Visions

The Great Psychic Onew

Lee Jinki was always helping others - that was his job. He helped people solve their problems and told them what was to come in the future: He is a psychic. He had a steady flow of customers and plenty of regulars - it wasn't the cushiest job, but overall, he did pretty well for himself. Of course, he had to deal with a lot of hate from skeptics, who were constantly coming in and calling him a fraud, trying to get him to slip up and reveal that he was faking it. But he wasn't a fraud - he has had this gift for as long as he can remember. When people ask him questions about themselves, he is able to see visions of the answer. After realizing what these visions meant, he decided that it was his duty to use his gifts to help others. And, honestly, he loves what he does - he loves the looks of relief and excitement when he gives good news, the looks of amazement and gratitude when someone comes back to tell him that what he said came true or helped them to get what they wanted. There were times when he had to deliver bad news, which is something that he wishes he could avoid all together, but a lot of his customers seem to be understanding and even thankful that they can know ahead of time, which makes it much easier. But really, this is the best job he could ever hope for and it truly does make him happy that he is able to help others. However, there is a small part of him that isn't quite satisfied with his life, or rather, lack of one. He is always so focused on other people's lives that he is unable to focus on his own. He can get so wrapped up in these visions that sometimes it is even hard for him to distinguish his life from other people's lives. Besides the effects of the visions, it could be hard to separate his work from his personal life. The people he hung out with always seemed to look at him as "the psychic Onew;" no one ever just looked at him as Jinki. And that was all he really wanted - for someone to look at him as Lee Jinki, the warm-hearted, always smiling, somewhat clumsy man, and not as Onew, the all-knowing psychic who could help them solve their problems.

Jinki sat in his small shop, waiting for his next appointment to arrive. It was one of his regulars who came in frequently, asking various questions, always telling Jinki how he swears by his services ever since Jinki helped him meet his boyfriend, Jonghyun. Of course, those two were bound to meet without his help - they were a perfect match for each other. All Jinki did was help speed up the process. But Jinki always appreciated those who trusted his abilities and thought of him as a reliable source. Jinki looked up from his spot behind the small table he used as a sort-of desk when the bell on the door alerted him of Kibum's arrival. He was surprised to see someone following behind Kibum but immediately recognized him from several of his visions from Kibum's sessions as his best friend Taemin. He had a small frame and looked remarkably pretty for a boy, though the grimace on his face showed that he clearly did not want to be here.

"Key, this is stupid. I don't understand how you can actually believe in this crap," Taemin complained, confirming Jinki's suspicions.

"Hello Kibum," Jinki greeted cheerfully, despite the negative attitude Taemin had. He was used to skeptics being pulled in by friends. "I see you brought Taemin in with you."

Taemin paused at that, looking slightly shocked at his name being used. "How did you know my name?"

"He's psychic, duh. See, I told you he's the real deal."

"Yeah right, you probably just told him my name."

"Well, yeah, but I never told him what you look like. How would he know it was you?"

"Lucky guess," Taemin scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, come on Tae. Don't be so negative. Just give him a chance. You're not always right you know."

Jinki patiently waited for the two to finish their little argument as they situated themselves in the seats across from him. He knew that Kibum needed no prompting in saying what he wanted and would begin when he was ready.

"Okay. I have been trying to get Taemin in here forever and I finally managed to drag him down here by bribing him. I need you to look into his love life. He hasn't been on a date in who knows how long and, frankly, it's a little depressing to watch." The boy in question glared daggers at his friend.

Jinki always felt uncomfortable when people asked him questions about their love life because he was always flooded with awkward scenes of people being very intimate with each other, but he knew that it was a main part of the job - everyone always seemed to want to know if and when they would find love. Jinki turned his attention to Taemin, knowing that he couldn't do anything without his cooperation. "I just need you to ask any question about yourself and I'll let you know what I see."

"And why should I believe what you say?"

Come on Tae, just ask him."

"Fine. Do you see love in my future?" Taemin asked in a tone that clearly showed he did not believe in this process.

As soon as the question left Taemin's mouth, Jinki's vision clouded over and he began to see a scene of a small cafe, one that he was familiar with, perfect for dates. Jinki was completely stunned, however, when he recognized himself sitting across from Taemin, holding his hand across the small table. The scene changed and he saw the two of them walking down his street, arms linked, with Taemin's head resting on Jinki's shoulder. They stopped in front of Jinki's apartment complex and turned towards each other. Jinki reached his hand up to Taemin's face, gently caressing his cheek. Taemin closed his eyes, leaning into the touch. Jinki leaned forward, pressing his lips to Taemin's. He closed his eyes and let his lips move in tandem with the other boy's. The scene changed again, showing him and Taemin in Jinki's apartment. Again, they were kissing, but this time with much more passion and an overwhelming sense of need. Taemin grasps desperately at Jinki's shirt, yanking it off over his head. Jinki pulls of Taemin's shirt as well then directs them to his bedroom, with Taemin working on Jinki's belt.

Jinki shook his head clear, not willing to see any more and his vision returned to the two boys waiting in front of him. Jinki was overwhelmed with feelings, unable to process them. His gaze flickers to Taemin and he can feel the redness in his face and quickly looks away.

"Well," Kibum looks at Jinki expectantly, "what did you see?"

Jinki doesn't know what to say. What did he see? Could that have possibly been real? It's not that he's never seen himself in visions before: he's had friends and family members ask him questions about themselves before and had made an appearance in several of his visions. He had even seen himself in a couple of his client's futures, including Kibums, but never gave it much thought, assuming it just had to do with the fact that he was a regular customer. But he had never seen himself like that. He didn't know what to think about this situation. "I don't know," Jinki finally said quietly.

"See, he can't even come up with an answer. This whole thing is total bull, Key. You are clearly being scammed. I'm leaving, I can get home by myself. Oh, and you still owe me the Manga you promised you would buy." Taemin stormed out of the shop, not once looking back.

Key sat there looking worried and confused. "I don't understand. What do you mean you don't know? Did you see something bad and just didn't know how to tell him? I something bad going to happen to my Taebaby?" Key looked absolutely distraught, overly concerned for his friends's future.

"Don't worry, I didn't see anything bad. I just - I don't know," Jinki repeated.

"What does that mean. Come on, Onew. You have to tell me."

Onew wasn't sure if he should share. After all, it wasn't Kibum's future that he saw. Plus, he still wasn't sure what he thought of it himself. But, the look Kibum was giving him gave him a strong feeling of wanting to confide in this man. He finally decided that he should tell someone and Kibum was probably that best person to tell. So, he told Kibum everything he saw, leaving out the last scene, and waited for a response. Before Kibum even said anything, Jinki saw a small gleam in his eyes, one that, for some reason, scared Jinki a little. After a small moment of silence, Kibum finally spoke up with an evil-looking grin.

"Interesting"