Chapter 2

A Leap of Fate

 


Weeks were passing in a flash. As you made your way inside your building, your books accidentally fell on the ground. You were about to pick it up but then someone pick it up for you. Usually, when these things happen to you, no one will dare to help you because you might just say anything bad on them. But then, there was this brave man who helped you. It was Jung Jinyoung, your batchmate from other section. You just knew him by name, nothing more nothing less.

 

Ah, Kansahamnida. *bows* You're Jinyoung, right? Nice meeting you. I will now go, thanks again.” You smiled as you said your thanks.

Ah, ne. No problem.” Jinyoung smiled at you too.

 

Since that incident, whenever you saw or met Jinyoung, you always greet him. Because of that, Jinyoung realized that you were not what others think of you. He believed that there's still goodness in your heart. Jinyoung told it to his close friends.

 

Believe me, guys. She always greet me whenever she saw me. I don't know why.”

Maybe, it's just fake. Everyone knows the attitude of that girl.” CNU didn't believe what Jinyoung just told them.

Don't be judgmental, guys.” He still go for you.

“ Hyung, we're not being judgemental. We could tell it based on what they have done to other students. Maybe she likes you that's why she's acting like that.” Sandeul explained.

She has a boyfriend. That Lee Jeongmin.”

He's a kingka, right? Wow. Nice tandem.” Gongchan added.

Still, I don't like her hyung whatever you say.” Baro just rolled eyes.

“ Okay, then. Believe what you want to believe.” Jinyoung just got the bad mood because of his friends.

 

The next day, Jeongmin pick you up on your house on going to school then you met up with Youngmin and Da Eun infront of WM University before going inside the school. You all went inside the school together that day. Jeongmin was holding your hand all through out that time. As you were walking on the hallway with Jeongmin and friends, you then saw Jinyoung with Gongchan.

 

Hey, Hi Jinyoung!”

Oh, Ji Eun. Hello.” Jinyoung quickly greeted you.

Going now to your room?”

Aniyo, I will first bring Gongchan on his room.”

Okay then. We're going. BTW, This is Jeongmin, Da Eun and Youngmin.”

Nice meeting you all. Bye.”

 

You then continued walking, going to your classroom.

 

Wae suddenly greeting that guy?” Jeongmin asked you all of sudden.

Ah, that. Last week, he helped me to pick up my books when it accidentally fell on the ground.”

Really, huh?” He just rolled his eyes and looked the opposite side.

Awww. My Lee Jeongmin is jealous. You were so cute.” You pinched both of his cheeks like a little kid.

Hey, stop that. Oh, we're in your room now. Go inside now. Ppyong. Oh by the way, I couldn't bring you home today. Sorry.”

It's okay, it's okay. Go to your room now before all you be late because of me.”

 

You went inside your room, classes started. Kinda boring but you understood every lesson that was taught that day. At last, the bell rang. Dismissal time. You then went out of the room. Unfortunately, you met Lee Shin and Joo Lee. You gave them your death glare, they couldn't do anything but to just kept their head down. You smirked at them as they passed by. You continued to walk home alone. When you arrived home, your mom welcomed you. You hugged and went first to your room to change clothes. After you changed clothes, you then saw an old picture on your room. You smiled when you saw it, it was a picture with your childhood friend. Too bad you couldn't remember that name because you haven't met for so many years. You just put it inside your wallet. You rested first then after you went down to eat. Your dad already came from work. You kissed him and your family started eating.

 

Hey, Ji Eun? Is your school going well? You're gonna graduate in just a few months.” Your mom asked.

“ Ne, umma. To admit, I got bored with some of my professor but I'm doing well with my subjects.”

That's good. And please always remember that even though you are smart and pretty, you should also have a good attitude huh.” Your dad reminded you once again.

 

You just continued eating and didn't react on what your dad told. You felt kinda guilty but then you ignored it. After you ate, you rested for a while then went to sleep. You don't want to study that day.