fin4

A Sentiment: Closure

title: Alumni Homecoming

 

Speechless, stupefied, mesmerized.

Luhan’s reaction is exactly the same as the first time he saw Minseok, His bestfriend Minseok. Seven years after he last saw him, he did not know he’s still trapped, spellbound.

When Minseok realized his presence, he smiled at him. That same gummy smile that never failed to make his knees to weak. He smiled back, almost automatic, and walk towards him, hopeful, excited .

“It’s been a long time” he says. Minseok hums with smile, nodding.

“How have you been? I never heard of you after the night of graduation ball” Minseok said while handing him a glass of wine.

Of course he remembers. That night he was planning to ask Minseok one question he wanted to ask all his life ‘I know we’ve been friends since I don’t know era, you basically know everything about me except that I love you ever since I knew you… all I want to say Is, will you be mine? Sorry I didn’t court you first but if you say yes I’ll court you every day of my remaining days. ’ but then he saw Minseok hugging Jongdae. Eyes sparkling, gleaming. He remembers how it hurts.

“I stayed here for a while and a month after Sehun and I broke-up I gone back to China.” He stated.

There’s an awkward silence between them. Luhan looks at Minseok but the latter is looking at his glass. When Minseok looks at Luhan, their eyes met, so many unspoken words hiding just behind that smile.

“You wanna know a secret?” Minseok said.

“that night, I was looking for you” Minseok starts, smilling bitterly. “I was going to confess to you… But you know, I got nervous, I’m worried you might turn me down so I ask  Jongdae to help me… He told me not to worry because you like me too, that I’m just blinded by doubt…well, He’s not much of help, but he gives me confidence.”

Luhan is shocked. No, it’s an understatement.

“But when I found you, you were kissing Sehun and announced that you were boyfriends. I remember how it hurts.” Minseok laughs, hollow.  

Luhan’s throat becomes dry. It’s like there’s someone squeezing his heart.

“Please don’t feel bad! I really liked you back then but it’s all past now…  it’s all past now. Don’t worry about me.” when Minseok’s smile becoming more light, his heart becoming more heavy.

Luhan’s head becoming dizzy. It’s like he is drowning in pool of regret. He like Minseok, God He really like him and if given a chance he wanted to love him too. He’s becoming hopeful… Maybe if he tell Minseok what really happened that night, they might clear things out.

He wanted to speak but his throat is constricted. When he finally able to say a word, Minseok’s phone ring. He looks at Luhan as if asking him to excuse.

“Can I?”

“sure”

There’s a smile on Minseok’s lips, smile so different from any of his smiles before. He doesn’t want to see it. He hates it, It should be him making Minseok smile like that.

He listens to Minseok talking. He assumes that it’s someone he knows because when Minseok mention Luhan’s name, Minseok suddenly becomes defensive.

“Don’t worry, you know I love you… Jongdae, I love you.”

And it turns out that the chance was long gone.

 

 

 

___.

I'm waiting for anyone to update their story. But there's none so I'm bitter and I decided You shall be Bitter too. (because there's only 2 tastes that a heart can recognize, yeah, it's sweetness and the other is bitterness.)

 

Sorry for horrible grammar