Chapter 14

Namsong Hours

Mino left Jinhwan’s apartment a few stones lighter. They parted on a somewhat friendly note. Mino had been surprised when Jinhwan seemed to have an good understanding of the things he did. It made him wondered just exactly how much he knew before hand.

 

As delicately as he could, he explained things to Jinhwan. Though fortunately, there was not much drama but he could not help but feel guilty over the way he led things dragged on but at least it was a good clean break.

 

Now all that is left was Nam Taehyun… to make things right with him…

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

If Jinwoo would earn a penny for every time he found out something that he should not, he would have been a pretty rich man by now. It was definitely not because he was born a sneak, it was purely because people tend to get careless especially when he was around.

 

It was because of such carelessness that he was here in a café a couple of blocks away from his agency, anxiously hoping that none of s were following him or keeping tabs while waiting for a certain someone.

 

“Jinwoo hyung!”

 

Jinwoo looked up to see Mino cheerfully entering the café. Maybe, Jinwoo was a little curious when it came to his maknae’s love life. After all, it was not every day that he gets to see how the current Taehyun was behaving so unlike the Taehyun he thought he knew when they first entered YG Entertainment.

 

“You wanted to see me, hyung?”

 

Mino had been surprised to receive a call from Jinwoo asking him to meet him at a café not too far from YG. He knew immediately it was going to be related to a certain maknae from Winner and if he needed someone to be on his side, Jinwoo would be it. He had seen how much Jinwoo and Taehyun cared for each other. It was the first time Mino ever saw Taehyun had a really soft spot for anyone other than he and his brothers.

 

“Yes, thanks for meeting me. Well, there is something of yours that I think needs to be returned to you. Isn't it?” Jinwoo whispered, pulling his  favourite grey hoodie over his head as if it would help him avoid detection from s if they were lurking around.

 

Jinwoo took Mino’s wrist and placed a small, cool object in his hand. There was no mistake to what it was. Mino knew immediately the item in his hand.

 

Looking down, he saw the ring for Taehyun sitting on the centre of his palm. Mino had lost count of the number of times he would imagine how it would look like on the actual person’s slender finger. He sincerely hoped to be giving the ring to the real owner really soon.

 

“Have you been sneaking into Taehyun’s room again?” Mino could not help but let out a chuckle.

 

“Yah! It was not sneaking. I was tidying everyone’s room. I found this openly sitting on a novel he was reading. He forgot to close it. It was like right there under my nose.” Jinwoo defended himself.

 

“Besides, you have never officially given it to him right?” Jinwoo asked with an unmistakable twinkle in his eyes.

 

“Well, I am working my way towards it.” Mino muttered, still looking at the ring.

 

“Then do I have to tell you that you may want to consider working a little faster? He is already convincing himself that he means nothing to you.”

 

“Yes, you are right. I do need to work a little faster it seems.” Mino nodded.

 

“I don’t think I have to spell out for you what you need to do but know this, hurt our maknae and I will be the first in line to have your head.”

 

“Hyung…”

 

“We have the day after tomorrow for our off. Before, we start our YG family tour. You might want to work even faster? We will be flying in and out of Korea for a while and you may not be seeing him, well us members included, as much.”

 

“Thanks hyung. I know what to do.”

 

“Don’t thank me. I want to see Taehyun happy. I got to go now before the rest notice that I am gone.” Jinwoo said as he patted Mino on the shoulder before he left the café.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

“So you are going to look for Taehyunie tomorrow?” Jiyong asked as he watched his brother patter about in his room.

 

“Yes I am.” Mino answered as he continued to pack the books, various scented candles and some CDs into a bag.

 

“Minho-san, I think the idea here is to just have an honest, heart-to-heart talk with Taehyun, no? I don’t think it means buying your way into forgiveness.” Fuji Mina looked on from where she sat with Jiyong, watching the flurry of activity.

 

“When we suggested bringing a gift, we did not exactly ask you to go buy everything clean from the stores.” Jiyong gestured to the bag on Mino’s desk.

 

“What? Oh this is one of the bags, I have 2 more.” Mino answered and Jiyong could not help but face palmed earning a soft laughter from Mina as well.

 

“Be confident, Mino-san. Be honest with yourself and with him. He will understand you. Though I am sure that will be after he calls you an idiot.” Mina could not help but laugh at their silliness.

 

Mina had a really nice chat with the younger brother she remembered fondly and missed so dearly. Of course, in the greater scheme of things, she probed and found out exactly how he felt towards Minho-san. Like Taehyun, she really felt like cobbling that thick-headed skull of Minho-san over his childish actions. However, she knew Taehyun would never have the heart to do so. He loves Mino too much to hurt him.

 

Young love, she sighed wistfully. So precious yet so frighteningly fragile, she sighed again.

 

“Noona, I know but anything to get him to say yes is a good thing right?” Mino smiled nervously.

 

Both of them sighed. There was just no arguing to Mino’s stubbornness it seemed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Mino stood outside the door that separated between him and his happiness. He really needed to thank Jinwoo for the little signal and tip off to him that Taehyun was home after going back to the office to work on some songs.

 

It was probably the longest five minutes he ever needed to wait after ringing the doorbell because to him, it felt like five hours. His heart sank a little when it was Seungyoon who opened the door, he did not look to happy to see him.

 

“Hello, I am here to see Taehyun.” Mino tried to smile but it was obvious that the leader was not buying it.

 

“Give me one good reason why I should let you in to see him.”

 

“I wanted to talk to him, apologize and explain things to him. Please?”

 

“You have been nothing but a Grade A jerk towards him. He has been distracted and sad because of you.”

 

“I will really behave. I promise. I am not here to upset him or make him depressed.”.

 

Mino could see someone tugging Seungyoon from behind but could not make out who since the person was obscured from his view where he stood. There were some quiet whispering, Seungyoon peered behind the door and then furious whispers ensued.

 

Finally, the door was pulled open by Taehyun who was not exactly too pleased to see him but he was not angry either so it should be an encouraging sign as Mino stood at the door. Seungyoon rolled his eyes exasperatedly as he got shoved to the back by Jinwoo, who smiled at Mino knowingly over Taehyun's shoulder.

 

“What do you want, Minho?” Taehyun asked. His expression was unreadable and blank so Mino could not really gauge his mood.

 

“Can I talk to you? Please, I promise I will be nice.”

 

Taehyun looked at him for a few moments before he finally sighed and stepped aside to let him in. All three members were gathered at the living room. Jinwoo’s encouraging smile welcomed him. Seungyoon was still not buying his act as he continued to eye at him with suspicious eyes and Seunghoon too. Much to his displeasure, he saw Hanbin lounging on the couch as though he has been there more often then he could count.

 

Taehyun looked really at home and all comfy, dressed in a pair of grey sweat pants with a black hoodie. He tied his fringe back in a small ponytail, his face was pale and flawless as usual but he could see the tiredness from his eyes from the crazy schedule and late nights in the agency did take a toll and his heart ached a little.

 

“What do you want to talk about?” Taehyun’s voice cut through his little staring session.

 

“Can we talk in your room?”

 

“Yah! What is wrong with the living room?” Seungyoon quipped, earning a smack from Jinwoo.

 

“Leave them be, Yoon-ah. Just go talk in your room, Taehyunie. I think is more comfortable for both of you.” Jinwoo said while silencing his boyfriend by putting a hand over his mouth, muffling the leader’s protests.

 

“Just make sure to don’t do anything that I wouldn’t do, Taehyun-ah!” Seunghoon called out good naturedly but the look he shot Mino was less than welcoming.

 

At that moment, Mino was so glad to have Jinwoo on his side. Else, he would have been long dead from all the hostile stares. Taehyun sighed again before turning on his heel and led Mino to his room.

 

Taehyun’s room was pretty far into their dorm. It was a big room with his bed pushed all the way next to transparent sliding doors that led to a small balcony the showed the city view. White shelves lined one side of the wall where his bottoms and tops neatly folded and put into various slots while another set of full door cupboards lined the other side to hang his coats and some formal wears. His desk sat next to the head of his bed with his laptop and notebook. Everything was against the wall leaving a nice space in the centre.

 

The Nam Taehyun he knew never changed a bit, the neat freak and minimalistic in nature…

 

Taehyun gestured to him that it was okay to sit on his bed while he sat on his desk chair watching him as Mino removed his scarf, then his outer coat then his inner coat. It was just lots and lots of layers especially with winter making her appearance slightly earlier.

 

Curiosity got the better of him as Taehyun peeked into the bag that Mino brought along with him.

 

“What is all this?” Gesturing to the books, little boxes of scented candles and some CDs that he has been wanting to get for a while but did not have the time.

 

“Erm… they are presents for you.” Mino answered, suddenly nervous and he seemed to be not quite sure what to do with his hands.

 

“All of it?”

 

“Yes, all of it.” Mino nods as he gestured to the bag on the floor.

 

“Japanese books?” Taehyun asked as he peered into the large shopping bag and took out some books on basic conversational Japanese.

 

“Well, I heard you are learning to speak Japanese so I thought I get you some books that will help you since they helped me a lot when I first arrived there.”

 

“Hmm... I would assume they certainly would be helpful.”

 

“Taehyun, I wanted to apologize for how I have been acting until now. I knew I was horrible to you and well, a jerk really. You did not deserve that.”

 

Taehyun just looked at him silently watching, waiting for him to continue whatever he wanted and came over to say .

 

“Two weeks before hyung’s death I started to receive notes and mysterious pictures that I swore I have no idea how the person got it. I was worried and when one of them had you in it. I panicked and I knew you were going to be in danger so…” Mino muttered, unknowingly he took the first book from the bag and began scrunching it together, wanting something to do with his hands.

 

“You decided to step away from me.” Taehyun finished for him quietly.

 

“We decided and thought it was for the best. If you are unrelated then you won’t be a target for him. However, hyung died and I just got really scared. I can’t bear the thought of losing you too.” Mino muttered. His voice was starting to crack with the fear of losing Taehyun and the tears that were threatening to spill over.

 

Taehyun moved quietly to sit beside him, taking the poor book that Mino had been mistreating ever since he started to talk.

 

“I am sorry. I just did not want you to be in danger too.” Mino choked out and his reached out to hug the younger guy.

 

“You are such an idiot, Song Minho.”  Taehyun chided but without malice in his voice. More like how he would whenever Mino did something stupid when they were younger.

 

“It was horrible. He died and we knew it was not an accident but foul play. All of a sudden, I was afraid that you are going to be next so… Jinhwan was there and I just grabbed on to the lie… I am so sorry Nammie.” Mino cried as he nuzzled against Taehyun’s neck and just held on.

 

Taehyun held on silently while Mino cried on his shoulder, patting his back gently. He was glad that Mino cleared the air, why he acted the way he did and most important of all, it was the Mino he knew that was back not the cold man anymore.

 

When the tears subsided, Mino was sure that he already soaked a part of Taehyun’s hoodie and he was also positively sure that he created a little dent imprint of his nose on the material.

 

“After all that has happened, I realized I could not bear not being with you. So I cleared the air with Jinhwan because it will always be you.”

 

“Will you forgive me, Nammie?” Mino asked softly as he brushed his nose against the younger’s clavicle affectionately.

 

Taehyun sighed as he gave a small nod.

 

“There is really nothing much to forgive, Mino. I am just glad you finally talked to me.”

 

“I love you Nammie, always have and always will.”

 

Mino then took something out from his pocket and knelt in front of him. Taehyun held in his breath for he knew that something really important was about to happen. Mino opened his hand to reveal the ring that Taehyun thought was all along still with him on his palm.

 

“I know we were kids when made a promise that we will be together when we get older. I just wanted to be sure if that is what you still want. I want you to at least have a say in it too. Whatever your decision is, I will fight for you or for us when I face my parents.”

 

Taehyun gently reach forward to tug his arm so that Mino would sit beside him on the bed so that they were eye level. He knew Mino was not kidding or lying this time Taehyun could tell. His dark eyes were filled with love and sincerity that Taehyun could not help but felt his heart flutter.

 

“I will accept, Mino.” He softly answered and Mino could not help but smile really happily when he slipped the ring onto Taehyun’s left ring finger before lifting Taehyun’s hands to his lip and kissing it softly.

 

Taehyun was smiling when he saw how the ring was sitting nicely on his finger as though it was meant to be there. He felt Mino slipped his hands around his waist to pull him closer so that he could kiss him when…

 

“Taehyunie… are you alright in there?” Seungyoon asked as he knocked on the door softly.

 

Mino let out a soft groan and dropped his head on the younger guy’s shoulder.

 

“I swear their timing is impeccable...” Mino groaned out as he nuzzled against the crook of Taehyun’s neck causing Taehyun to let out a soft laugh.

 

“I am fine, Seungyoon hyung.” Taehyun called out.

 

They stayed silent for a few more moments before Taehyun gently pull away from their little cuddle session much to Mino’s displeasure.

 

“Let’s go outside before they bang the door down eventually.”

 

Mino figured that it will be those rare moments where they could truly be alone with each other, just the two of them. Not wanting to let the moment slip by, he quickly followed behind the younger guy.

 

Taehyun was about to reach out for the door knob when Mino turned him around and pushed him against the wall. Suddenly, the air between them got a little heavy and the delicious tension was back. Mino leaned in to kiss the sensitive spot behind the younger’s ear causing Taehyun’s breath to hitch.

 

Mino trailed a line of kiss along his jaw before his lips finally met his. It felt so good to be kissing Taehyun again. This time, it was for all the right reasons, no doubts, no uncertainty or guilt haunting them. Taehyun opened his lips under his when Mino gently nibble on his lower lip, inviting the warm feel of Mino’s tongue against his.

 

It was a long deep kiss that was unbearably sweet. Taehyun had his hands around his neck while Mino pulled him closer to him. His hand slipped under Taehyun’s hoodie, under his shirt to roam the smooth skin of the younger’s back, feeling the skin turn warm under his touch.

 

Mino then lifted Taehyun slightly so they were flushed against each other. The slight rub of the bodies against each other made Taehyun moan softly as it send delicious tingles down his spine. Needless to say, Mino got a little excited when Taehyun’s thighs accidentally brushed against his groin causing Mino to groan out as he bit softly on Taehyun’s lower lip.

 

“Taehyun-ah, everything ok?” It was Seunghoon who was on the other side of the door this time but Taehyun was too preoccupied to answer.

 

With a lot of difficulty, they broke apart, putting a halt to their little intense kissing bordering on making out session. Both of them leaned their heads on each other’s shoulders while catching their breaths and just savoring the feel of holding each other close.

 

Mino watched as Taehyun adjusted his hoodie before reaching over to tidy Mino’s clothes. He could not help but grinned cheekily, feeling smug when he sees the flushed cheeks and slightly swollen lips that was his own doing.

 

He was glad in a way for the interruption because he definitely wanted their first time together to be on a bed or at least somewhere more romantic instead of some dark secluded corner of Taehyun’s room with his nosy members just beyond that threshold.

 

“Stop grinning like a lunatic or they would know we had just ravished each other in my room.” Taehyun muttered softly as he rolled his eyes but was unable to hide the small smile.

 

“Well, it is not like you were not enjoying it. You did not exactly push me away either Taehyun-ah.” Mino answered as he the younger’s cheeks affectionately when Taehyun blushed.

 

Taking Taehyun’ hand and interlacing their fingers together, was about to open the door and stepped back in to reality again but he suddenly remembered something.

 

“What is Hanbin doing here?” He could not help but ask causing Taehyun to roll his eyes heavenwards.

 

“You just never change do you?”

 

Taehyun looked at the now pouty look of his partner that Taehyun always found really adorable but he would rather eat dirt than to ever admit that in front of the prince. He sighed heavily before answering.

 

“He is here working with Seunghoon hyung. He wants to audition for YG.”

 

And that was that… 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hihi back with an update... thank you for all the lovely comments and new readers who stumbled upon this little story of mine... hope you enjoy the developments... a little senseless kissing if not this story will be too heavy for my liking.. We are approaching the soon.... no silent readers pleae... i would love to hear from you...