Chapter 5

Namsong Hours

“You should sleep. I saw your schedule. You are practically dead on your feet. You can give zombies a run for their money. Do you seriously only get two hours of sleep daily?”

 

Mino was incredulous at the younger’s schedule and he thought his was bad. Those were the only words he said to him before putting on his earphones and closed his eyes.

 

Mino could feel the guy sitting beside stare at him for some time, even after the plane had long taken off. He was surprised Taehyun’s stare did not burn a hole through his head.

 

“Why are you being like this?” Taehyun muttered softly until with a long suffering sigh, he grabbed the blue blanket to wrap around him and then promptly answered the call of sleep.

 

Mino counted seven songs before he opened his eyes and then he felt something heavy on his shoulder. Taehyun was fast asleep with his head on his shoulder, body slightly turned towards his. He tried to move his shoulder using the momentum to get the younger guy off but failed. Instead the movement only caused Taehyun to rub his cheek against his shoulder as he continued sleeping.

 

“You are just like a huge sack of sweet potatoes.” Mino muttered under his breath.

 

“Are you even eating or being fed properly?” Poking as the younger’s thin collarbone that was slightly protruding.

 

“I doubt you even weigh a thing but why can’t I get you off my shoulder then?” Touching his cheek lightly then followed by his nose. “Still have those baby cheeks that I remember you always had and that sensible and logical head of yours.” Mino added softly as he stared intently at the guy.

 

Though he could not see much except for the crown of Taehyun’s head and his eyelashes but the sight before him was enough to make whatever determination in his mind waver.

 

“Why does it have to be you?” He asked before he finally pushed Taehyun’s shoulder so that the younger was back in his seat.

 

Taehyun counted seven songs before he opened his eyes to look at the guy beside him. Mino was already asleep, snoring softly and drooling. His body was turned and curled up away from him, like a defiant little child. Even in his sleep, Taehyun noticed that he was troubled.

 

It only took one light touch from him to ease that frown immediately.

 

“Why does it have to be you?” Taehyun asked him back.

 

They landed with no much of a hick up and made their way swiftly through after collecting their luggage. They were greeted by a tall, thin man dressed in a black suit at the private gate. There were few other men just like him behind where he was standing with trolleys ready to handle the luggage.

 

Taehyun remembered him really well since he was a good friend of the late prince Siwon. In his memory of Siwon hyung, he was always together with the late prince.

 

He was really glad to see such a familiar face. However, Mino only frowned and narrowed his eyes.

 

“Hello Seunghyun hyung, it has been a long time.” Taehyun greeted happily.

 

“Hello.” Choi Seunghyun bowed low to greet both of them.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“Minho, he is still your elder. Shouldn’t you…”

 

“It is ok. I am currently in charge of the summer palace so therefore I am obliged and very honoured to pick you both from the airport.”

 

“Seriously? Aren’t you overqualified for this position? To baby-sit us?” Mino was skeptical and continued to stare at Seunghyun through narrowed eyes.

 

“No, why should I be?” The smile deepened before it moved into the territory of amusement.

 

Seunghyun moved to free Taehyun from his backpack earning himself an angrier glare from the prince. Mino moved faster with his hand already tugging the backpack off from the younger guy, only that Taehyun was not letting go so a staring match ensued.

 

“Oh seriously…” Taehyun finally sighed and humoured the prince much to Seunghyun’s amusement.

 

Mino quickly dragged Taehyun by his sleeves towards the direction of the exit muttering furiously.  

 

“I am not buying any of his crappy reason. This has Jiyong hyung written all over it.”

 

“What are you doing? Let go of me. He was just being nice and taking care of us.”

 

“No, I am a hundred percent sure that my lovely brother have something to do with this.”

 

“I really don’t get why the need to be so worked up.”

 

“He isn’t just taking care of us. Choi Seunghyun is the palace most trusted advisor. He is usually deep at the Capital looking into things.”

 

“He must have received instructions.” Mino could not help but to grit the words out as he ushered them into the car.

 

“I cannot believe Jiyong hyung sent him. He is like the worst watchdog we have. If he ever needs to bring my head to on a silver platter, he would clarify and check to see what dressing and side dish to go along with it.” Mino’s face continued to darken as he spewed off.

 

“Seriously, you are overreacting. You are a prince and it is only right they send the best over.” Taehyun commented trying to reassure him by patting his arm.

 

Mino was quicker and grabbed his wrist to stop the movements. “Please don’t do that. I think you like him.” He could not help but to accuse the younger guy.

 

“Whenever I think of the palace, I think about my first day there. He was the one who brought me to meet you and Jiyong hyung. He is a friend of Siwon hyung.”

 

“Traitor. What are we waiting for?” Mino muttered making Taehyun laughed out loud.

 

“They are still loading in the luggage.” The driver answered hesitantly.

 

“Just be prepared for unforeseen situations.”  Mino suddenly turned towards Taehyun to warn him.

 

“Like what? You mean when we are there we are required to share a room together? Or to suddenly trap us in the elevator once both of us stepped into it? They expect us to behave like hormonal teenagers? We will be fine, don’t worry, Minho-goon” Taehyun joked.

 

“You seem awfully unconcerned about it. What if I cannot resist the temptation?”

 

“I thought you don’t like me that way anymore. You have someone already, remember?”

 

“We are old friends. I can still kiss you without being in a relationship with you.” Mino suddenly scooted closer to the younger guy grinning playfully.

 

Taehyun leaned back as an automatic reflex, “Oh come on, stop pulling my leg.”

 

He rolled his eyes in response good naturedly causing Mino to burst out laughing and was about to say something when Seunghyun stucked his head in.

 

“Are we ready to set off?”

 

Taehyun stared at Mino as he watched the transformation happen right before his very eyes. The relaxed smile Mino was sporting gradually slid off his face. That hint of Mino-choding was being replaced and hidden behind a veil and what was left behind was that stranger he first met across the table from their dorm’s kitchen.

 

It was the most peculiar sight Taehyun has ever witnessed. At the same time, it gave him hope because he realized that the boy he once thought he knew very well had emerged yet at the same time could disappear so easily. At least, he was comforted to know that the old Mino actually still existed somewhere.

 

“We are ready to go.” Mino announced as he moved away from Taehyun and the choding that appeared just died a quick and painless death.

 

“Sure, no problem.” Seunghyun then promptly shut the door.

 

“Why aren’t we moving yet?” Mino said again when the vehicle was still stationary.

 

Part of the tension was back in his voice and his face was stoic again with the grim grimace as though it was freshly cut from stone. He stayed as far away from Taehyun as the space of the backseat allowed him to.

 

“You forgot to put on your seatbelt.” Mino suddenly mentioned as he leaned in once again and attached it for him.

 

Taehyun felt the goose bumps making its way to the surface of his neck at the closeness of Mino and the scent of his aftershave but quickly as they emerged, it died and disappeared again.

 

Mino slid back to his side of the car as if he was burned and never once looked at him during the entire ride.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

If there is one thing that Nam Taehyun disliked would be change, having to adapt to a new environment or meeting new people. These are the few of his hated things. He dreaded this day ever since his parents told him that he will be meeting new people who he will be friends with.

 

A million things ran through his 10 year old mind all at once as he sat at biggest sitting room he has ever seen in his life. The room was heavily adorned with dark and heavy furniture that seemed to engulf him with a sense of something ominous.  

 

What if he does not like them or vice versa? What if they were bullies in disguise as angelic people? Oh the horror as his thoughts got more and more ridiculous by the second.

 

Suddenly, he desperately wanted to find a hidden corner where he could curl up and disappear.

 

Nam Taehyun-ssi?”

 

“Y...Ye…Yes?” Taehyun could not help but stutter his words.

 

“I am Choi Seunghyun, I am here to bring you to meet them. Come.”

 

Taehyun look up to see a young boy, hardly an adult, dressed in a black suit, smiling at him was beckoning him to follow.

 

“What are they like, hyung?” Taehyun asked as he followed Seunghyun. He was nice enough to let Taehyun call him hyung which help a lot in easing his uneasiness. 

 

“They are very nice and extremely funny. You will like them. I promise. I am sure they will like you too.” Seunghyun smiled at the young boy reassuringly.

 

Later on, Taehyun found out that Seungyun hyung was right. Jiyong hyung and Mino hyung were funny once the initial ice thawed. They gotten close and tight knitted really quickly.

 

Taehyun became the unofficial youngest that they could bully, tease and do things that normal brothers would. Siwon hyung would try to join in as much as he could but just Jiyong and Mino hyung were all the friends Taehyun needed. From then on, Taehyun never felt lonely anymore.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hihi, back with an update... I hope you like this chapter... soon drama will come in so lets enjoy just pure namsong moments while we can... Let mw know what you think!