Chapter Five

Intoxicating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

True to his word, Hyukjae and Yesung could be seen always hanging out together during their breaks. Despite his earlier protests, Hyukjae didn't mind having Yesung as a constant companion. Yesung was his favorite hyung, after all. The older boy was just too busy with his studies and club acivities recently for them to spend time together.

A few days after having Yesung as his bodyguard, Hyukjae could be seen entering the music club room, one hand laden with a big paper bag. He found out that Yesung could be found here at this time and he wanted to surprise the other.

Entering the room, he immediately found his hyung talking to someone, his back to him. Grinning mischeviously, Hyukjae walked up silently to Yesung and suddenly hugged him from behind. Tightly.

Choking due to the sudden lack of air from his lungs, Yesung repeatedly slapped away the hands on his waist. Hyukjae ignored it and counted up to 5 on his head before letting go.

Turning around, Hyukjae saw Yesung's eyes narrow dangerously. "Yah Hyukjae-!"

"Hyung! I've brought gifts!" Hyukjae proclaimed, smiling widely. He retrieved the paper bag that he placed on the floor earlier.

If possible, Yesung's eyes grew even narrower. "Then that better be good, or else."

Hyukjae just stuck out his tongue playfully at Yesung before pulling out a cup from the paper bag. Handing it to Yesung, he saw as his hyung's eyes widened upon seeing his favorite coffee.

"Am I forgiven now?" Hyukjae said, batting his eyelashes at Yesung.

Narrowed eyes and stern expression slowly giving way to laughter, Yesung knew that he had lost. He took the coffee from the younger before ruffling his hair affectionately.

"Hyung! Why do you keep on doing that?" Hyukjae said, trying to avoid Yesung.

Feeling he had gotten enough revenge, Yesung stopped pestering Hyukjae, a smile still on his face. "Well, clearly it annoys you. It's my easiest form of revenge." He answered lightly.

"That's just abuse, hyung." Hyukjae deadpanned. "By the way, where's..." Hyukjae's voice trailed off and he glanced left to right, looking for someone. The guy he was looking for was nowhere in sight, until Hyukjae had the brilliant idea to look behind Yesung.

He did so, and Hyukjae almost regretted doing it. He did find Kyuhyun, but... why did Kyuhyun look so angry? It was a scary sight!

Squaring his shoulders, Hyukjae smiled bravely at Kyuhyun. There was no need to be scared, there's no way that he was mad because of Hyukjae, right?

"Hi Kyuhyun! Do you like coffee too? I brought one for you." Hyukjae said, pulling out another cup and handing it to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Oh, you knew I'd be here?"

"Yeah." Hyukjae shrugged. "Yesung Hyung mentioned once that you were also in the music club and that he was mentoring you."

"Is that so? Thanks, I guess." His scary aura easing off, Kyuhyun's lips turned up in a little smile and Hyukjae beamed at him.

They talked for a while, and as they were about to finish their coffee, a thought popped into Hyukjae's mind.

"Kyuhyun, what do you do here in the club? Do you play any instruments?" he asked.

"I sing." Kyuhyun replied simply.

"Oh. Please sing something?" Hyukjae requested, eyes hopeful. Yeah, he could dance brilliantly, but the gods had decided that that talent was enough for him. He couldn't even hit a single tone properly, and he knew, because Yesung had tried teaching him numerous times in the past. In the end, he just contented himself to listening to his friends singing.

"Well, since you brought us coffee..." Kyuhyun trailed off.

"You will? Yay!"

"I don't do this normally, so you better listen well." Kyuhyun commented and Hyukjae nodded happily.

Kyuhyun picked up a music sheet that was in one of the tables nearby, and started singing. "No, I’m not.. It really doesn’t make sense. Even when I’m eating or falling asleep, I keep thinking about you like crazy."

Hyukjae found himself smiling at the easy melody of Kyuhyun's song, and was very impressed with Kyuhyun. That man could sing!

"All the time I keep hating myself so badly. How could I, how could I fall in love with you? That’s a bit weird." At this part, Kyuhyun glanced at them and Hyukjae smiled at him encouragingly.

"My heart hears you.. from head to toe. My friends tease me for this but my heart only listens to you. One two three, you smile and I think I lost my breath." Kyuhyun glanced at them again, and Hyukjae found himself following the direction of Kyuhyun's gaze.

His eyes landing on Yesung, who was cutely smiling at Kyuhyun, Hyukjae looked back at Kyuhyun and then at Yesung again. Suspicions started to enter his mind, but he chose to keep quiet about it for now.

Kyuhyun finished singing and both Yesung and Hyukjae clapped loudly, ignoring the other people in the room who looked at them curiously.

"That was really great Kyuhyun! I didn't know you can sing that well." Hyukjae praised the other guy and Kyuhyun grinned at him.

Yesung nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah, I also couldn't believe it when I first heard him sing. His voice is beautiful, right?"

Hyukjae gave Yesung a thumbs up, all the while taking note of the slight blush that was creeping up on Kyuhyun's face. He mentally smirked. Another clue!

"By the way... Hyung, why do we know so many people who can sing? I want that too!" Hyukjae sulked.

"Yah, at least you can dance. That's something that we can't do."

"Hmm, you're right."

"You brat! Why did you agree so easily?" Yesung smacked Hyukjae.

"But it's true!" Hyukjae laughed, avoiding Yesung. "But hyung, have you tried singing a duet with Kyuhyun?"

"Not yet, why?"

"I just think your voices will go well together." Hyukjae shrugged.

Yesung was about to answer when out of nowhere, Ryeowook and Sungmin po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter