The Mall

A Secret Admirer

It was afternoon when he arrived at the mall. He had 4 hours left till his date with Jonghyun ‘ 4 hours is not enough!’ he thought and immediately walked to a shop, that he found interesting. The shop he walked in was a shop for men who were around his age. He was looking around to find some nice clothes, but he only found a leather jacket that would look good on Jonghyun and not on him. ‘mmm I already can imagine Jonghyun wearing this jacket, it will look y on him’ he thought and maybe he should buy it for Jonghyun, but he just passed the idea and put the leather jacket back from where he grabbed it. ‘omo how am I going to find something interesting!’ he thought and was looking through the clothes with hurry. he didn’t notice that someone was coming into the store.

“oppa, that would look good on you” a girl said in English which voice sounded familiar to him. When he turned around he saw the girl  and the person next to her. He tried to hide for the person who just came in and hid behind a mannequin.

she pointed at the leather jacket he gripped earlier. “you have a good taste Beyza!” Jonghyun said, he gave her a thumb and she smiled. he felt jealous and wanted to scream that Beyza should stay away from Jonghyun. ‘wait no! I shouldn’t care about that, they are just friends, right?, nevermind’ he saw Jonghyun walking to the spot where he saw the leather jacket. He put the leather jacket on and he was right. the jacket looked  great and y on him ! He thought that if Jonghyun wasn't going to buy the leather jacket, he would do it for him. ‘please, please, please, please buy it!’ he prayed and hoped he did. “I’m going to buy this jacket!, Key would love it!” Jonghyun said and Beyza agreed.

 

‘wait… did I just heard, Jonghyun mentioning my name???’

 

“I’m sure he would love it!” Beyza said and they walked to the cash register. When they were paying, he ran away from the store but he bumped into someone.

“ouch!” he said and tried to stand up. “I’m so sorry!!! I was dreaming about fried chicken that I didn’t see you coming! are you all right?” the person said and helped him. He had now a clear sight of the man in front of him. “Key?”  the person asked which he recognized as Onew. “Onew hyung what are you doing here?” he asked while rubbing his head. “I was going to the KFC! Do you want to join me? Actually he was quite hungry and he had enough time, So he decided to join Onew. They walked to the KFC and Onew of course knew which direction it was. “can we have 18 fried chicken” Onew said with excitement  (a/n: so delicious!) “yes, that’s 8,46 dollars” the girl behind the cash register said and they paid. They were waiting for their fried chicken when he saw something. ‘IS THAT MINHO!?’ he looked closer at the person behind a cash register. ‘NOO! It’s really him!, since when does he work here?’ Minho was smiling to a client and was wearing a KFC hat. ‘that .. he didn’t tell me anything!, oh wait Minho don’ think  when you get home that I will pretend that I never saw you here’

 

They got their meal and he was still glaring at Minho. “are you coming” Onew asked and tried to find a table. “yes I coming” And he walked towards the table, that  Onew just found. they sat on the table and they began eating their fried chicken. “this is delicious!” Onew said while eating his chicken (a/n: imagine Onew eating chicken) “of course it is Onew hyung, so you only came to eat chicken?” he asked and enjoyed his chicken. “yeah of course! You know I love chicken. ‘oh hyung how  can I not know’

 

“what were you doing in the mall? , let me guess… shopping!”  Onew asked while he was eating his 4th fried chicken. “yes I was shopping” he thought of he should tell him about Jonghyun again? Onew already gave him answer but why would he believe a man who only eats chicken. ‘should I tell him? Maybe he will give me another answer?’ “hyung” he asked and stopped with eating his fried chicken. “yeah, Key” Onew replied and looked at Key who was expressionless. “you know Jonghyun… asked me t-to go to the cinema… he said that it was a date……. That’s why I was buying new clothes” Onew looked shocked in his opinion. “why are you looking like that?” Key asked. He couldn’t read Onews expression it was mix between shocked and happy. There was a silence and finally Onew put his chicken down and said the following words “I think that, that Jonghyun guy…. Likes you”

 

 

 

 

 

‘no way...’

 

 

 

 

 

 

“no way hyung!” he stood up and looked at Onew. “he just means it in a friendship way” and sat down. “then why would a friend ask his friend on a date?” Onew asked and made that “-I’ m-right” face. “well… because… ‘damn he was right… think Key , think!’ and a reason plopped in his head. “well because he didn’t want to go alone to the movie and just made fun that it was a date” yep that was his almighty key reason. “then why would a handsome guy like Jonghyun ask a guy if he could ask a girl with his looks?” Onew asked with crossed arms. ‘ugh I should have never argued with Onew… but he had a point… he could ask Beyza’ he thought and came up with another reason. “because it’s a movie for men, nevermind hyung just let’s go  eat-“ he saw that Onew ate all the chicken. “ing”

 

 

“sorry, I was hungry” was the only sentence that came from Onews mouth. “it’s okay, hyung I’m going to continue shopping  and he looked at his clock. OMG I HAVE 3 HOURS LEFT! Sorry hyung I need to hurry up! Bye” and ran away “bye” Onew said but he didn’t hear him because he was already in the nearest shop he could find.

 

 

After a hour he found something nice and decided to go home, to take a shower and of course to punish Minho.

 

 

 

 

*click*

 

And the door was opened. He saw Minho looking exhausted lying on the couch. ‘your dead comes sooner than you thought Minho’ 

 

“I’m home!” he said and made a fabulous dance. “I know you are excited because of your date hyung but can you please be quite!” Minho asked irritated. “no! not because of what I saw today! I know why you are exhausted!”  and he pointed at Minho. “the hell are you talking about? I’m not exhausted”

 

“Nice acting Minho but I know what I saw today while I was eating KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN with Onew!!!!” he said the 3 words loud and he knew that Minho thought ‘’. He saw Minho standing up from the couch. “I can explain” Minho said and begged that he would listen to him. “well I hope you come with a good reason afterwards I took a shower!” Key said and walked upstairs to the bathroom. He locked the bathroom, took his clothes off and stepped in the shower. He began washing his hair with shampoo that smelled like strawberries and thought of what happened in the mall.

  • He saw Jonghyun with Beyza, and Jonghyun hearing saying his name
  • He bumped into Onew, joined Onew to go eating fried chicken and argued about Jonghyun.
  • He discovered that Minho worked at KFC

 

‘Beyza said that she was just a friend of Jonghyun… was she lying? I mean they looked like a couple until Jonghyun said my name…was he also buying new clothes for the date? ’ it could be an option he thought. But why did he ask Beyza to help him? He didn’t know the answer but something played between them and he didn’t like it. He felt jealously coming up, which he shouldn’t feel. ‘it’s because he is my friend and I saw him with a nice girl like Beyza and they were shopping which I wanted to do with Jonghyun and that’s why I’m jealous!’ yes that’s his reason. And he continued showering without worrying.

 

After showering he applied his make-up and wore the outfit he bought today. He bought red skinny jeans, a dark blue blazer and a normal white t-shirt. He looked once more in the mirror if everything looked good and headed downstairs. It was 7: 50 PM and he had 10  minutes left till Jonghyun came. He waited and suddenly he heard the bell ring. He heard Minho  “have fun, you two” screaming out of his room. He ignored it and opened the door. There stood Jonghyun with the leather jacket he bought today and his face was smiling. actually he had to hear Minho's reason but he forgot everything because of Jonghyun who was smiling at him

 

“Hi Key, shall we go?” Jonghyun asked and smiled. Key nodded and they left.