1st shadow

In the shadows...

 

Introduction

 

In the year far in the future, when the tension between South and North reached a whole new level a top secret unit was made. They wanted an elite spies. Someone who wouldn't betray no matter what but was still capable of doing all those horrible things that only psychopaths do. Asians are known to be extremely smart so it wasn't even a big surprise that they decided to create those spies. Afterall, you never know a person. Everyone can change, everyone can lie, everyone can pretend. So the government conducted a secret research and broke all international conventions on human rights. They modified the genes in the lab, using only the superior ones and created a DNA that fitted their needs. 

 

Fast. Strong. Intelligent. Attractive. The superior beings. The only problem was loyalty. They could kill of their humans needs, their instincts but how to make them obey? How to be sure, absolutely sure that they would never betray their country? It took them a long time to figure out such a simple question. What's the most basic instinct every living form has? Reproduction. Everyone needs someone and that was their answer. They made them in pairs. The only thing they would ever need in their lives was their significant other. They killed off their hunger, thirst, need to sleep... They still had to maintain eating, drinking, sleeping to function properly but they didn't feel they needed to

 

That's how Infinite came into the world. They were divided into two teams. The action ones, they were in charge of carrying out the tasks in the field. Usually meaning, elliminating someone. The second team were the brain ones, they provided support from the headquarters. They were the hackers, the minds that made the plans how to carry out the missions... and they were also the leverage. The pairs were made out of one action team member and one brain team member so everytime the action team member left, they could be sure he would come back and carry out his mission perfectly because if not, it would be his partner who would had to suffer the consenquences. As evil as it sounds, it worked. Perfectly. Almost.

 

It took such a long time to made them that by the time the project was in use, there was no longer a need for the spies. South and North signed a piece treaty, they united and so the government had to decide what to do with this. They invested millions, hundreds of millions and it would be a waste to just get rid of it all. Originally, they were supposed to create 8 members of the ellite team but at the time the decission was made only 7 of them were born. They were troubled whether to let the seventh one live but fortunately he was one of the brains, therefore he could be kept under constant supervision. He would not have been so lucky if he was in the other team. 

 

The project Infinite was a success. The seven members were raised in the special institutions, trained to be the perfect soldiers, the perfect weapons. Their purpose changed from being spies to being tools in the hands of those in power. If they needed to take care of certain things illegally, that's when the Infinite members would make their wishes come true. Without a trace. 

 

This is a story about those members. Born without a name. Marked with a serial number as if they weren't humans but just things. Who are they? Or should we ask what are they? They were capable of killing their target within 5 seconds when they were only seven years old. They could solve math eqautions in their heads instantly. They were lethal. And they were real.

 

to be continued