fin5

A Sentiment: Closure

 

 

Luhan was an intern when met Minseok. He was young and full of hope, he will become a doctor.

It was Thursday morning when the information sheet about the assigned patient for interns was released. His paper written

 

Name: Kim Minseok

Age: 25                              

Medical condition: Terminal Lung Cancer.

 

‘He’s too young but already dying’ Luhan thought.

When he arrived at his patient’s room, there’s no one there. When he asked nurse Jongdae, the one he will take over in taking care of the patient, the nurse informed that Kim Minseok always leave this hour to visit the Juvenile patient section.  He waited for Minseok in his room, he didn’t expect that waiting for his patient will be this long, well, he fell asleep.

When he woke up, there’s a man sitting by the window, reading some hard cover book. He has this beautiful cat-like eyes and full cheeks, he was very pale, but still… beautiful.

The man looked at him in surprised. “Oh, I’m sorry, did I wake you up? I was sure I didn’t create too much noise.”

All that registered in Luhan’s brain is the man has very very cute teeth and beautiful boyish voice.

 

___.

 

Luhan developed feelings to his patient, too fast, almost instantly. How could he not? Minseok is funny, smart, attentive, lively and full of hope… everything you won’t expect to a dying man.

Minseok likes to watch through his window. He likes watching the kids play soccer on the field right across the hospital. He likes counting red cars that passes by. He likes the color of the sunset and love the color of the sunrise.

But Minseok is on terminal case, hopeless to medical circle, just like Luhan as he fall in love with him.

 

___.

 

“You can’t like me, Lu! You know that I’m dying.” Minseok shouted when Luhan confess.

“Aren’t we all dying?” Luhan reasoned as he reached out for Minseok’s hand.

“That isn’t it, Luhan I’m dying. I may die next week, or tomorrow, or tonight. You can’t fall on a dying man.” Minseok cried. Luhan hates those tears so he kissed it away.

“Even before I met you, I know that. And I prepared myself. I just want to show you as long as you’re here that I love you, so please, let me.”

Minseok pressed his face on Luhan’s chest as he cried while Luhan embrace him with his breaking heart.

“You’ll get hurt” Minseok mumbles between his sobs.

“I know.” And there’s Luhan to kiss his tears away.

 

___.

 

“Please send the doctor! Please hurry!” Luhan shouted on the transmitter.

He was panicking, terrified.

Minseok was shouting in pain, almost howling.

“Where’s the ing doctor?!” he shouted as he pulled his hair.

He ran to Minseok when the man he love started to puke.

“Oh God, Minseok… Please not tonight…”he cried as he cradle Minseok.

 

___.

 

Miseok survived that night, and all other night that he had seizures.  But his body continued to fall, he turned skinny, almost skin and bones.

Luhan felt like he’s the one dying.

 

___.

 

It was one night when Minseok talked about everything, his past, his hopes, his dreams, his world that no one knows. Luhan listen to every words he said, filling his memory of Miseok.

“Do you regret you did not leave anything behind that will remind people that you exist?” Luhan asked.

“Not really, besides, I’m not good with words to write a book, nor strong to plant a tree and I’m not that cruel to leave a child knowing I’m going to die. And I’ve got you; you won’t forget me, do you?”

“Of course” even if I try, I can’t.

And they bound that moment with promises of afterlife.

 

___.

 

“Luhan , I’m tired…” Minseok said with his weak voice.

“Don’t give up on me, Min… please” Luhan plead.

“Please don’t cry, I don’t want you to remember me this way.”  And minseok reach to his face and remove the tears.

But Luhan got all image of Minseok engraved in his memories. Luhan nods, not sure of what he’s agreeing.

“Please remember that when I die, I will be just resting but I won’t stop loving you. Just like how we don’t stop breathing even when we’re tired of everything.”

 

___.

 The doctor already said that Minseok only have few days left. They’re just waiting for him to die.

Luhan thought he was ready, that he can accept.

That if he give his all, it will be enough.

But as he watch the love of his life sleep, his pale skin and lips, his faded smile and weak breath.

He just can’t lose him.

___.

Minseok was having a seizure. Luhan was taking too much sleeping pills.

Luhan laid beside his Minseok. Miseok stayed still, too still.

When Luhan’s vision began to blur, he start convulsing.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                  

___________________________________.

a/n: My friend (no it’s not you ‘byon’) asked me why I always end xiuhan broken and she told me to write something where they will end up together, so this happened. They end up together. I’m sorry.

Oh, and this was inspired by the song I created for my friend when her mother died because of ovarian cancer. Well… I used some of the lyrics in there. It’s so sad to watch my friend cry while her mother was telling her she was tired. I’ll just… stop there.

Please forgive me for my horrible grammar. I’m still studying English. So sorry.