Dazzling Smile

The Great Psychic Onew

Taemin walked out of Onew's shop and headed towards his apartment. The whole idea of psychics enraged him - how could someone be so cruel as to trick people by giving them false hope and swindle them out of their money? Taemin was even more angered by the fact that his best friend was one of the foolish people that actually fell for these scams. Key kept telling him that his relationship with Jonghyun was proof that this Onew guy was real but, seriously, those two would have gotten together no matter what - they were perfect for each other and even an idiot "psychic" could figure that out. What angered Taemin even more was the fact that Onew was one of the most dazzling guys Taemin has ever met. He had no idea that someone could have such a big smile. That smile could charm just about anyone, no wonder so many fools were throwing their money at the guy. That made it even worse, using looks in order to scam people out of their money - it was disgusting. Sure, Taemin had gotten a few things from his looks - free drinks, discounts when he went shopping, a few favors here and there - but that wasn't hurting anyone. Claiming to be psychic was clearly wrong. He made it to his building and climbed up the stairs, closing the door a little to hard one he entered his appartment, making his roommate look up from his spot on the couch.

"Hey Taemin. Something wrong?"

Taemin sighed and joined him on the couch. "Hey Minho. I'm just a little annoyed right now. Key dragged me to his psychic."

Minho raised his eyebrows at that. "And you actually went? You hate stuff like that."

"Yeah, well Key bribed me with that new series I've been wanting to get."

"So, what happened? Did he tell you your future?" Minho teased.

"Yeah, right. He didn't even say anything. He just space out for a while and when he snapped out of it his face got all red and he said he didn't know what he saw. Can you believe that? What kind of psychic says 'I don't know?' So I left."

"Maybe he saw something bad and was too afraid to tell you. What did you ask?"

"I asked about my love life - Key's idea. I don't know why he cares so much that I'm single. Since when is it a bad thing to be single."

"You asked him about love? How cliché." Suddenly Minho's eyes got wide and he sat up. "Ooh, I bet he saw something steamy and that's why his face got all red - he was embarrassed."

Taemin scoffed, "as if. He was probably just embarrassed because he knew I wasn't buying his act. The guy's a total fraud. I just feel bad for Key - he still buys all this crap. He's probably still there having some bull story being told to him, being charmed by that stupid, dazzling smile, emptying out his wallet. What an idiot."

Minho gave him a weird look. "Dazzling smile? What's this guy's name again?"

"He goes by Onew. Why?"

"Just curious. Maybe I'll go check him out, hear my future."

"Have you been listening to anything I just said? The guy's a total fraud. He's scamming people out of their hard-earned money and feeding them lies. It's a horrible thing to do and he should be ashamed of himself."

"Oh yeah? And what about you, huh?"

"What do you mean? What about me?"

"You charm people out of their money all the time. When's the last tie you actually paid for your morning coffee? I've seen the way you talk to that poor barista and the way he looks at you. 'Oh, no! You don't have to pay! This one's on the house,'" Minho mocked. "I bet you don't even know the kid's name. And he's not the only one you've tricked into giving you free stuff. What about that neighbor who always comes over to fix every piece of technology you break? You think I believe that he does that out of the goodness of his heart? Admit it Taemin, you are constantly seducing people to get what you want."

"That's completely different," Taemin huffed. "You know what, I don't need to take this crap from you," he said, storming off to his room.

Minho chuckled at his roommate's retreating back. He felt his phone buzz in his pocket and fished it out to see that he got a message from Key. A grin spread across his face as he read what it said. "Dazzling smile, huh?" he smirked as he thought about the conversation they just had. "Interesting?"

 

 

 

A/N   When I started writing this, I really didn't have any plans for having Minho be in it and now he seems to be playing a main role. I guess that's just how things work out. Any way, I hope you are enjoying it so far. I greatly appreciate and love all comments.