Chapter 34

A Leap of Fate

 

Early in the morning, Mrs. Jung checked Jinyoung on his room and found out that he wasn't there. She panicked and tried to call him but he didn't answer his phone. Little did she knew, Jinyoung went to Jeongmin's dorm early in the morning. He pressed the doorbell and someone opened the door with an annoyed face. It was Youngmin. He asked where was Jeongmin so he quickly called him.

 

Jeongmin, can we talk?” Jinyoung asked.

This early? Oh. Okay then. Let's go to the rooftop instead.”

 

Jinyoung and Jeongmin went to the rooftop. Jeongmin knew that they will talk about you so he was the one who initiated the conversation.

 

So what about Ji Eun? “

She backed out on our wedding.” He quickly answered and kept his head down. What happened between you and him kept on replying on his head that moment.

Wait? What? Back out? Why?! What happened?”

 

Jinyoung knew that there's a possibility that Jeongmin might punch him or what again but still he chose to say the truth.

 

I cheated on her.”

WHAT? Oh, FCK! JUNG JINYOUNG! What the hell is wrong with you?”

 

He wanted to gave Jinyoung a strong punch but then he realized that he also did it to you that's why he didn't have the right to punch him. Instead, he just punched hard the wall. He was very angry to Jinyoung.

 

Shibal, Jinyoung! I told you not to do what I did to her. I told you that you shouldn't hurt her like what I did before. I warned you.”

It's not what you think. I met my first love few weeks ago and I really miss her. That's why I just spent some time with her. But still, it appears that I cheated on Ji Eun.”

Yes, you cheated on her! I can't believe it.”

But she had a dinner date with you before our grad, right?”

Jinyoung, your reason is very childish. You were not official by that time and you know what I told Ji Eun on our dinner. I told her not to be afraid on what's going to happen. I told her I trust you and she should trust you also. I also told her that you will not hurt her like what I did.”

 

Jinyoung was so speechless and he felt guilty even more. He felt like crying again but he realized what do his tears can do if he won't prove how much he loves you. He didn't know what to do now. Seems like his world stopped when you broke up with him.

 

Go, talk to her parents.”

But I still want to marry her.”

So you know what you should do now.”

 

Jinyoung left Jeongmin's dorm. His mind was still going crazy. He didn't know if he would talk to you or talk to your parents. He then went home first and locked himself on his room again. While you, you woke up around afternoon and not feeling well. Your eyes were really swollen and you almost lost your voice. 

 

Sweetie, You alright?” You just nodded and smiled as your mom asked you.

You look so pale today. What happened?”

Uh. Nothing. I think I'm just sick.””

Yes.”

 

You then stayed on the living room and your mom wondered on your behavior. You looked so sick and always found yourself looking from nowhere. You were trying to control your tears because you think that Jinyoung was not worth of your tears. You even didn't eat breakfast and lunch. Your mom told you that you should go to the doctor immediately but you refused. 


 

Or I'll just tell your doctor to go here?”

No, umma. I'll be okay soon. Don't worry about me. Just relax.”


 

You headed inside your room, opened your laptop and start drafting your resume and started finding if there are jobs open for you. The your mom sneaked in your room and saw what you did so she completely get inside the room.

 

Why are you making a resume?”

Why mom? Is it bad? I'm a graduate now and I should find my career.”

Didn't I tell you that you should do it after a year or after your wedding?”

 

You heard the word “WEDDING” and you mind got crazier. You sighed but then you continued making your resume, trying to ignore what you just heard.

 

Oh someone's calling you? Answer it now.”

Never mind that.”

Why? Oh. It's Jinyoung.”

I said never mind that.”

You don't want to answer, huh? I'll be the one to do it for you.”

 

Then you grabbed your phone from your mom as quickly as possible.

 

Did you have a problem with Jinyoung?”

Me? Huh.......... Aniyo. We're okay. Yeah, we are.”

Then why didn't answer his call?”

 

You didn't know what to answer and think for an alibi.

 

Uh. Ofcourse. Uhm, I. I, I just want him to miss me. Yeah, you know that, umma.” You fakely laughed so she will believe you but you don't know if it's effective.

Oh, really huh? Okay then.”

 

Your mom went out of the room and you knew that she already had a hint on what's happening to you. Then Jinyoung called you again. You got pissed off so you accidentally threw your phone out of anger. 

 

Ji Eun, what's that sound?”

That's nothing, umma. My phone slipped on my hand and it accidentally dropped.”

 

You just stayed on your room the whole day.


 


 


 



 

Please do comment and subscribe. Much appreciated and I would like to have your opinions about my story. :)