Epilogue - Part One

Intoxicating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" - so, as I was saying, maybe you'd like to go out with me?"

"..."

"Oppa?"

"Oh!" Hyukjae snapped out of his daydreaming. "Sorry! Err - I spaced out a bit. Could you please repeat that?"

"Oppa! Why weren't you listening?" The girl in front of him pouted. "After I gathered all that courage to ask you out!"

"Oh." Embarrassed, Hyukjae could feel his cheeks tinting lightly. "About that... I'm sorry. I really appreciate your feelings for me, but I'm afraid I won't be able to return them." Hyukjae bowed.

"W-why? Is it because I'm not pretty enough?" The girl looked like she was in a verge of tears, causing Hyukjae to feel guilty.

"No, no, you're actually very pretty!" Hyukjae hastened to reassure her. "It's just that, I already have a boyfriend."

"I've never heard anything about that! Everyone keeps on saying that you're still single, that's why I picked up the courage to confess to you." The girl started to cry and Hyukjae panicked. The students passing by were starting to stare at them and some were even whispering.

"We just started going out last week - don't cry, okay? Don't cry over me. I'm sure you'll find someone else, someone even better than me. Just - forget about me, alright? I'm not worth those tears." Hyukjae smiled kindly at the girl in front of him, whose sobbing gradually became weaker, until it came into a stop.

"Okay, I-I'll try. But, promise me you won't tell anyone that this happened? It would be so embarrassing." The girl said, drying her tears.

"I won't tell anyone, I promise." Hyukjae said sincerely.

The girl sighed sadly. "What a waste. And I really wanted to go out with you."

"I'm really sorry."

"It's fine." The girl's shoulders slumped. "Wish me luck, then. Bye, Hyukjae."

"Bye - Yuri, right?" Hyukjae asked and the girl nodded. "I'm sure you'll be able to find a great guy soon."

"Yeah, yeah." The girl waved offhandedly and strode off despondently, leaving Hyukjae staring after her in concern.

Thinking deeply about what has just transpired, Hyukjae was startled out of his thoughts when he felt an arm around his shoulders.

"What are you doing here?"

"Hae!" Hyukjae immediately brightened up upon seeing Donghae. "How was your day?"

"Same as always. What about you? Oh, and sorry I'm a bit late, the professor held us back for a bit after the bell rang."

"That's fine." Hyukjae grinned at Donghae. "Erm, about my day... Hae, someone confessed to me today."

"What?" Donghae said, surprised. "How many times has this happened this week?"

"Not sure. Third, I think?" Hyukjae shrugged.

"Wow, we've been only together for a week, and already three rivals have appeared." Donghae said, amazed in spite of himself. "Does this really happen this often to you?"

Hyukjae thought for a moment. "There have been some confessions before, but I do think this week is too much. I wonder why."

"Hmm, maybe they're hoping to break us up?" Donghae said mildly, but Hyukjae still erupted.

"Hae! How could you say that? I'm not going to break up with you! Eveeeer!" Hyukjae said, stomping his foot for good measure.

"I know, I know." Donghae laughed. "I was just kidding, don't get mad." he said, pinching Hyukjae's cheek to remove the frown on that cute face.

"Don't even joke about that." Hyukjae hmph-ed. "Besides, Yuri didn't even know that we're together."

"Oh, that's a different story then." Donghae pondered for a moment. "Just make sure to always reject them, alright?"

"Of course~" Hyukjae answered immediately. "And where's my kiss?" He looked expectantly at Donghae.

Laughing, Donghae leaned in and briefly kissed Hyukjae, aware that they were still in a public place. Leaning away, Donghae took one look at Hyukjae who still had his eyes closed.

Unable to resist, he took one quick peck again at those lips. He could feel Hyukjae smiling through the kiss.

Beginning to smile as well, Donghae ended the kiss and took Hyukjae's hand on his, leading him towards the cafeteria.

"Come on, Hyukjae. Let's go eat. They're probably already waiting for us."

"Okay!" Hyukjae said brightly, his stomach reminding him that it was indeed time to eat.

"Is that Lee Hyukjae's boyfriend?"

Busy looking ahead of them, Donghae failed to hear that.

Hyukjae, however, was immediately on alert when he heard his name being whispered among the students around him. He mentally face-palmed.

Although his friends had been expecting for this new development to be a hot issue in the school, Hyukjae was still surprised at the rumors that reached him. Apparently, a lot of girls cr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter