Chapter 6

A Leap of Fate

 


Fast forward to Saturday. Your mom went to your room to wake you up.

 

Ji Eun-ssi, wake up now. It's already 10 am. Wake up.”

Umma, I have no classes today.” You winced.

I know. But today is the day.”

 

You then covered yourself with the blanket again and tried to go back to sleep but then your mom still forced you to rise up. No choice again. Then your appa came inside the room.

 

6 pm later darling huh but I will fetch you at 5pm on the parlor. Okay. See you later.”

 

You frowned because you really didn't want to but they kept on forcing you. You then took a bath and prepare yourself. You and your mom went to the mall at around 11: 30 to buy something for your childhood friend. When you arrived there you told your mom that you're hungry and you want to eat but the truth is that you were just making excuses to delay everything since you were really not interested. Your mom agreed so you two decided to find a restaurant.

 

While on Jinyoung's dorm. Someone called on their phone and Baro was the one who answered it. To found out, it's Mrs. Jung. Baro called his Jinyoung hyung but he didn't want to talk to his mom so he told her that he wasn't around. Mrs. Jung told Baro on the line to set the phone on loudspeaker because she knew that Jinyoung was really there and he quickly followed her.

 

Jung Jinyoung. Be here at 3pm for the preparation or else I will call WM University now and file a dropping form for you. Another choice is I will go there later. Don't try to escape.”

 

Baro kept on laughing because of Jinyoung's what-kind-of-life-I-have face while listening to his mom. When she ended the call, Jinyoung was so annoyed and accidentally shouted causing others to get irritated with him.

 

YAH! HYUNG!!! Could you please shut up! If you don't want to go then don't go. It is as easy as that. Ugh.” Sandeul screamed.

If nothing will happen then I have already done that.”

 

Time passed so before 3pm, Jinyoung went to his house because he will go together with his mom and dad. His parents reserved a place on the hotel restaurant. He's so clueless on what will really happen though he's not that interested. His face was like hell. While you, your face still couldn't be painted whil you're on the parlor.

 

Would you like to smile? Ugh.” The make-up artist said.

Ah, mian, Okay.”

 

At exactly 5pm, your already up and your parents came to fetch you on the parlor. You look stunning as ever. You just went directly on the car and ignored their compliments.

 

The Jungs arrived on the hotel restaurant before 5pm.

 

You ready, Jinyoung?” Mrs. Jung asked her son.

No, I'm not interested.” He rolled eyes.

Hey, your attitude.”

Appa, what if I don't like that girl, what shat I do?”

You have no choice.” Jinyoung just woah-ed on what his dad said. Can't believe that it's happening to him without any notice. Really woah.

Don't worry. She is also studying at WM.” Mrs. Jung added.

Mworago?! Ah, umma. I hate this, seriously.” He whined again as he fixed his hair.

Don't act like a kid. It doesn't suit you!” Mrs. Jung gave a death glare to him.

 

On your trip.

 

We're about to get there. You ready Ji Eun-ssi?” Your dad asked you. You just looked at your wallet and trying to figure out who is he now. There's a part of you that you want to know him but the other is, that arrangement is just a waste of time, seriously.

 

He's from WM university also. Maybe, you already saw him but you just don't know that it's him.” Your mom said.

*Oh no. He is a Jung then from WM also. No, not Jinyoung. This is embarassing*

Ugh, Umma. I am nervous.”

We're here. Kaja!!” My dad said.

 

Your parents were the first one to enter then you just followed them. Finally, they met up with the Jungs. You just remained quiet and kept your head down. While Jinyoung just stayed on your seat and didn't bother to greet your parents.

 

OMO. Is that you Ji Eun-ssi? You're really pretty. You remember me?” Mrs. Jung blurted out and you could hear her excited voice after seeing you. You just smiled to them but the truth is no, you couldn't remember a single thing about their family. Jinyoung heard the name Ji Eun but he thought that there are so many Ji Eun in Korea so it's not you. Not.

 

Let's all seat now so our children could meet again. This is great.” She suggested. You hesitated to sit with them. “Hey, Jinyoung. Would you like to give a seat to Ji Eun.” Your eyes widened when you hear the name Jinyoung. This can't be. Should you take a look already or ready yourself first if your instinct is correct or not? You looked to check the guy and..

 

Jinyoung???”

Ye--- Le Ji Eun??”

 

You almost fell of your balance when you found out that it's really Jung Jinyoung. “Ah, excuse us for a while Mr. And Ms. Lee.” Jinyoung dragged you out of the room. You were still in state of shock. “Yeobo? You?” Jinyoung mentioned the way you called each other again when you were kids. You suddenly took out the picture on the wallet and showed it to him.

 

Woah. I still have that picture also. Woah. This can't be.”

Better to go back there, they might think that we escaped. Oh gad, why is this happening Jinyoung.”

 

Then the two of you went back. You felt awkward with his parents.

 

“So you two knew each other?” Mr. Jung asked the two of you.

She's my batchmate with the same course but different section. She's the que---Awww----” You then kicked his leg before he said anything else. “Oh, gwaenchana Jinyoung? What happened.” Mrs. Lee asked him. “It's nothing, Mrs. Lee.” He faked a smile and gave you a death glare. Then your parents started to talk things about you. Your parents made an agreement that the two of you will get married after 6 months after your graduation.

 

WHAT?” You said in chorus.

 

It's final.” Both of your parents replied.

 

You both sighed. Your parents also bought a house for the two of you, a joint business and everything. They prepared everything for the two of you. Your parents both told you that no one should know about this except Jinyoung's friends. After that, your family went home. You didn't talk to your parents all through out the trip because you couldn't believe that they were the one who will make your future and they didn't even care for your feelings if you want that to happen or not.

 

The Jungs went to their home also but then Jinyoung told his parents to dropped him off on his dorm. He was still very disappointed with them. Jinyoung went inside their dorm with his pissed off face.

 

Hyung, what happened?” Baro asked.

Who's the girl?” CNU curiously asked.

Is she pretty?” Gongchan added.

Do you like the girl or you just escaped awhile ago?” Sandeul teased.

 

Jinyoung didn't answer any of their questions.

 

Yah, Jinyoung. Your mind is floating again. Would you like to answer even one of our questions?” CNU hit his head.

I didn't escape, I met the girl and her parents. I just can't believe that she's my childhood friend.”

Huh? Wae? Can't understand, hyung.” Sandeul's eyebrows arched again.

Lee Ji Eun.” Jinyoung uttered your name.

What abou--- wait.. what...She's your childhood friend??” Baro jumped on the couch after saying his conclusion.

Ne.”

Poor guy.” Gongchan shook his head as he whispered.

No, it's not. Ah, I don't know. I'm okay with her but after I found that she's my childhood friend I was like, uh. I don't know..” Jinyoung was so confused on what's really hapenning.

What did your parents say?”

Marriage, 6 months after graduation. Ah, Annoying. I will now sleep maybe I'm just dreaming. Goodnight!”

He headed to their room and just shut eyes. He covered his whole body with his blanket as he think of what situation is he in right now.


 


 


 



 

Their reactions are so epic. I enjoyed writing this chapter. :)