Chapter One

Intoxicating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

­

Lee Hyukjae had never fallen in love.

Sure, he was in high school, a phase in life where it was perfectly natural to find his first love. Everyone around seemed to be falling in and out of love constantly, and only a handful seemed to be unaffected by it. Hyukjae was one of them.

It wasn't like he didn't have a lot of choices to meet that special someone - their school had a large population after all. And it wasn't even because no one was interested in him. With his good looks, charming smile, bright blond hair that could be spotted a mile away, and his incredible dancing skills, he was considered one of the most-sought after guys in their school. Even the fact that he had been utterly unattainable up to now added to his appeal to girls. And guys.

It's just that... after having so many people confess to him and never once seeing sincerity in their eyes, Hyukjae began to lose all interest in falling in love. He knew that a large part of his admirers' interest was based on the fact that he was untouchable. After all, who wouldn't want to be Lee Hyukjae's firsts in everything?

He (or his friends) would hear someone bragging about ways on how to make Hyukjae theirs, and then the next day would confess to him looking all innocent. Hyukjae would always politely turn them down. Sometimes, one rejection was enough for them to stop, but sometimes Hyukjae had to resort to force to get them to leave him alone.

One prime example of the latter was this guy in Hyukjae's Mathematics class.

Hyukjae barged out of their classroom in a huff, almost slamming the door close behind him. His lips curled up in a satisfied grin when he heard a loud yelp from that jerk, Jang Wooyoung.

“Hey, love, wait up for me!”

Hyukjae ignored the exclamation from Wooyoung and hurried along, trying to avoid another confrontation with him. He was too slow, though, and Wooyoung immediately caught up with him.

“Man, why are you playing so hard to get?” Wooyoung said, putting his arms around Hyukjae. “You should go out with me tonight, I’ll show you a really good time. I won’t take no for an answer.” Wooyoung winked charmingly at Hyukjae.

Hyukjae’s forehead creased as he tried to keep his calm. “How many times do I have to say 'no' for you to leave me alone?” he said, trying to shrug off Wooyoung’s arm.

“I’m not letting you go until I’ve had some fun with you.” Wooyoung said slyly, tightening his arm around Hyukjae and leaning his face closer to Hyukjae’s.

Hyukjae was once again reminded how no one seemed to take him seriously, and he found his control finally snapping. He closed his hand onto a fist to deliver his infamous punch to Wooyoung’s smug face.

That was his intention, anyway.

But in the next second, he found himself suddenly jerked off of Wooyoung’s arm and into the arms of someone else.

Blinking, he slowly became aware of a hand around his waist, gently but firmly holding him. He looked up, and his gaze was filled by soft-looking brown hair, kind-looking eyes, a perfect nose and thin lips that were currently turned downwards in apparent worry.

Have I died and gone to heaven... Hyukjae thought dazedly.

“Are you alright?” the stranger asked worriedly.

Unblinking, Hyukjae started to nod but quickly changed his mind and started to shake his head. How could he be alright when such a perfect creature was standing so close to him!?

"Why, are you hurt anywhere?"

Hyukjae was about to answer when he heard another yelp from Wooyoung. Forcing himself to look away from the stranger, he found Wooyoung kneeling on the ground, glaring at a tall student standing before him.

“Sorry, didn’t notice you there.” The tall student smirked down at Wooyoung, slightly lowering his handheld gaming device.

Slowly (with much regret and a little bit of sadness), Hyukjae extricated himself from the perfect being currently holding him. The man gently slid his arms off of Hyukjae's waist (Hyukjae tried not to pout at this) and Hyukjae stalked off towards Wooyoung, fuming.

“Like hell you didn’t notice me! You trying to tell me that tripping me was an accident?” Wooyoung raged at the tall student, already getting up and looking ready for a fight.

“Wooyoung.” A calm but chilling voice was heard.

Wooyoung turned to his left, and was unprepared by the hard punch that was thrown right onto his face.

“That’s for harassing me nonstop! Don’t ever show your face in front of me again, or I won’t let you off next time.” Hyukjae threatened, eyes glaring down at Wooyoung.

Holding his probably broken and bleeding nose, Wooyoung looked at the fuming Hyukjae, anger also in his eyes, and considered continuing pestering Hyukjae just to get back at him.

"Go! Or do you want me to sic Heechul at you?" At that threat, Wooyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter