6th shadow

In the shadows...

 

MISSION V

 

Wake up. Exercise. Shower. Eat. Complete the tasks assigned to you. Sleep. Those were the motions repeated every day. There was no change. Each day was awfully similar to the one before. Only the tasks varied. Yet, from time to time there was something different scheduled. Something that didn't happen often but when it did, it broke the repetitive cycle of similarity. This was the life of someone.

 

He was the number 1. Code name: SG. Identity: Kim Sunggyu. Age: 26.

Member of Infinite. Speciality: Intelligence Analysis.

 

His mission for today was fairly simple. He was the first brain, well actually he was the very first member of the whole unit, i.e. the oldest. However, age didn't matter here. Afterall, it's just a number. It doesn't equal your level of intelligence nor maturity. Sunggyu was in charge of planning. He gathered the information from others and then formed the best plan of action according to the probablity of success and risks assessment. 

 

His analysis could be divided into operational and strategic. Operational were needed on day-to-day basis. They had to be completed fast and dealt with one particular mission. Strategic were long-term analysis of more missions analyzed together. It was used with more complex cases when the outcome wasn't strictly to eliminate someone but there was another aim hidden in the background. 

 

At the moment, Sunggyu received information from another brain member asking for assistance. He run the programs, typed in the details and compared the charts and grafs. In his intelligent mind, the numbers were already running, the possibilities already weighed against each other. He was done within two hours and send it back to the other member.

 

He was supposed to sleep afterwards but his messanger beeped. Could it be another mission? He looked at it and his heart skipped a beat. Number 3 was asking for him. The one special thing in his life. The one that could make his day different from the rest. He had no preferences, no taste, no feelings but number 3 was his world. The one and only, that made his heart beat fast and made him feel alive. 

 

They were scheduled to meet in one hour. Sunggyu would feel excited if he was allowed to. However, this meeting was rushed and his brain couldn't stop his first instinct. He went over the reasons why would they allow them to meet so soon and it seemed number 3 was in trouble. If he failed the mission, they would punish Sunggyu but the meeting was not one of the punitive ones, therefore something happened that required number 3 to ask for him. He would never admit it aloud but he was worried about the other.

 

Sunggyu went to take a shower and style his hair. It was stupid. Totally unnecessary and vain. However, he couldn't see Woohyun often. On the rare occasions they could be together, he wanted to present himself in the best way possible. So he made an effort to look nice and then left his building, heading towards the one made only for the two of them.

 

to be continued