Chapter 7

The 12 bunnies

Grace POV:

I woke up with a groan and I stretched my body...

Wait? When did I fall asleep? And where am I?!

I looked around cautiously. Why is it dark?

“Hello?” I called nervously.

“Hyung! She's awake!” I recognized that voice as Chanyeol and I calmed my nerves down.

“Grace! Good morning, you fell asleep on us last night, so we let you share with Tao on the bed.” Suho spoke through the darkness.

“Good morning, I guess the others are up save Tao? I have just felt him next to me.”

“Yes the others are up and Kyungsoo started making breakfast. The person who just left the room to get me was Chanyeol and he just went to go get food. Xiumin hyung, Kris hyung, Lu Han hyung and Chen are eating in rabbit forms so we could save food for a later date... And so there would be enough for you.”

I groaned and struggled blindly for a light switch. Suho came over and flicked the switch with no struggle.

“How can you see in this light? I can not see a thing.”

“We can temporarily change some of our senses to suit the animal we wish, which is limited to wolves and rabbits and I am using my wolf eyesight because they have the best night vision out of the two.”

“Makes sense,” I nodded to his explanation. “Ok then, give me seven and I will be down for whatever is left over... And I hope there will be some.”

“Ok, see you in a moment.” And I heard Suho leave the room.

Time to get dressed.

 

EXO POV:

Suho came down in time to see Kyungsoo threatening the maknae with a fork as Sehun tried to inch towards the plate on the side filled with food.

“What is going on here?” Suho ordered and Sehun instantly slipped away from Kyungsoo.

“This brat here is trying to take some food off Grace's plate. I made in specially for her and then different food for the others, but this brat is still complaining that he is hungry and 'that food was not enough, it didn't fill me like Grace's cooking did'. I agree it is not a good as Graces, however this food on this plate belongs to Grace and only Grace. Until I have handed it to her, no one should go near it!” Kyungsoo ended with his eyes turning yellow and with a growl.

“Kyungsoo, calm down. I know you're trying to do the right thing, but this is a little overboard.”

Kyungsoo's head dropped dejectedly.

“Sorry hyung.”

Suho then turned to Sehun.

“You should know not to take form others plates unless given permission. I thought you knew better than to steal from others. If you ask Grace when she comes down, she may share with you, but I think you deserve to. Next time Grace goes out and says we can go, I will make sure that you are not going to be one of the chosen to go, got it? Also, apologize to your brother, he went through the trouble to make sure you have food in your stomach, 'don't bit the hand that feeds', and literally for this moment, ok?”

Sehun's head dropped at the hard tone in Suho's voice.

“Ne Hyung, sorry Kyungsoo hyung, I meant no offence.”Kyungsoo nodded and Suho brightened again.

The other members shivered.

Scary leader.

They heard a groan and all of the members turned around. Grace stood in the doorway in a t-shirt and jeans, stretching her hands above her head.

“Morning guys, what's going on? I heard intense conversation.”

The guys couldn't help but chuckle at the phrased words.

“When does someone have an 'intense conversation'? Wouldn't that be yelling or loud whispering?” Kai asked, confused.

“I have my own way of saying things, and no one was yelling, but no one was whispering when I came in, but I could feel the vibes of anger through one of you, I'm guessing Suho because, and I apologize for my next words, but you look as though you are blushing, but I know for a fact you're not.”

Suho really did blush then, but in embarrassment.

“I apologize, Sehun over here was being a 'brat' as the others put it and as one of the leaders of this so called troop, I must make sure they are all being behaved.”

Grace nodded.

“Makes sense. So,” She changed the subject. “May I ask where the so called food that was left for me is?”

Kyungsoo disappeared to return with a plate piled with food.

“Wow Kyungsoo! That is more than enough. I am sorry, but I do not think I can eat all of that. But it does look delicious.”

Kyungsoo blushed.

“I am sorry Grace, I forgot you were human as my brothers have very large appetites and I usually only cook for my brothers-”

“Kyungsoo, It does not matter. What I don't eat, I will take with me to school and eat for lunch, so this excellent looking meal will not go to waste, I am guessing that you have all eaten, right?”

The boys nodded and Grace took the plate from Kyungsoo with a grin.

“I eat well!” (A Japanese term, but I am unsure if it is also used in Korea) Grace spoke before digging in with large spoonfuls.

“This is really good Kyungsoo, thank you for the food.”

Kyungsoo's grin brightened the whole room, making the members question who actually had the light powers.

With a large grin, Grace ate half the plate.

“Thank you Kyungsoo for the excellent food. I will go put this is a container then I shall be on my way to school.”

“Can we go with you?” Baekhyun asked.

He didn't know what happened in this thing called 'school', only that from books he had read, teachers are cruel to the people they see as brainy, and only look up to the people who looked cool and ad no brains whatsoever and you have to do something called 'learning'. He didn't like the sound of that and just wanted Grace to stay home with them where she could make her delicious food and they could look after her with Kyungsoo feeding her and... and... make her their mate-

Now hold up Bacon, no has said anything about that and I don't think Grace would appreciate 11 idiots and me around her as those. Shush Bacon, get rid of those thoughts and-

OWW! WHAT HIT THIS BEAUTIFUL HEAD, I DEMAND TO SEE!!!

Baekhyun looked up to the flaming eyes of mama Su.

“I think I need to run.” Baekhyun thought before backing and sprinting to hide with Tao (Suho wouldn't dare disturb one of the maknaes sleep time, especially since he is injured).

As Baekhyun hid under the covers, he heard the door open and fully expected Suho to come hitting him with a magical knife of some kind to stab him for his idiocity (Baekhyun denies his thoughts, saying it was a awesome idea).

A hand on his head caused him to flinch.

“Baekhyun,” He visibly relaxed when he realized it was Grace. Grace would save him.

“I'm sorry, but I can not take you with me. I have to go and learn, but I will be back in a few hours, it's basically waiting for me to get home with the shopping like yesterday. You waited that long, can you do it for today? For me?”

Baekhyun already hated himself for how weak he was to Grace’s voice and nodded quickly.

“How about when I get home, I'll make you an ice cream? Just so you will be happy for when I get home.”

Now Baekhyun nodded vigorously. He liked ice cream. He liked Grace, so both would be the best. Grace stod and walked out the room.

“Right, I will be going, be good everyone and listen to your hyungs.”

Grace was about to leave when Kris felt a strong need to grab her wrist.

“Wait! It's too dangerous to go out alone.”

Grace looked questioningly at Kris and Kris felt at loss for words. Xiumin decided to step in.

“Kris is right. Our old owners know where we are, so may try to use you to get us back to them. How about two of us drop you off, just so we know you are safe.”

Grace nodded and Xiumin grabbed Kris before pushing the other two out the door.

“Me and Kris will be back soon!” Xiumin yelled, grabbed to keys and locked the door on the others.

“Wasn't that a little mean?” Grace asked.

“Would you like to be late with them arguing who should go?” Xiumin shot a little sharply.

“Hey, chill. I understand, and I agree with you slightly.” Grace kept neutral, not showing how much that comment hurt her.

Xiumin noticed and apologized.

“I'm sorry, I am a little worried for my brothers and now you, the one person who has shown us true kindness apart from between me and my brothers. We are all grateful for that, yet it gives us another amount of pressure on our shoulders to carry.”

Grace tiptoed and rested her hand on his shoulder.

“I still may be a little confused about what is actually going on, but I wish to help. Whenever any of you can not handle the pressure, give some to me. I may not be able to carry much, but just a little to have been taken off your shoulders is better then nothing, right? That goes for you too Kris, and for all your brothers, I want everyone to be happy and I want to help anyway I can.”

Xiumin and Kris nodded and Grace smiled.

“Right, lets hurry before I am late!”

And the men followed the quick footed female to this so called 'school'.

###

The two looked in awe at the large building in front of them.

How can something be so big, yet be a normal part of human life!?

Grace coughed and the men turned their attention to her.

“This is where we part, I can give you guys hugs if you want me to, then I shall see you later.”

“How are you going to get home?” Kris questioned.

“I shall walk myself back, not to worry. When we are more comfortable with the journey, you can walk me home, but only if it does not cause any more stress to fall onto you. You guys may be some of the oldest, but it does not mean you should take more stress than the other, ok?”

They nodded and hugged her each tightly.

A female human walked by and whispered.

“Ssssllluuuttt...”

Both males were confused, what does mean? It doesn't sound nice, and why was it directed at them?

“Grace, want does mean?” Kris asked. “A female just walked by and said it in our direction.”

Grace waved them off.

“Just a mean nickname some people gave to me. I don't care about it, see you guys at home.”

They nodded slowly and watched her walk inside before turning to walk home.

###

The two men entered the house and went straight to Suho, who knew most about human words.

“Hey hyungs, did Grace get to school ok?”

They nodded, but something in their stances made Suho turn his motherly instinct on.

“What happened?”

“Grace hugged us and a female walked by and whispered in our direction. Grace just said it was a mean nickname, but does it acually mean?”

Suho's fce fell.

“It usually means a woman who has many casual ual partners, usually said in the olden days as promiscuous.

“But Grace has never had any , you can smell it on her scent.”

“So it could either mean that it was just a friend, or a bully.”

The three faces turned grave at the thought.

###

Grace watched the time with excitement.

She couldn't wait to go home and see the boys again,and give Baekhyun the ice cream that she promised.

BBBRRRIIINNGGG!

Grace leapt up and out of the classroom, aiming straight for the main doors, jumping feet and legs in her way.

She ran straight out the school and straight for the alley that lead her home.

On the way, she heard people yelling to clear the road.

She slowed and turned out the alley onto the main road, where a crowd seem to be gathering on the edges.

A box lay in the centre of the road, looking old and empty, so Grace started to turn and walk away; when it moved.

Her eyes widened and looked both ways across the road before making a dash for the box.

BBBEEEEEEPPP

Well that doesn't sound good.

Thought Grace as she curled around the box to protect the thing inside from the large truck speeding it's way towards them.

 

 

Please, feel free to hate me for this :) Had one edit, any other mistakes, feel free to tell me :)

My cello exam is done!! Complete!! Finished!! And I am now on the 6 weeks holiday, so hopefully more updates (who am I kidding?!)

Thank you everyone for your subscriptions who have not got a thank you from me on your wall posts (you know who you are), as I said, I was practicing for my cello exam, so everyhting got put behind to the point I could not remember who I had thanked or not... And apology for that.

Please feel free to check out my other stories (hopefully they would be just as interesting as this... Or not).

Speak to me! I like conversations. Spend me something in the comments, a friend request, or just start talking about the weather (or K-pop, whatever floats your boat).

Stay sane everyone! :)