Reconciliation

The Great Psychic Onew

Jinki opened the door to find Taemin standing there with red and puffy eyes and felt a huge wave of guilt: how could he make someone he loves cry so much?

"Taemin... I didn't think you would want to see me again."

What looked like a mix of surprise and guilt crossed over Taemin's face. "No, I shouldn't have run off on you like that. Look, Jinki, we should talk."

Of course, Jinki thought, he only came to tell me tho leave him aloneHe felt his heart sink but tried to keep his emotions from showing as he invited Taemin inside and led him to the living room to sit on the couch.

"Look, Jinki, I've been through a lot in my past, things you don't know about... or maybe you do know about them, I don't really know anymore." Taemin shook his head and gave a nervous little chuckle. "Since then, I haven't really been interested in any kind of relationship and such advances have always made me a bit upset."

And you've upset me a lot so you should just leave me alone because I never want to see you again. Jinki knew this would be his next line and he cast his eyes downward as he felt the inevitable heartbreak start to build.

"But I don't think that's the case anymore." Wait, what? "Because I actually kind of liked your attempts, and I think I might kind of like... you."

What? Jinki's face went from sorrow to confusion to shock during Taemin's confession as he looked up and saw that Taemin was now the one with downcast eyes.

Taemin continued with a now-growing blush on his face. "I actually tried to hate you, but you were always so nice and always smiling so brightly, even when I was a total to you. And when I fnally grew up and stopped acting like a child, I realized you were even sweeter than I thought, which made me feel like even more of a ."

Jinki shook his head with a soft smile, "you weren't a ."

"I was, but thank you for demonstrating my point about you being sweet." Taemin let a heavy sigh escape his lips before he continued. "What I'm trying to say is that I really enjoyed our date and I'm sorry for ruining it with my little freak-out. I said soe harsh things and you didn't deserve that." He paused again and scratched his head. "And I'm not really sure what happened after that and I kind of got overwhelmed, which is why I ran, and I'm honestly still pretty overwhelmed and still don't really know what's going on, which is probably why I'm rambling, but, uh, I thought you should know that that last part you said and, well, did, uh... that isn't why I ran." He finishes with a deep blush on his face, his eyes downcast, and a slight stutter in his words, "I actually thought it was... nice."

Taemin waited for Jinki's response, not quite able to look up at his face. If he had, he would have seen a flurry of emotions there as Jinki, once again, started ranting to himself, this time in his head. Wait, so Taemin doesn't hate and he isn't mad at me, and he didn't say anything about never seeing me again.So, I didn't totally mess up? And he said he didn't dislike the last thing I said and did. Meaning the confession? And the kiss? So I could do that again? 'Cause I'm feeling really happy right now and I really think I would like to kiss him right now. No, that's stupid, Jinki. Last time you did that he ran away. But he said that wasn't why he ran away. But that doesn't mean you should do it again because he's still confused and overwhelmed. So, you should explain what happened, or at least what you can. Yeah, explain.

"Taemin, do you believe in fate?"

Taemin looked up at this, not expecting the question. "Not really."

Jinki smiled at his response, not really surprised by the answer knowing his stance on psychics. "For as long as I can remember, people have been telling me that fate has given me a gift which I could use to help people. I didn't really know what they meant by that, but I liked the idea of helping people, so whenever anyone asked me a question, I answered them. As I got older, I was able to see people's lives wind together and I started to understand what fate was and how it tied people together. But I still didn't fully believe in it until I met you because, suddenly, I was one of those people and I felt as though my whole life was leading up to that moment. Earlier today I experienced something I had never experienced before: instead of seeing someone's future, I saw their past." Jinki paused to look at Taemin. "I know you probably don't believe any of this, but I think that fate was trying to send me a message; that I found the one and I shouldn't let him go."

"So, you're saying that you saw a vision of my past and that's how you knew about all those things you talked about today?" Jinki nodded at Taemin's question. Taemin gave what sounded like a little chuckle mixed with a sigh. "You're right, I do have a hard time believing that, but what other explanation could there be. You knew thins that I had never told anyone, and at first I was scared that someone knew my darkest secrets. But then when I thought about it more, I realized that I felt better having someone else know. And not just anyone, but you. In fact, given the time, I probably would have told you myself. I think I would have eventually realized that you're someone who I want to know my darkest secrets. But, instead, I realized it sooner; I just had to wait for the shock to wear off."

"So, you're not mad at me?" Jinki asked hesitantly and Taemin shook his head. "And you don't think I'm lying about having visions?"

Taemin gave another little chuckle. "Let's just say I'm pondering the possibility that you may, in fact, be an actual psychic."

"So I turned a skeptic into a believer?"

"I wouldn't go that far. However, I am curious about one thing."

Jinki thought he saw another blush growing on Taemin's face. "What's that?"

"Let's say that you were, in fact, telling the truth about your visions: What did you see the first time we met when I asked you about my love life."

Now Jinki was sure that there was a blush on Taemin's face as it was now bright red. "I saw us holding hands at the cafe, me waling you home and giving you a kiss good night, us coming back here and-" Jinki paused his face grew far redder than Taemin's as he realized what he was about to say. "Having another kiss goodnight," he quickly finished.

Taemin noticed to akward pause and the newfound color added to Jinki's face. "Just kissing?" Taemin asked with a smirk.

"I really didn't say that just to get in your pants."

Taemin sighed, "I know that. I really didn't mean that and I shouldn't have said that. I know you're not that kind of guy; if you were, you probably would have told me the vision instead of telling me you didn't know. You really are a nice guy, Jinki, and I was kind of hoping that maybe you would like to have that date at the cafe for real. Not right now because a lot happened at once and I think I need to still process some of it, but I'll let you know in a few days."

"That sounds nice," Jinki said with a smile on his face.

"I'll see you then. I think I should go back home now though." Taemin went to the front door to leave, but not before giving Jinki a small peck on the cheek. "And by the way, I don't think you're crazy or a total idiot."

There was a brief moment of confusion before realization struck Jinki. "You heard me?"

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I didn't want to interrupt your conversation with yourself," Taemin said with a small smirk gracing his lips.

"Exactly how long were you standing outside my door?"

"Just a couple of minutes."

"Huh. I thought for sure I was sitting in silence for a couple of hours."

Taemin laughed at that. "What are you talking about? It hasn't even been that long since we started our date." He continued to laugh as he made his way out the door. "Goodnight, Jinki. I'll see you for our next date, and I'll try not to cry at that one as long as you try not to have any visions."

 

 

A/N  Hey, I'm alive. And I wrote something. I don't know how good it is but I think I'm happy with it. This story is just about finished and you won't have to wait so long for the next part. I promise. Although, if you look back on my previous author's notes, you'll see that I've broken those promises before so maybe don't hold me to that. Thank you for all of you who were patient with me. This would have gotten done sooner if I hadn't been so busy with work. We are really short-staffed so I've been working a lot of overtime and all my free time has been spent with me either sleeping or just being lazy. Please comment, as I am eager to know what you think about this chapter. Love you much.