Strangers

The Great Psychic Onew

As soon as Jinki told Kibum about his vision of him and Taemin, he started to regret it. And now, sitting in the small cafe with Kibum staring at him, that mischievous look still in his eyes, he was regretting his decision even more. It had been a couple of days since the appointment with the two best friends and the day had started with Kibum texting him (Jinki had reluctantly given him his number after a large amount of begging and persuading from Kibum) about "putting the plan into action." Jinki hadn't even been aware that there was a plan. And yet, here he is, nervously waiting with Kibum for Taemin to show up. The nervousness that Jinki was feeling must have been obvious because Kibum asked what was wrong with him.

"How could you possibly be nervous? You're psychic. You already know that everything is going to work out."

Jinki sighed. "Yeah, eventually, but I don't know how far into the future those visions were. I know it will all be fine eventually, but I don't know when or how it will happen."

"If you know that it's going to work out, then why does it matter how long it will take. I think it's best to just start right away." Key looked at him as though this was the most obvious thing in the world.

Jinki sighed again. "Even if you know that the answer is going to be yes at some point, there's only so much rejection a person can take. And right now, I really don't think that Taemin is too fond of me. I already know that he doesn't trust me. He's made it pretty clear that he thinks everything that I do and stand for is a total sham." This part of the situation is what had Jinki the most nervous. He's had to deal with plenty of skeptics before and, after a while, he stopped being bothered by them. But, in his previous encounters with skeptics, all he had to do was ignore them until they went away. He's never tried to actually turn a skeptic into a believer and he's never wanted to: He didn't care if people didn't believe him. However, it was clear that Taemin was someone important to him and, honestly, it hurt to know that Taemin thought badly of him.

Kibum looked at Jinki sympathetically. "Oh, don't worry about that. Taemin's just mad because what he thinks that you are doing is something that he's been doing his whole life and just doesn't want to admit it."

Jinki was confused at this statement. He didn't really know what Kibum meant and it made him remember that he didn't actually know Taemin. They had hardly even had a conversation in real life, and yet Jinki had already experienced so much with him through his visions: He has gone on dates with him, kissed him, felt an overwhelming want for Taemin, a need, even love. Jinki had to keep reminding himself that what he had experienced was simply visions. In real life, he and Taemin were acquaintances, not even; they were strangers.

"Regardless of the reasons, I still don't think that he's going to be very happy to see me."

At that moment, Taemin and Minho entered the cafe and started walking towards them. Taemin stopped when he noticed Jinki sitting across from Key.

"What the hell is he doing here? I already told you Key, I'm not interested in hearing what some phony-baloney psychic has to say. Just out of my life."

"Relax, Tae. He's just here to hang out."

"So what, you're actually friends with this guy now?" Taemin asked as he, reluctantly, sat down next to Key.

"Yes, I am. He's actually a really nice guy once you get to know him."

"Sure he is." 

Jinki sat awkwardly at his spot during their conversation about him. Minho, noticing how uncomfortable he looked, took the opportunity to introduce himself as he sat down next to him. "You must be Onew. I'm -”

"Minho," Jinki finished for him," Taemin's roommate, right? Please, call me Jinki. Onew's just what I go by for my business."

"Okay, Jinki. You know, that's kind of creepy, how you can know who someone is before you even meet." Minho turned to Key, "I guess he really is the real deal."

Key smirked, "I told you. He's completely legit. I never even told him you were coming."

Taemin rolled his eyes, "oh, please. I'm sure you've talked about him plenty - You tell everyone everything. He probably just made the logical guess that the guy walking with me is my roommate. It's not like I have a lot of friends outside of you guys. Anyway, I'm going to go get a drink. You guy's coming?"

Minho gave a small smile, "I'm good and Key already has a drink, but it looks like Jinki needs one. You two can go up together."

"Whatever. Let's go 'Great Psychic Onew.'"

Taemin and Jinki both got up, Jinki looking more awkward than ever.

"Oh, and say hi to what's-his-name for me," Minho called after them.

Minho and Kibum watched as the awkward couple headed toward the counter.

"Do you really think that he's ready to see Taemin's true self," Minho asked. "He might get scared away."

"He has to know why Taemin doesn't like what he does, or at least what he thinks he does. Besides, I think that Jinki might be able to help him."

 

 

A/N  It has been a while since I've updated and I'm sorry. I've been really busy lately but I am going to try to get back to a regular schedule for my writings. Please comment and let me know what you think. Thanks for reading.