006

The Prison Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ailee was a mess when morning came, she barely slept a wink, she had been tossing and turning all night, though she completely forgot why she was so uncomfortable. It wasn't until the sun had managed to find the small gap in her curtains, shinning directly on her face. This caused a loud groan to escape past Ailee's lips, this wasn't the way she wanted to wake up. With a large huff, Ailee peeled off the layers of blankets and forced herself to get up from her bed. She rubbed her eyes, proceeding to step forward from her bed. Thump! Ailee fell face first onto the ground, her body now laying not on the carpet but a body.

What? She had totally forgotten about the man sleeping on her floor, that's when all the events that happened last night flashed through her mind. He was here. The man she dreaded to see was in her room. Her room. Within seconds her body reacted and automatically stood up, stepping over the still sleeping body of the male. 

"Why did I let him stay here?" Ailee spoke out loud, shaking her head in disapproval of her own choice to let Taeyang stay overnight. What was she thinking? Letting the most popular, let alone rich, male student of the school? She could already imagine the rumours that would spread if Taeyang left her room in broad daylight. She'd have firstly broken the most important rule yet again and on top of that, she'd have crazy girls going after her. This situation was a mess. Despite it all, Ailee knew she put herself in this situation, she had the choice to decline him, but she couldn't and that's what she hated the most. She couldn't. Her eyes never left the man sleeping soundly on the floor, clearly having not been disturbed by her fall. What did you do to me?

----------
Ailee decided to ignore his presence and get on with her morning. Sure, it was Saturday but she absolutely didn't want to be around her dorm if he was here.  She grabbed her coat from the closet, having not noticed the second figure come into the living room.

"Where are you going?" Taeyang, who was now leaning against the doorframe, questioning her, his eyes glued to Ailee as she reached for the door handle. The way he spoke irritated her. He was at her place, this was her dorm and she didn't need to answer him.

"Why should I tell you that?" Ailee snapped back, she had a clear head today and wasn't about to let him walk all over her.

"Ailee-"

"I'm going to cancel our tutoring sessions." Taeyang's eyes grew big at her words. He had come to believe that the two of them were on good terms, apparently not. He couldn't understand why she was saying something like that. 

"What? You can't do that." 

Oh, don't test me boy.

Ailee twisted the knob and opened the door, allowing herself to step out into the hallway.

"Just watch me." Her voice was cold, it sent shivers down his spine.
 

What's up with her?

It took a moment for Taeyang to realize she left the room but by that time she was already gone. He wasn't going to go after her, he wasn't.

But for some reason, his body reacted on its own.

"Ailee, wait!" Taeyang's voice echoed throughout the hallway, causing everyone to turn their heads, gasps were filling the place.

"It's Taeyang, oh my god!"

"He's way more handsome in person!"

"Wait, why is here?"

"Who was that girl he called out to? Was it...Amy?"

"No- Ailee."

"Oh, right. Wait did he come out from her dorm?"

"Oh my god!"

----------
Ailee kept her head high, ignoring all the malicious comments being made by the students as she rushed by. She knew Taeyang was following her, she didn't have to look back to know he was there. He had been continuously calling out to her, never on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter