3rd shadow

In the shadows...

 

MISSION II

 

It was chilly outside. The weather a little crazy. A strong wind was blowing but it didn't rain. However, the temperature at the headquarters was always the same and there were no windows so unless you checked the forecast or the footage of the security cameras, you wouldn't even know which season it was.

 

A man dressed all in black was currently looking outside through the security camera. It fascinated him how everything was moving due to the strong wind. He suddenly wished he could feel it on his face. He shook his head. That was a wrong thing to think. He shouldn't have any desires... But... he felt bored. Was that even possible? There was nothing for him to do. He had already finished his task but he wasn't scheduled to go sleeping yet. 

 

He was the number 2. Code name: D. Identity: Jang Dongwoo. Age: 24.

Member of Infinite. Speciality: Hacking.

 

Ah. He wasn't sure if he was able to tell what he liked and disliked but 0 and 1 felt right. Simple. When his fingers moved on the keyboard, it was as if he was playing a melody. He was still starring through the camera when his messanger beeped. That could mean only one thing. A sudden mission. He looked at the text. 

 

Whoever was their boss, he only sent the messages. They had never met him or talked to him. Sometimes "the caretakers" would give them the missions but most of the time, they would be informed through their messangers. Dongwoo sighed. A name and a picture. That's what he got. But that's all he needed.

 

He started typing codes faster than you can blink. In a few minutes, he knew everything about that woman. Her birth, her family, her school records, her credit card bills. He knew which places she visited, what she bought and most of the time even who she was with. However, the most important thing was, he knew her IP address and that's where he started. Who says you can only kill personally?

 

She was a SNS addict. She posted like a hundred pictures per day. Do you know what such people fear the most? Online bullying. They do it because they seek attention, they want to feel popular so when the likes turn to dislikes, that's when it all crumbles down.

 

Dongwoo had to be patient. His killing method wasn't as fast as others but he was still brilliant. And probably the most evil one but then again... Evil is evil. It doesn't matter if you are less bad or more bad. You are still bad. Dongwoo sent the information he found to the other three brain members. He got the responses within two hours. Fast and efficient. He smirked and started his work.

 

First step: Unfollowing and dislikes.

Second step: Hurtful comments.

Time to complete the steps to achieve best results: 2 weeks.

 

Two weeks. It's just long enough. The whole time, she was stressed and depressed. Her online image was destroyed. Her identity lost. What was she gonna do?

That was the time for the final strike.

 

The step three: plant an idea.

 

It was late and she was drunk when she started to get the messages.

You are nothing.

Why don't you just kill yourself?

Why are you still here?

Do you like yourself?

 

And the final one.

 

IT TAKES ONLY A MOMENT TO DIE.

 

She laughed and jumped out of her window. Spreading her arms as if she believed she would fly. She didn't. It was an instant death. Dongwoo saw it all through the security camera. He waited for the report to arrive and then went to sleep. He didn't sleep much for the two weeks his mission was in progress.  Now he needed to restore his energy. Or at least, that's what he was scheduled to do.

 

to be continued