Chapter 8

You're the Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

Seomin barely saw Sunggyu anymore. He was constantly busy with variety show appearances, and perpetrations for the musical he was going to be in "Vampire." She only seen him in passing and he looked worn out, this worried Seomin, but she was distracted lately, and did not have to raise concern for Sunggyu's health, not like he would listen to her.  Seomin was recently asked by Jungyeop to design a new logo for Infinite, knowing instantly that the boys were going to have a repackage album, soon.  She was also ask to draw something for their up-and-coming girl group.

Seomin was sitting in one of the individual rooms listing to Sunggyu's first album, humming along to it as she drew multiple cartoons of Infinite which were eventually going to be sold in NIT shop, when it opens.

Seomin was so focused on her work she did not hear the door open behind her or sense he was standing behind her with a huge grin on his face. Sunggyu was admiring his best friends obliviousness, and was debating if he should wait to nag her, but decided against it. "Do you enjoy my singing that much?"

Seomin jumped and nearly fell out of her chair, but did not, thanks to Sunggyu's hand resting on her shoulder.

"You know I have always liked your singing voice, I remember going to every performance you and your friends had when you were in 'Coma Beat'." Seomin smiled brightly.

"I sang differently back then, and when I told everyone I was in the band that I was going to debut, they made fun of me for opting into a dance group. If I did not choose to be a part of a dance group, I probably would not have ever been able to debut.  Woollim was the only company that accepted me.  I auditioned so many times, but did not get in.  It was because people did not think I was handsome enough. "

"An amazing dance group with amazing talent, and don't let people tell you that you are not good-looking enough.  You are handsome to me."

"Not everyone saw it that way back then.  Everyone ignored us, Be Mine was our last chance."  Sunggyu sighed, "I am glad you find me handsome, but not many people do not."

"Stop saying that.  Why are you constantly putting yourself down. Kim Sunggyu you and the rest of Infinite are extremely  talented, so many rookies look up to you."

"I know, but getting to where we were was not easy, and staying relevant is a challenge.  We are not as…" Sunggyu placed a hand on his head as the room started to spin. He has not been getting enough sleep lately, and he caught something again. Sunggyu was constantly getting sick, but he had a job to do. He loves keeping busy despite his own health. Sunggyu shook off the feeling hoping Seomin would not notice.

"Sunggyu, are you feeling alright? You look a bit pale?"

"I'm fine…" Sunggyu smiled weakly as he sat down on the desk Seomin was drawing on.

"Sure you are…" Seomin rose to her feet and placed a hand on his forehead to check his temperature. "Idiot, you have a fever! You really should rest."

"I do not have the time to rest."

Seomin slapped his shoulder, "Don't be an idiot. Do you want to faint again? How irresponsible can you be!"   She tried to hit him again but he caught her wrist, pulling her close.

"It comes with the job, and I really do not have the time to rest right now.  I need to do my best to represent Infinite in all my individual activities." Sunggyu said in a serious tone.

"You are really dumb! Do I need to call your mother."

"Yahhhh, anything but that. I do not need her to worry more than she already does . She worries a lot about me."  Sunggyu sighed.

"Probably because of your idiotic behavior." Seomin continued to look into Sunggyu's tired eyes.  "How about I cook dinner for you tonight, rather than you eating fast food?"

"Since when do you cook?"

"Since I had to live on my own when I was aboard. Are you scared I am going to poison you?"

"Yes!"

"YAHHH KIM SUNGGYU DO YOU WANT TO DIE!" She punched his shoulder, again.

---

"Who's shouting?"

"Seomin noona!" Sungjong said as he flipped through a magazine.

"Why is she shouting?" Sungyeol asked.

"Because hyung is being dumb again by not taking care of himself. Seriously, that hyung is so annoying." Sungjong said as he looked at Sungyeol, "You should not worry about that too much.  They do that all the time, from what I noticed." 

"She is probably mad because Gyuzizi overworks himself."

"Don't we all?" Hoya crossed his arms, "She needs to understand that it comes with our job."

"Do you have something against Seomin?" Dongwoo asked Hoya, he had noticed this attitude lately from the younger male whenever Seomin was brought up.

"She is a distraction…"

"I do not th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter