Aftermath

The Great Psychic Onew

Taemin doesn't know where he is running to until he gets to Key and Jonghyun's apartment. He quickly lets himself in with his spare set of keys, which he is only supposed to use if they are not home and ask him for a favor but he doesn't care about that right now. He slams the door open as he rushes in, the noise causing Key to come running out of the kitchen.

"Taemin! What did I tell you about- " he stops halfway through his lecture when he sees that Taemin is crying. "Taemin? What's wrong? What happened baby?"

As soon as Taemin sees Key, he runs into his arms, his cries turning into full-on sobs. Key pulls Taemin over to the couch, sitting down with Taemin's head in his lap so he could pet his hair and let the boy get comfortable before questioning him again. "Why are you crying, baby? Did something happen with Jinki? He didn't hurt you, did he?"

"No. I don't know. He just- " Taemin sits up so he can look at Key. "He knew things, Key. Things he shouldn't have known. And before you start talking about how he's a psychic and how 'of course he knows things because he can see the future,' he knew things from my past, long before any of us even met him."

"What do you mean? What did he know?"

"Things like what people said to me when I was picked on in school. And- " Taemin paused as he thought of the painful memories that still haunt him. "Do you remember in high school when you and Minho found me in that classroom after school?"

Key's eyes widened when he realized what Taemin was referring to. "Taemin, I didn't tell him about that, I swear. I would never tell him something so personal and neither would Minho."

"I know you didn't tell him Key; you couldn't have."

"What do you mean?"

"He knew things you don't know. He knew who did it."

"I thought you said that you didn't even know who did it. That he attacked you from behind and you couldn't see his face." Taemin looks away, ashamed of lying back then. "You knew? And you were protecting that bastard?"

Taemin looked back with new tears in his eyes. "I was scared Key. I was just a kid, I didn't know what to do. Besides, that doesn't matter now; it was a long time ago."

Taemin sighed before continuing. "I'm just so confused, Key; I don't even know what happened. I was just apologizing for being rude to him then, next thing I know, he's apologizing to me; he starts saying that he's sorry that I had to go through all this stuff. Then, suddenly, he's saying that he loves me and he won't let me go through anything like that again." Despite himself, Taemin starts to smile as he lists off what happened. "Then he kisses me and it's sweet and gentle and feels so good and comforting and - I don't know. It all just happened so fast and I'm confused."

Key has a little trouble understanding everything that is said because Taemin is talking so fast, but by the end he is smiling. "That actually sounds really cute."

Taemin lightly hits Key on the arm. "Take this seriously. You're supposed to be helping me."

Key chuckles lightly, "I'm sorry, it's just - you said it was comforting, so why are you here?"

"I told you, I'm confused. And a little scared I guess. I think I like him back and I just don't know what to do about it."

"What do you mean you don't know what to do about it? Go and tell him! The poor guy is probably broken hearted right now thinking that you rejected him."

Key starts pushing Taemin out the door. "But Key, I don't know if I'm ready."

"You'r ready. Now go. No excuses." And with that, he shuts the door in Taemin's face. Taemin can still hear Key yelling through the door as he stands there. "Just go confess your feelings and actually be happy for once. God, why does this kid have to make this so complicated?"

Taemin grins at Key's reaction to the situation but quickly returns to a thoughtful expression. He still isn't sure what happened and, frankly, it seemed kind of weird and almost off-putting. How did Jinki know all of that and is Taemin really comfortable with him knowing? The events that had happened with Jinki didn't make any sense and are still very confusing, but they did help Taemin realize something: he does have feelings for Jinki. And maybe that's all that really matters. Maybe Key was right and he was just making things complicated. With that thought in mind, Taemin heads off to Jinki's apartment, finally feeling ready to take Key's advice and just be happy for once.

 

"Seriously, what is wrong with me?"

Jinki was pacing back and forth, talking to himself; or more like yelling at himself. After Taemin had run from him in the park, Jinki walked knowing that he had majorly messed up and, after having arrived at his apartment, immediately started scolding himself for probably taking away what were going to be the best moments in his life.

"Could I have messed that up any more than I had? I don't think I could have. What could Taemin possibly think after seeing that? Probably that I'm a freaking lunatic. First I stare off into space (stupid visions), then I start crying like a crazy person, then I start spewing off details about things that I should not know about, then I suddenly confess that I love him? Love him! I didn't even have the brains to start off with a like. Nope, it was just straight to love. Those are things a crazy person does. How much of an idiot can I be? I promised to never let anyone hurt him, then proceed to make him run off crying. I learned that he thinks people just want him for his looks and body, then I kissed him. Isn't that just proving his suspicions to be right? I didn't even let him speak! I just ran over his words with my crazy escapades of craziness."

Jinki stops his pacing and sinks to the floor, leaning against the wall. Tears start welling up in his eyes as he continues on with his self-inflicting verbal rampage.

"This is exactly what I always do. I get so caught up in those stupid visions that I spew off crazy nonsense to people who have no idea what I'm talking about because they didn't see things in their head. Normal people don't see things in their heads. Crazy people see things in their heads. All that stuff about starting this business to help people just seems like a cover up. Deep down I think I really just started it so that people could assure me that I'm not crazy; so that I can feel normal. But I'm not normal. Taemin was right: I'm not a nice person, I'm just doing this for my own selfish reasons, for personal gain. I wish I'd never had these visions. Then Taemin wouldn't have hated me and I would have actually had a shot with him. Instead, I have just ruined any chance I ever had with him. There's no way our future is the same now with how badly I just messed up. I am such an idiot. Fate sends a message to me that I have found my soul mate and I just crap all over it with my idiocy. I don't deserve him."

Jinki finally stops ranting to himself, but the pity party going on in his head doesn't stop. He sits on the floor for what seems like hours just thinking about how happy his future could have been and how he probably destroyed all chances of ever living those visions. The future can change; Jinki knows this, he's seen it happen. And, at that moment, he's thinking that his blissful future with Taemin has completely vanished. In the middle of the seemingly endless "woe-is-me" parade marching through his mind, Jinki hears a knock on the door. It takes a while for the sound's meaning to register in his brain but, after it does, he has enough sense to call out a response.

"Who is it?"

"It's Taemin."

At the sound of Taemin's voice, Jinki rushes to his feet and runs to the door. He takes a breath before he opens the door, ready to face the potential heartbreak that could be coming.

 

 

A/N  Have you ever just paced around your house talking to yourself, cause I do it quite frequently. Off course, I'm a little crazy but, whatever. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please comment and show your thoughts and love. I do not have the next part written so I'm not making any promises about how long it will take but hopefully I'll be able to get it done soonish. Also, I think I'm just about done with the heavy amounts of angst and we can get back to being cute and fluffy. Yay! I love you all, thanks for reading.