Chapter 3

You're the Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Sunggyu was waiting outside Lee Jungyeop's office, waiting for Seomin.   He was worried about her, and regretted sending her in there alone.  He talked to the CEO earlier and hoped that things would go well.  He knew hyung was a good person; he would not have given up his house to make their first album 'Over the Top,' if he did not believe in their talent.  Sunggyu knew hyung was going to try his best, but it was Seomin's sharp tongue he was worried about. The girl always said what was on her mind, and tend to show no mercy.  Sunggyu was pacing back and forth wondering what was going on in that room. 

"Hyung..." Myungsoo sighed deeply as he walked over to Sunggyu and gave him a sudden hug, stopping him in place. "You need to stop worrying about noona, I am sure she is fine."  Myungsoo looked at the older man and never seen him act like this before, it was something new to all of them.  This girl meant a lot to Sunggyu.  He could tell, but Myungsoo was not sure what their relationship was.  They seemed to act like brother and sister, but deep down he knew that there was more to their relationship, but they probably don't know it yet.

"I am not worried about Seomin,  I am worried what she is going to say to hyung."  Sunggyu bit his lip and looked at Myungsoo.  Sunggyu hoped that Seomin would agree to what Jungyeop was going to offer her, and if she didn't, Sunggyu told Jungyeop hyung what to do.

"Gyu hyung, there you are..." Hoya said with an annoyed expression on his face.  "We cannot start dance practice without you.  I know your worried about your girlfriend, but you're the leader and you need to be there."

"She is not my girlfriend." Sunggyu glared at Hoya.

"I think you misunderstood me hyung.  I know that she is not your girlfriend, not like any girl would date a grandpa anyway.  What I meant was that she is a girl who is your friend.  I think you need to get your ears cleaned." Hoya sighed, "We need to practice."

"I can get a girlfriend with no problem, but I chose not to because..." Sunggyu started, but Hoya interrupted him.  Hoya was the only person who can get away with teasing Sunggyu, everyone else would have gotten punched.

"Because you are already married to music, we know that hyung." Hoya smirked.

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and crossed his arms as he walked down the hallway with Hoya and Myungsoo.  He looked back for a moment and knew that everything was going to fall into place, or at least he hoped it did.  Sunggyu hopped that Seomin would not be difficult. 

---

Seomin looked at the man who was sitting in front of her.  He looked like a kind man, but she could not be too sure. Seomin bit her lip and looked at Sunggyu's boss, Lee Jungyeop.  She had no clue what to say or if she should even say anything.

"So your Sunggyu's childhood friend that he talks so highly about." Jungyeop smiled brightly.  "Sunggyu has told me that you are fluent in English and a very talented artist.  Sunggyu told me before you came in that you are looking for your family and do not have their contact information.  I want to let you know that we will do the best to help you, but for the time being, why don't you work here?"

"I appreciate that you are offering to help me, but I rather take care of finding my family and a job on my own." Seomin said.

"You know that Sunggyu is going to have a hard time agreeing to that.  You seem like a special person to him."  Jungyeop said as he leaned back and crossed his arms.  He was beginning to wonder if this girl was more than a childhood friend to Sunggyu.  He knew the Infinite members very well, but in all the years he knew Sunggyu, he never saw Sunggyu care for someone this much besides his family and Infinite.

"We know each other for twenty-six years.  He is a dear friend of mine and I do not want to bother him.  He is already busy, and he does not need added stress from me.  He loves singing so much and I do not want to mess up his career." Seomin rose from her seat.  "I am sorry about my sudden appeared in Infinite's dorm last night.  Sunggyu would not really give me a choice in the matter. I promise you that it will never happen again.  I do not want to cause any scandals for Infinite."

"Well, if you don't agree to the request he made, it might give him more stress than he needs.  I probably know Sunggyu as well as you do, and when he does something, he gives it his all.  If he makes a mistake he tries to fix it on his own.  He does not like asking others for help, unless needed."  Jungyeop explain. "Not that you being here is a mistake, Seomin sii.  It wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter