Visions of the Past

The Great Psychic Onew

Trigger Warning:  I hate to spoil any part of the story before you read it, but I feel that I should warn you that there is some sensitive stuff in this chapter including bullying and . I didn't include any details involved in the scene, but it could still affect you so this is my warning to you.

 

 

For as long as Jinki could remember, every time someone would ask a question about themselves, he would have a vision of that person's future which would give him an answer to said question. That was how his visions had always worked: someone asks a question, he sees the future; simple as that. So, when Taemin asked him a question about himself, Jinki fully expected a vision of Taemin's future to start, but he did not see an older Taemin. Instead he saw a small child sitting in front of a vanity with a woman standing behind him, brushing his hair. Both of these people in front of him were very pretty, but Jinki didn't understand: Who were these people and where was Taemin?

"Taemin?" The woman called out and Jinki had expected Taemin to enter the room but, instead, the small child answered.

"Yes, Mama?"

Jinki was confused. How could that possibly be Taemin? He's only ever seen the future in his visions, so why is Taemin younger? Is he truly looking at a vision of the past? Jinki decided to push aside his confusion, not wanting to miss any part of the vision by being stuck in his own thoughts. He focused his attention back on the conversation between the young Taemin and his mother.

"You are so pretty Taemin. When you get older, people are going to be falling head over heals for you, doing anything for you and giving you everything you want."

The young boy looked confused. "But Mama, isn't it wrong to take things from people?"

The woman chuckled, "not if they give it to you." The woman stopped her ministrations on his hair and went to kneel next to him, looking at his face as he turned his head to look at her. "Taemin, some people in this world are given gifts and it would be wrong to waste them. Your gift is your beauty. Don't waste it."

"Yes, Mama."

The scene changed and Jinki was now looking at a Taemin who looked to be about 13 years old, walking through a hallway lined with lockers with another boy. Jinki notice that the other boy had a stack of books in his arms while Taemin's arms were empty. The two boys stopped at a row of lockers and Taemin opened one before turning to the boy to grab the top half of the books and put them away.

"Thank you for carrying my books, Changmin. You didn't have to do that," Taemin said with a gentle smile.

The boy smiled back, "it was no problem. Besides, didn't you say that you hurt your arm yesterday?"

Taemin blushed slightly at this. "I'm surprised you remember that, that was really thoughtful of you. It's feeling much better now though."

"You should still be careful with it anyway."

"Yeah, thanks again."

"You're welcome. How is your science project going?"

Taemin turned his face away slightly, scratching the back of his head. "Actually, I'm kind of struggling with it. Science isn't really my best subject."

"Well I'm almost done with mine; I'd be happy to help you out."

Taemin smiled, "would you really? That's so sweet of you."

"How does tomorrow after school sound?"

"Sounds great, I'll see you then."

"Bye Taemin," the boy said as he left.

Taemin was left by his locker with a smile on his face and his cheeks tinted pink. Shortly after the boy left, a group of girls walked up to Taemin with matching sneers on their faces.

"Well if it isn't the ." The girl up front, who appeared to be the leader of the group, spoke.

Taemin's smile disappeared off his face. "Can't you guys just leave me alone? I didn't do anything."

The girls all scoff at him and the head girl continues talking. "Yeah right, we saw you flirting with Changmin. You think that just because you have a pretty face and long hair that you can get what you want."

"That's not it at all. He was just being nice; he's a sweet guy."

"What, you actually think that he's helping you to be nice, because he actually likes you? Ha! He obviously just expects you to put out, which I'm sure you will. You probably have with the others who help you out. You are a after all; that's all anyone ever sees you as. No one actually likes you. You have to have an actual personality to be liked and all you are is a pretty face." And with that, the girls all walked away.

After they left, Jinki could hear Taemin whispering to himself, "they're just jealous, Taemin. That's all it is. They're just jealous," but as he said this, tears started to well up in his eyes and run down his face.

The scene changes again and Taemin looks to be about 16 now. He is in a classroom talking to a teacher, but it looks to be well after school hours.

"Thank you so much for letting me retake that test, Mr. Kim. I'm sorry you had to stay late because of me," Taemin said with a shy smile.

"Anything for my favorite student. The last one was graded too harshly anyway: my teaching assistant did the grading. I'll be much gentler with my grading for you."

Taemin looked a little uncomfortable at this statement. "Oh no, don't blame them. The other students did fine and they were graded just the same. I really just hadn't studied enough and that was my fault. I really just want to be graded like any other student."

"But you aren't like other students Taemin, you're special." As he said this, the teacher walked closer to Taemin until he was at a distance that was definitely not appropriate between a student and a teacher.

The discomfort showing in Taemin's face grew as he tried to back away from the teacher, only to back into the wall. He tried to edge to the side, but the teacher put his hands on the wall on either side of Taemin.

"I don't understand what you're saying Mr. Kim." Taemin's facial expression turned into one of fear as the teacher gave him an unsettling grin.

"Oh, I think you know exactly what I mean. You know, I've done a lot for you Taemin. I think that I deserve a little bit of payback." The teacher shifted so that his legs were now blocking Taemin in as he moved his hands, one going underneath Taemin's shirt while the other one the side of Taemin's face. "You are so beautiful." The teacher then attached his lips to Taemin's neck.

Taemin tried to push the man away but wasn't strong enough. "Stop, Mr. Kim! Please!." When the man made no move to stop, Taemin started yelling out in the hopes that someone would hear him.

"It's no use Taemin," the man grinned, "nobody can hear you. Everyone has gone home because you made me stay so late to help you out." The hand that was under Taemin's shirt moved to the waistband of his pants. "So now, you are going to help me out."

Not wanting to see this go any further, Jinki shut his eyes, willing the scene to go away but still able to hear Taemin's sobs and cries for help. When Jinki opened his eyes again, Taemin was lying on the floor curled into a ball with his clothing disheveled. The teacher seemed to have left and Taemin was left on his own, quietly sobbing. Jinki suddenly heard footsteps coming down the hallway along with a familiar voice calling out Taemin's name.

"Key?" The voice that came from the boy was small and hoarse, but he must have been heard anyway because the footsteps quickened and Key burst into the room with Minho trailing behind him.

"OMG! Taemin? Are you okay? When you didn't show up at the cafe, we were starting to get worried. What happened?" Key knelt down next to Taemin and, as soon as he did, Taemin flung his arms around Key's neck and his sobs increased in volume. Minho knelt down next to Key and they both held the crying boy, Taemin's sobs being the only sound filling the quiet room.

The vision ends and Jinki sees the present Taemin standing in front of him with a perplexed look on his face. It isn't until Taemin's features start to become slightly blurry that Jinki realizes that his is crying.

"Jinki? What-"

Before Taemin can finish his question, Jinki pulls him into a bone-crushing hug, crying quietly into his neck.

"I'm sorry. I am so sorry."

"What-" Taemin tried again but was once again cut off by Jinki.

"You didn't deserve any of those things that happened to you: those bullies, that teacher. Oh God, that teacher! How could anyone dare to touch you!?" Jinki paused as he felt himself getting angry. He looked Taemin in the eyes and cupped his face gently with his hands. "You are not just a pretty face, you are so much more than that. You are kind and caring and I can't help but be happy when I am with you. You do have a personality and it's a great one. It's why I love you." Taemin's mouth hangs open at this statement but Jinki doesn't let him talk yet: he's not done. "I do love you Taemin and it has nothing to do with how pretty you are; it only has to do with you and who you are. You are such a wonderful person and you don't deserve to have anyone hurt you. I promise that I will protect you." And with that, Jinki places a gentle kiss on Taemin's lips.

Taemin doesn't know what to think: so much just happened and he feels as though he missed part of it. Why was Jinki crying and how did he know those things about his past? Even Key and Minho don't know what happened with that teacher or that it even was a teacher; he never told anyone. So how did Jinki know? And then Jinki was suddenly confessing and then he kissed him! Taemin didn't know what to do, so he just did the first thing that popped into his head: he ran.

 

 

A/N  Another angsty chapter, but it ends sweet. Until Taemin runs away of course. The visions were sad to write especially since I had to write them twice since I like to write everything by hand before I type it up. So I cried twice but that's okay, I still liked this chapter and I hope you did too. Please comment and let me know what you think. I do read every comment even if I don't reply and it makes me super happy to know that you are enjoying it and keeps me motivated. I wrote the next bit but it's really short so I don't know if I'm going to post it on it's own or combine it with the next part. But it's awesome and I love it because Key's in it and I love him in this story. Anyway, I'm rambling, so thanks for reading and I will update again soon.