Chapter 18

A Leap of Fate

 

Sunday already. Your mom left you a note that morning that they will be in a trip and they will be back maybe in the middle of the week. It's just okay for you since you're old enough to be independent. Then on the afternoon of that day, it started to rain very hard. You were scared because of the thunder and lightning plus you were alone. Since you were a kid, you really don't like when it's raining very hard. It scares the out of you when the thunder roars and the lightning that is striking like forever. You didn't know why but you decided to call Jinyoung.

 

Jinyoung?”

Uh, Ji Eun? Wae?”

I'm scared...” You said with a low voice.

Oh, wae? What happened?”

The rain, it's very strong. The lightning and thunder.”

Omo. But where are they?” He worriedly asked you.

 

You told him what's on the note of your mom.

 

So you're alone??”

Yeah.”

Do you want me to go there? Stay with you? I'm free.”

No-no. Just talk to me thru the phone. I'm okay with this.”

 

And Jinyoung did what you said. He just entertained you while telling some stories on the phone. But on the middle of your conversation, the rain poured harder and the thunder roared non-stop. The electricity went down. “Omona! Brown out.” Your voice was like about to cry. “Ji Eun-ssi? Wae?” “No electric-----” Too bad your phone's battery ran down. You don't know what to do. Jinyoung got so worried when the call suddenly ended. So he needed to go to your house even it was raining very hard just to check if you're okay. He then told B1A4 that he'll going to your place. It was just okay for them. While you just hid under your blanket, covering your ears and crying. At last, Jinyoung came. You hugged him quickly because of fear.

 

The school staff texted all WM students that there will be no classes tomorrow because of the bad weather. You want me to stay here tonight?”

Aniyo, it's okay. You may go home when the thunder stopped.”

Okay, then. I'll just go down to get you some food and water.”

Hey, don't leave me here. I'm scared.”

Okay, okay. Just come with me. Put my earphones on and play some music so you won't hear anything from the outside.”

 

When you were going downstairs, you slipped on the stairs. Good thing, Jinyoung immediately hold you. You thought that you will going to die just because of your stupidity. When the night came, the rain was still pouring very hard. You were still scared to sleep alone on your house. You regret now why your parents didn't let you join their trip.

 

Yeobo?”

Mwo? What did you just call me?” Jinyoung laughed on the way you called him.

Ah, huh? I said Jinyoung. Why?”

Liar. Then what it is?”

Please stay here tonight. There still no electricity or if you like, stay here until I fall asleep. Please. I'm sorry if I decline your offer awhile ago. I thought the rain will stop before night came.” With head down, you said him this things.

See? Haha. Okay, I will stay here until you woke up tomorrow.”

 

You just shared some stories while you tried to catch your sleep. Then Jinyoung suddenly talked about the marriage. You suddenly felt nervous instead of annoyance.

 

Yeobo?~” He uttered.

Ne?”

Did you already accepted our fate? You know what I mean? Or you still don't want to marry me?”

 

An awkward silence was brought on the atmosphere on your room. But then, “I will ask you that question. Yeobo, do you want to marry me and just follow what our parents decided for us?” Jinyoung also couldn't answer but the truth is that, he wanted to marry you not because his parents told so but because he loves you already. If course, he couldn't say that kind of things now so he just didn't answer. “ See? Even you, you couldn't answer. We're just the same. I'm still in the process of accepting it but I really don't know. It's very confusing.” Then you laid down on your bed and didn't face him. You kept on thinking of your recent conversation. Why does he suddenly opened up that topic? You just thought...

 

*If you just know, Jinyoung. I already accepted our fate. I'm okay with this but it's just that.... I don't know. It will still be like, we just followed our parent's decision for us. It's very hard Jinyoung.* Goodnight, Jinyoung~

 

You then closed your eyes and tried to sleep. Hours passed, you really couldn't sleep. You opened your phone and looked for someone that you could send message. You chose Da Eun.

 

To: Da Eun

Da Eun~ You still up?

 

Before you send the message, Jinyoung took away your phone. You thought that he's already asleep but not.

 

Sleep now!”

Ne.”

 

No choice but force yourself to sleep.