way Taehyun smelled was making him uncomfortable. When he grabbed and pushed his shoulders this afternoon, he realized that his smaller and thinner frame made Mino felt all big, stiff and klutzy.

 

He could have wrapped his body against Taehyun’s smaller one for the res of his life if not for the crown prince’s death. Carefully, Mino sat up to look at him. Taehyun's body was somewhere on the other side of the huge bed they shared.

 

Mino tried to move over carefully and as gentle as possible. He leaned down to listen to his breathing. They were deep, regular and definitely of someone who was deeply asleep. The younger guy was facing away from him, curled up into a somewhat small ball, he realized, when his fingertips found the side of Taehyun’s head and the delicate shell of his ear.

 

Scooting even closer, the mattress under him shifted to create a Mino-shaped dent and Taehyun slid towards him involuntarily. Due to his weight, Mino created a hollow and the younger being on the edge just glided downwards without much resistance. Mino in his breath when his body hit against his with all-emanating warmth. He realized that Taehyun had not even done anything and Mino was already beyond control.

 

Lying down gently just to see the most horrible, addicting and exhilarating What if… Mino would ever experience felt like, his arm slowly crept around the younger’s stomach while his other arm served as a pillow and found a resting place somewhere over Taehyun’s head.

 

Mino felt his hair tickled his nose gently and his smelled slowly penetrated into his senses, a soft yet warmth vanilla scent. With every breath Taehyun took with his back pressed against his chest, they were as close as they could possibly get with their clothes still on. A thin pearl of sweat rolled down his back as his heart continued to drum furiously and the overwhelming sense of panic took over him.

 

Mino had to leave now or otherwise there would be no turning back for him anymore. He would touch him and…

 

Taehyun turned in his sleep towards Mino, his lips at the crook of his neck, his hands was on his chest and his legs entangled with his and this caused Mino to struggled away.

 

He tried to disentangle himself from the younger guy as gently as he could from Taehyun. All the while trying his utmost best not to wake him up with his raspy and heavy breathing.

 

Taehyun could not wake up or he would see everything. It was probably so clearly written all over his face at that very moment. He had to get away from him. It was now or never or else...

 

With his sheets all around his legs, he almost fell as he escaped to his side of the huge bed. Barefoot, and only clad in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, Mino fled the room, fled the house and fled into the darkness of the night. He was drunk from the warmth, the softness and that vanilla scent of that one guy, one What if… that was shaking both his heart and soul.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hihi back with an update... thing will start yo pick up after this so i hope you all will look forward to it.. it is quite fun for me to write action drama kind of plot... i hope you all will like it.. Let me know your thoughts... =)