Chapter Six

Intoxicating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aigoo, Hyung said 4:30." Hyukjae tsked, checking this watch for the nth time for the past half-hour. It was nearly 5 PM and Yesung was still nowhere in sight. They were planning on hanging out at his house that night, and his hyung promised him that he'd meet Hyukjae in the courtyard as soon as his classes ended. Hyujae was slightly puzzled at this as Yesung was never late. If this was somebody else from their group, he would've had expected this. But not from Yesung.

He checked his phone instead but still no message or whatsoever from his hyung.

"Hyukjae?"

Hearing that all-too familiar voice, Hyukjae turned towards the source of the voice so quickly that he heard his neck creak. Grimacing at the pain, Hyukjae tried to smile brightly at the very welcome student in front of him.

"Hello!" He said energetically, hand rubbing the hurting part of his neck.

Donghae, however, seemed to be sympathetic to his pain and was also grimacing slightly. "Ouch, that's gotta hurt." he said, reaching out and - to Hyukjae's utter disbelief - removing Hyukjae's hand from his neck to massage it himself tenderly.

Am I dreaming. Hyukjae thought, feeling a little overwhelmed at what's happening. The pain had disappeared seconds after Donghae started to massage him.

"Feeling better now?" Donghae asked, smiling gently at him. Hyukjae started to nod when - "And don't nod, the pain might come back." Donghae warned, laughing a little.

That means he'll hold me a little more longer, right? Hyukjae thought, tempted to disobey Donghae, but he settled for a smile instead. "Yeah, I'm feeling a lot better now. Thank you!" His smile was blinding.

"That's good." Donghae retracted his hand and Hyukjae repressed his pout.

"So what're you doing here? Waiting for someone?" Donghae asked casually.

Hyukjae discreetly took a step back, away from Donghae - he was just too close for Hyukjae to be able to remain calm - and he felt his back meeting the large cherry blossom tree. He leant against it and relaxed.

"Yeah, I'm waiting for Yesung Hyung. He said he'd be here, but he's late. This is the first time that this has happened." Hyukjae frowned, remembering his hyung being irresponsible.

"Really? Can I stay here with you then? I'm also waiting for Kyuhyun." Donghae asked, and Hyukjae couldn't say yes quick enough.

"So, you and Kyuhyun take the same route home?" Hyukjae inquired, wanting to know more about Donghae.

"Yep, we go home together most of the time."

Kyuhyun’s so lucky. Hyukjae thought.

"What about you and Yesung hyung? Do you go home together often?" Donghae asked.

"No, our houses are pretty far from each other. But he wanted to hang out at our house tonight, so we're going home together. At least, that was the plan as of this morning. I still haven't heard anything from him." Hyukjae said, starting to get slightly worried.

"Oh. You're really close with him?"

"Yesung hyung? Yup! I'm close with all of the other guys in our group, but Yesung hyung is just really sweet. He's my favorite hyung!" Hyukjae exclaimed.

"Hmm, must be nice to have such a large group of friends." Donghae commented off-handedly.

"It really is! School is never boring because of them." Hyukjae said happily. "By the way, how did you and Kyuhyun meet?"

"We sat next to each other during the first day of school, and we hit it off immediately. Turns out we had the same classes for the entire semester, and we just stuck together ever since."

"Oh, if you guys want some new company, you're welcome to join our group anytime." Hyukjae offered, smiling at Donghae. "Unless, of couse, you two would prefer to be alone." He added hurriedly.

"No, no. I've always wanted a large group of friends, but between Kyuhyun and I, we've never managed to do it." Donghae laughed.

"Why? What's wrong with you two? You guys are perfectly nice." Hyukjae said, frowning.

"Don't tell me you've never been scared of Kyuhyun? That guy can be nice if he wants to be, but if he doesn't, seriously. I can't even remember how many people have run away from him in terror because of his glare." Donghae was laughing harder now.

Hyukjae, remembering the Kyuhyun from the music club, started to laugh along with Donghae. "Yea, he nearly scared me off once too. But I didn't run off!" Hyukjae said proudly. "But I've only seen him glare once. He's been perfectly nice - even friendly - to me and the whole group while you guys were with us. I can't imagine him scaring off people on a regular basis."

"He does, believe me. But yeah, he's really civil towards you guys. He almost seemed like a normal person." Hyukjae laughed at this. "Maybe that's because he felt comfortable around all of you."

"That's good then, right? Promise me you'll hang around us more? You two will have a really great time. Everyone of them is great, although we do have some crazy people with us. But they're crazy in a good way, and once you get used to them you'll really like them." Hyukjae said, smiling at the thought of his rather – erm – special friends.

"We will, thank you for the offer." Donghae said, smiling at him, the corner of his eyes crinkling and Hyukjae felt himself melting a little.

Yesung hyung, thank you for being late. Hyukjae thought fervently.

Just then, the constant wind that had been blowing around them started to become a little stronger. Hyukjae scrunched up his eyes a bit, but then they widened in wonder as cherry blossoms began to fall around them. He looked up and saw them falling off the branches, some falling to the ground soundlessly, and some hanging on to Donghae's hair and clothes, making him smile.

How pretty.

"Pretty, isn't it?" Donghae said, also watching the cherry blossoms.  Hyukjae was startled at hearing Donghae mirroring his thoughts. "I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching this, even after years of seeing this."

"Yes, it's really pretty." Was all Hyukjae managed to utter, still entranced at the view of Donghae.

How could anyone be this dreamy... Hyukjae sighed hopelessly to himself.

Donghae then turned to him and smiled, before laughing a little. "Look, some of it got onto your hair."

To Hyukjae's surprise, Donghae took several steps closer to him and began to remove the cherry blossoms stuck on his hair. "I have to say though, pink really goes well with blond. Your hair looks really pretty right now." Donghae said, hand gently going through his hair.

Gulping, Hyukjae tried to move away, before realizing that he was stuck between Donghae and the tree. He could feel his face heating up due to his close contact with Donghae. Against his will, his eyes travelled up from Donghae's collarbone, up to his smooth neck, and then briefly stared a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter