Chapter Two

Intoxicating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The group was hanging out in the school’s courtyard, lazily lounging around. Heechul managed to convince Leeteuk to let him lie on Leeteuk’s lap, and with Leeteuk gently petting his head, he soon fell into a light nap. Shindong was happily texting his latest girlfriend. Sungmin was quietly tuning his guitar, while Ryeowook was sitting near him, books and papers propped up on his knees, busy with composing his next song. Junsu was sitting with his back on a tree, also lightly dozing. Everyone was feeling utterly relaxed. Except for Hyukjae. And quite possibly Yesung.

“It’s already been a week Hyung!” Hyukjae was whining again, much to the dismay of his friends. Or just Yesung.

“How many times do I have to tell you, have some patience.” Yesung said, flicking his nose. Hyukjae was currently using Junsu’s thighs as a pillow, with Yesung sitting next to them. Junsu had tried to listen to Hyukjae at first, but soon fell asleep and Yesung was left to take over the task of listening to Hyukjae.

“But Hyuuuuung I wanna see him again and – ” from the corner of his eyes, Hyukjae saw a distinctive flash of brown and he was up in the next moment, almost bumping into Junsu’s head in the process.

Could it be…

“It’s him!” Hyukjae shouted excitedly, and all his friends were quickly jolted from their relaxed states, scrambling to look at where Hyukjae was staring intensely at.

“What…” Heechul crawled and hit Hyukjae on his leg. “He’s so far away that we can’t even see his face! How did you even know that it’s him?”

“His hair!” Hyukjae said excitedly, not even minding Heechul’s hit. “It’s a very distinctive shade of brown, it’s really pretty, too…” he trailed off, eyes getting that dreamy look again.

“Do not underestimate the power of love.” Leeteuk chuckled.

“Hmm, he does have a point. His hair stands out a bit.” Ryeowook commented.

“Oh! And that friend of his who also helped me is with him! The tall one!” Hyukjae said.

“Well, if they’re always together, maybe it’ll be easier to spot his friend instead of him. He’s probably taller than half of the school’s population.” Yesung commented, also studying the pair that was almost out of their sight.

“Well, at least now we have a more concrete image to go on by aside from oh so perfect hair, oh so perfect eyes…” Junsu fluttered his eyelashes at Hyukjae, who quickly snapped and the two got into an argument again.

Everyone else ignored the two and slowly returned into their respective relaxing positions. They all sighed blissfully when the shouting ended with Hyukjae’s “and now I’m tired! Just go back to sleep!”, Junsu’s reply of “you just want to sleep on my lap again because you love meeee”, and Hyukjae’s final “only because you have the squishiest thighs! Aside from Yesung Hyung of course.”

“Yah!” Yesung exclaimed and Hyukjae only smiled at him cheekily. “You brat.” He said, ruffling Hyukjae’s blond locks roughly and laughing when Hyukjae swatted his hands away.

~*~

“Hyukkie-ah~!” Hyukjae turned and smiled at Sungmin and Ryeowook, who was slightly jogging to catch up to him.

“We have some news!!” Ryeowook said excitedly, almost jumping up and down, waving a piece of paper in the air.

“Wookie finally found out who your mysterious love is!” Sungmin said, equally as excited.

“Whaaat!?” Hyukjae exclaimed, heart already starting to pump. “What’s his name!?”

“His name is Lee Donghae and he’s in 10th grade - ”

“We are in the same grade! This means we’re really meant for each other - ”

“He’s smart, he's a member of one the dance teams on our school, he's kind of a loner and mostly keeps to himself, he hangs out all the time with a certain Cho Kyuhyun...” Ryeowook babbled on, and Hyukjae drank in every word that he hears. “Oh – but unfortunately, we don’t have anyone in the group who’s in the same class as him.”

Hyukjae's face fell but he quickly got over it. At least he had a name to go by now! "That's fine, anything else you found out about him?"

“Here’s a list of the information that I managed to find out about him.” Ryeowook said, handing him the paper that he was holding. “I saw Lee Donghae passing by during my Home Ec class, one of my classmates saw me craning my neck to get a good view and voluntarily gave up these info. Apparently they're classmates in Physical Ed.”

"Thank you soooo much Ryeowookie! I owe you a lot!" Hyukjae said, almost jumping in joy but contented himself in hugging Ryeowook tightly.

"Yah, yah, stop that or I'll get jealous." Sungmin commented dryly beside them.

"And you too, Sungmin Hyuuung! Thank you!" Hyukjae hugged Sungmin tightly next, and he could hear Ryeowook laughing.

“That's enough hugging for now. Next thing you have to think about is how you’ll introduce yourself to him.” Sungmin gently pulled Hyukjae off him and straightened down his and Hyukjae's wrinkled shirts.

“Oh. That.”

Hyukjae latched onto Ryeowook, mood switching fast again, whining, “Ryeowookie how am I going to introduce myself to him?! Don’t we have any sort of friend connection at all?”

“Not that I’m aware of. Maybe we can ask the whole group, there might be someone who can help.” Ryeowook said thoughtfully, patting Hyukjae’s head.

~*~

“Lee Donghae? I’ve  never heard of his name.” Heechul said, peering thoughtfully at Ryeowook’s list.

“Yeah, me too.” Leeteuk seconded, and everyone in the group nodded too.

“No one? Really? Then how am I going to be introduced to him?” Hyukjae co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter