Chapter 6

Namsong Hours

Choi Seunghyun was all smiles and sunshine when he opened the doors to the summer house. It was a big compound that gives the old England type of feel to the grounds and its interior. Currently, it housed the staff and guards of the summer house also catered to the occasional visits from the royal family members or foregin diplomats.

 

Being a first time visitor, Taehyun was hoping for a traditional Korean styled house but he could not deny with the open decks and balconies of the summer house offered a nice view of Jeju Island which he was looking forward to enjoy the little precious free time.

 

“The bedrooms are located on the second floor. Would you both like a tour of the place?” Seunghyun asked while the staff took care of the bags.

 

“No, there is no need for a tour. We can manage fine from here.” Mino was quick with his rejection to Seunghyun’s suggestion.

 

“There is no need to be so harsh or rude.” Taehyun commented as they stood in the main foyer of the house.

 

“You are too protective of him. Do you like him?” Mino shot back.

 

Taehyun brows droop even lower as he considered the question posed, “Maybe?”

 

His reply woke Mino from his partially paranoia induced anger as to his brother and his stupid meddling into his own personal affairs ways.

 

“What?!”

 

“What what? He is tall, handsome and makes suits look so good. Besides, you have a boyfriend. Why would you care who I like or want to be with?”

 

“Seriously?!”

 

“I mean you said it yourself that you have someone already. I am sure Jinhwan would be someone fun, good looking, from a reputable family background and goes to a good university as well. So i don't understand what’s with the look of disbelief?”

 

Taehyun shrugged as he continued on, “I wonder how he looks like, I want to meet him.” He smiled but Mino noticed that it did not quite reach his eyes.

 

“Yah!” Mino struggled for something to say.

 

“What? Was I wrong, Minho-goon?” Taehyun looked unimpressed.

 

With the audacity in his eyes and a little pout on his lips, Taehyun just stared at him. Some of his well hidden anger that he carefully tucked away was finally making their way slowly to the surface.

 

“Since you don’t like me that way anymore.”

 

The hurt was like glue that wrapped around the younger’s voice like honey. Despite his seemingly friendly tone, Mino for the first time realized just exactly how much he has hurt Taehyun and how deep was the cut he made which was right at his heart.

 

“You hated that idea so much when we were younger.” Mino said slowly and dragged a hand through his hair in his effort to regain his composure.

 

“Oh God, seriously.” Taehyun muttered throwing his arms up exasperatedly, “I am going to find myself a room and take a shower. You can continue standing there for all I care.”

 

With that Taehyun his heel and walked towards the staircase leading to the rooms, leaving the prince standing there in the summer palace hallway like some wet little puppy for a good 15 minutes until the shock wore off.

 

For a moment, Mino really had the urge to kick and throw his luggage as he followed where the younger, who promptly entered the master suite like a diva, he swore loudly and profusely as he entered into the same room as well.

 

The shower was already running when he sat on the bed and noticed that Taehyun already claimed his side to sleep on; his clothes were already laid out and neatly fold just like the neat freak he was and still is.

 

Don’t love if it’s not me

It doesn’t suit you, though it’s selfish of me

Don’t go far away, I’m not there

Your love is me, though it’s selfish of me

Don’t forget, remember that I’m here     

 

Mino realized that Taehyun was singing one of tracks from what he assumed to their group’s album in the shower. He reminded that he needs to get that album and listen to it. He had been away for far too long, he thought as he took off his shoes and his coat.

 

The water from the shower stopped running and then came the light pattering about from the inside before the door opened. Mino could hear the light footsteps he made on the carpeted floor as he walked towards the direction bed.

 

Taehyun stopped in his tracks halfway and just stood where he was to stare at the guy on the other side of the bed. His hair was damp with a towel draped over his head and his face was now makeup free and bare. Suddenly, Mino felt a lump forming in his throat.

 

It was no longer the idol Nam Taehyun that was staring at him. It was Nam Taehyun, his Nammie, from his childhood that was staring at him right at this moment.

 

“So Minho-goon, you are going to sleep here?”

 

“It is one week, just one week. All we need is to just be here for one week.”

 

“One week.” Taehyun echoed his words.

 

“We will manage it somehow.” Mino stated as he got up to go shower.

 

“I hope so.” Taehyun murmured.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jinwoo knew that portraying that cold or stern look was never his forte therefore it was only sensible that it would be Seunghoon would be the bad guy. He knew that when Seuinghoon does not smile, he can come across at cold.

 

They carefully planned the scenario where by they would let themselves be driven through the main gates of the summer palace as though they were meant to. However, in all honesty, both of them each have to tell their own little voice inside their heads that this whole little mini project was like the most stupid thing they have ever did in their lives.

 

They have managed to successfully threaten politely one of the male guards for hard earned ride to their destination, praying furiously that the rest of the journey will be smooth so that they could finally breathe in relief once they have made it in.

  

All hopes were dashed when they met a tall, really dashing with impeccable hair and suit agent standing at the doors waiting for them. His expression did not look happy to meet them.

 

“Hello, what do you both think you are doing?” The agent offered a slight bow and was definitely not pleased to see them seeing how ice was laced into his curt voice.

 

“We are here to see Taehyun.”  Seunghoon stated making it sound as though it was the most sensible thing to do.

 

“This is a private residence and I do not know who you are talking about. Please leave or we will forcibly remove the both of you.”

 

Jinwoo rolled his eyes, “Stop lying, Taehyun just looked out the window. I am willing to bet that he will be down any minute now.”

 

Surprisingly, both of them were able to hold their ground because it only took another 7 seconds before they heard a cheerful voice.

 

“Jinwoo and Seunghoon hyung!”

 

Taehyun pushed Seunghyun aside and bowed to him when he realized that he pushed an elder. Behind the maknae stood a confused Minho, Taehyun hugged s happily while blatantly ignoring the prince at the back.

 

“What are you doing here Taehyunie? Is he the prince? Why didn’t you tell us?” Seunghoon asked as he and Jinwoo gave a bow to acknowledge Mino’s presence.

 

Seunghoon and Jinwoo experience for the first time in front of their very eyes how their youngest actually dropped his guard showing them a glimpse of the raw Taehyun. Their maknae then just hugged s again with a sudden desperation.

 

“I am sorry I did not tell you all...”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hihi, the next chapter... I hope i am not boring you all too much with the updates... i hope you like the fast updates... cause i am an impatioent person my nature so i tend to do things pretty quickly plus i have a lot of time on my hands.. anyways things are slowly setting into motion. I hope you all will stay tuned for it... let me know your thoughts! would love to hear them!