Chapter 4

Namsong Hours

Kim Jinwoo knows that he may at times come across as a little dense, a little lost and pretty hopeless with directions like a black hole within the group. However, when he is quick, he picks up on things super quickly.

 

He knew there was something going on since Taehyun brought the stranger, Song Minho, back to their dorm. Taehyun seemed to be more secretive lately and keeping to himself or just looking more troubled and confused than usual. It showed in his songs that he worked on either in their dorm or in their studio, there was a touch of sadness that he could not help but notice.

 

As the oldest in his group, he should be concerned with s but being Taehyun, he would never just approached any of the members for help with his issues. So he would just be content by being available if ever their maknae needed or wanted to talk.

 

If the current situation was already strange with the maknae, things got even stranger when Taehyun informed them that he will be going to Jeju Island to shoot an individual CF for a drink ad. It completely baffled Jinwoo since drinks or food commercials would be more like what Seunghoon or Seungyoon would do instead of the maknae.

 

In fact, Jinwoo originally wanted to go out with the maknae on that day where he supposedly has the CF shooting. After all, they had the day off and he wanted to go shopping for clothes since Taehyun had the best taste when it comes to fashion out of all of them.

 

Jinwoo knew it was a mistake and an invasion of privacy when he entered the maknae’s room but the door was open and they have the habit of entering freely if the door is opened. Jinwoo figured Taehyun could hardly blame him for entering his room without any warning. Besides, the youngest was such a neat freak so he did not think he will be able to get any interesting or satisfy his curiosity.

 

However, he was peaked with interest when he spotted the notebook that Taehyun never failed to bring along wherever he went on his desk next to his laptop. He picked it up when all of a sudden…

 

“What are you doing in the maknae’s room, hyung?” Seunghoon called out by the door.

 

That caused Jinwoo to dropped the notebook that he was holding on the floor, spilling some of its loose contents. He quickly bent down to pick up the fallen items which were all photographs however one particular photo caught his eye and he could not help but let out a gasp causing Seunghoon to come over to join in the party.

 

There was no mistake to the faces in that particular shot. He could recognize them almost anywhere. The shot was taken at a place which both boys knew as one of the royal gardens in the palace grounds. Taehyun, who looked hardly 15 years old, was standing in front of the younger version of the newly appointed Crown Prince Jiyong, who have both arms round their maknae’s neck, next prince Jiyong was the younger version of the late Crown Prince Siwon and finally next to Taehyun, was the guy that was an injured mess on their living room just a little over two weeks ago.

 

The two shocked boys looked at the photograph then at each other wordlessly. Without any sound and in perfect synchronization, they quickly tidied up the scene of the crime and left Taehyun’s room. With telepathy they did not know they had, both of them convened at Suenghoon’s room since it was the furthest away and were whispering furiously as though they were going to get caught any minute.   

 

“So that Song Minho was actually the Song Minho as in Prince Minho? How on earth did Taehyun knew them?” Seunghoon whispered expressing his shock at the discovery but at the same time was in awe. Their maknae had never failed to impress him over the years since they first met.

 

“I don’t know. Should we ask him? Do you think the CF is a front for something like a secret meeting?” Jinwoo whispered back.

 

“Do you seriously think Taehyun will tell you if you asked him? Don’t be naïve, hyung. Do you think they have a relationship going on?”

 

“Seungyoon asked him if he knew Taehyun, he said no. Remember?” Jinwoo supplied.

 

“Look at the photo, hyung. See how Minho is looking at Taehyun and not at the camera? He is clearly in love even the blind can tell. Even if it is not love, he is clearly smitten. I think there is something going on.” Seunghoon commented showing the picture he snapped with his phone before they left the room.

 

“I don’t know. It is just so sudden to have a CF shooting out of the blue plus an individual one.”

 

“I think it is definitely a front. It is way too fishy from how I see it.”

 

“Hmmm… why are we whispering? We are in your room, no one is home and door is closed.”

 

“I don’t know why about that either.” Seunghoon scratched his head.

 

They needed to get to the bottom of the strange connection that the prince had with their beloved maknae. They also agreed that their leader should not know anything at the moment until they had ascertained the facts. Besides, the leader was too occupied with the prep for their 2nd album to pay attention to something so trivial. Thus, they began the “Operation Jeju Island” as Seunghoon affectionately coined their little mini project slash escapade slash maknae snooping.

 

Like experienced undercover agents, they got into setting up the wheels into motion leading up to the day that Taehyun was due to fly out. First, it was to grab hold of their maknae’s updated schedule to determine what flight should they get on so that they do not clash or meet the person in question. Second, it was finding out where he will be staying in Jeju but they found it strange when there were no hotels within the vicinity. The only place that fitted the location was the summer palace for the royal family. Instead of being intimidated, it only fueled their excitement and motivation even more.

 

It took them less than a day to get all the things they need to make the operation a success done. There was nothing left except to wait for D-day to happen. Rubbing their hands in glee, they began marking and counting down on their respective calendars until it was time to carry out their mission.

 

This was going to be such a fun and exciting adventure for them even better than how they felt when they first debuted...

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hihi, back with an update... this is a little side filler before we dive back into the main story... I hope you all will like this... do let me know your thoughts... would like to hear from you... =)