Chapter 4

The 12 bunnies

Grace POV

 

This is really akward, having seven males and four rabbits popping up everywhere and at random times.

“OK! Breakfast!”

I heard the shuffle of feet and the men came into the kitchen.

I pointed out my little table and chairs, then regretted it.

“I think we may need to space out into the lounge?” I said and quickly grabbed plates to fill.

 

Soon, we were all scattered throughout my apartment, some on the couch, some on the floor and moving into the kitchen where three men were sat at the table and the bunnies munching on the floor with food in bowels. I was perched on the island, eating bacon from my lap (not the most graceful, but hey, it's food).

“This is tasty!” one of the males pipped up.

“Thank you Chen, but I just cooked it, nothing special.” I smiled.

He looked surprised.

“What's wrong?”

He shook his head.

“Nothing, just surprised that you remembered my name out of all twelve of us.”

I smiled.

“It's easy for me. I can just remember certain features of different people and animals.”

He nodded and continued eating.

The phone rang.

“I'll get it. Please stay quiet and I will be back in a moment.”

I went and picked the phone up in the hallway.

“Hello?” I questioned into the phone.

“Hello Grace where THE HELL ARE YOU?! SCHOOL STARTED AN HOUR AGO!”

I winched.

“Hello Miss Forest... I'm taking the day off, I told the school fifteen minutes ago.”

“Yes, but you didn't state why.”

“To revise the next test, I collected the homework yesterday from the teachers today, which- as always- will be completed tomorrow.”

“But you need to come i-”

“Goodbye Miss Forest, I have other things to do. I hope you enjoy your day.” And I put the phone down on her.

I turned and went to sit back on the counter top.

“Why did you do that?” Lay asked quietly.

“Because I'm allowed to usually due to... circumstances. And anyway, I need to get you guys clothing. I can't have people coming round and finding guys in towels walking around.”

“Can we come with you?!” Chanyeol asked excitedly.

I thought for a moment.

“You can, however you will probably have to go as a rabbit, and I can not take all of you, three at most.”

Chanyeol turned to Kris.

He turned to me.

“You sure? Some of these lot are a bit rowdy, no matter what you say.”

I shrugged.

“Go for it. Decide between yourselves which three are going, then let me know. We leave in ten.”

10 minutes later ###

I had two bags. An empty one to fill with clothes and groceries, and the other filled with three rabbits with the names of Chanyeol, Lay and Kyungsoo all looking up at me with excitement.

Kris was speaking to them and giving them rules.

“Don't cause any trouble. Don't leave the bag. Don't show yourselves. Don't-”

“Kris,” I started.

He looked at me.

“Don't worry, I will tell them what's right or wrong while they are out. If they don't follow what I say, I won't take them out again and I'll leave them at home cleaning pipes or something I haven't done that needs doing. Just relax and explore the apartment with your brothers. I've left water out in bowels if you're thirsty and there is some food in the top right shelf for you all. Don't touch the stove or oven while I'm out, just eat the dry food, I'm going out for some extra food anyway. Ok?”

He nodded, but still looked worried.

“I can already tell Lay and Kyungsoo are calm rabbits and Chanyeol looks like a strange puppy/ rabbit who wants to please everyone. Just relax.”

He nodded again and the creases in his forehead straightened out.

 

I picked up both bags, then remembered one more thing.

“Also, don't open the door or pick up the phone. Make sure all of them know that.”

He nodded one more time.

“Right, I'll be going. See you all later.” I yelled into the apartment.

I got some muffled goodbyes back, then I left with three rabbits hidden in a bag.

 

###

2 hours later...

 

“Would this fit Chen?” I whispered to Lay as I held a black polo shirt in front of me.

I looked at him and he shook his head.

“Bigger?”

Shake.

“Smaller?”

Nod.

“Next one down?”

Nod.

“Ok, thanks Lay.”

He nuzzled my my arm and we headed to the checkouts.

I quickly paid and smiled as the cashier gushed over Lay and Kyungsoo as their heads popped out the bag, curiously watching the items of clothing go into the other bag.

We headed out and I looked down at the three rabbits.

“You wanna have a look around in human? We can find a rest room for you three to get changed?”

They nodded excitedly and I walked over to the the rest rooms.

I handed two pieces of clothing to Chanyeol as Lay snuck in to see if it was clear.

Lay came out with a nod, then Chanyeol walked in.

He came out again and I handed him shoes, then more clothing as he walked back in with Kyungsoo and Lay at his heels.

5 minutes later, they came out dressed in casual clothing (Chanyeol wearing a black t-shirt and jeans with red nikes, Kyungsoo wearing blue t-shirt, khaki shorts with black basketball shoes and Lay wearing a white polo with black skinny jeans and white high tops).

They thanked me for the clothing and I smiled, then said.

“Now you can help me with the food.”

 

It took us another thirty minutes to collect all the food, find more bags and give bags to each other fairly before getting back to the apartment.

I unlocked the door and was greeted with the smell of smoke.

“What did they do?” I said out loud.

 

Yay! I updated! Sorry for the wait, I had to revise most of the time for a few test coming up next week. I hope you all enjoyed this update an feel free to comment on what you think may happen next (I'm saying nothing...).

Chapter 5 is underway (I'm on holiday with no wifi for 5 days, so there may be a long wait, but I'll do a longer chapter as an apology).

Peace out!  :D