003

The Prison Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You.” I said as I pointed at the person. Did they hear what I was saying to Tiffany?

"Looks like you and Tiff are in a bit of a quarrel huh?" The girl stood up straight and put her hands on her hips.

"I'm not in the mood right now Hyuna." I said to her before trying to walk away. She grabbed my arm before I could leave while she shook her head.

"Now is that how you really treat one of your best friends?" Hyuna looked at me as she raised an eyebrow. I let out a deep sigh and wiggled my arm out of her grasp.

"We aren't best friends anymore, not even friends. I'm not even supposed to talk to you anyway. You are in the popular and I'm in the poor. Leave me alone." I told her as I fixed my jacket and folded my arms. She messed up her hair slightly. I could tell she was hurt by my comment. It's not my fault, rules are rules, even though I have broken them a couple of times.

"Can't you just talk to me for one second without addressing me like we don't know each other, please?" Hyuna gave me a pleading look but I looked away.

"I can't. We don't know each other and we never have. Why don't you go back to your prep life?" I told her. She can't come around here and think that we are still friends.

"Look, I know you are still mad at me but come on, don't give me the cold shoulder. I didn't choose what group I would end up in okay?" Hyuna tried explaining to me but I didn't want to hear it.

"Of course I'm still mad, you...you are dating the guy that broke my heart, the guy that took my heart and smashed it into bits and pieces. I really don't have time to talk to someone who would do that to me, one of your best friends." I told her with a quivering lip from the memories popping back into my mind, replaying what had happened that night, over and over again. It makes me sick. Hyuna looked down in shame as she rubbed her arm, unable to speak to me, unable to make up an excuse.

"That's what I thought, I'll see you around." I stuck my hands in my coat pockets and walked off towards my dorm. I could feel the droplets of water falling onto my shoulders, it was raining. I put out my hands and lifted my head to look up at the sky.
It was filled with dark clouds and I could hear thunder in the background. The feeling of the rain dripping down my face was the greatest feeling. I had come to an abrupt stop as I just stood in the rain, enjoying every drop of water falling onto me. Closing my eyes, I began to get lost in the moment. Feeling the wind pick up just enough to make my hair float around in the air, the coldness touching my exposed skin giving me chills, the soothing sound of rain as it hit the concrete sidewalks, hearing everyone's shoes pounding against the wet ground as they rushed to get out of the rain. This was my happy place, the place where I could stay in forever. Just as I had almost fallen into a state of happiness in my mind, someone had shaken me. I didn't notice I was almost soaked in rain. I turned around and look at who had disturbed me. To my surprise, it was Taeyang.

"What do you want?" I asked him with an annoyed tone. He rolled him eyes and pointed up at his umbrella.

"Come under or you'll get a cold. And I need you to tutor me so that can't happen." He said before trying to pull me under the umbrella with him. I resisted his pull and back away slightly.

"I don't want to be near you in my free time." I told him flat out. It's the truth, why would I lie about wanting to be under the same umbrella? What is this a drama? Actually I wouldn't mind as long as it wasn't him.

"Fine, but you are coming with me anyways." Taeyang announced. I just turned and gave him a 'no way in hell' look.

"Heck no, I ain't going anywhere with you. I'm heading back to my dorm, not to your place." I pointed at him as I spoke. He just shrugged and grabbed my arm. I tried to yank my arm away but he tightened his grip. I guess there is no way out of this one. I glanced over at his flexed biceps and sighed heavily. I should become a body builder so that this won't happen again. Taeyang kept dragging me along even though I resisted.

“Stop- I really don’t want to go anywhere with you.” I finally admitted before managing to yank my arm from his grip and huffed. I quickly took steps back to put a distance between us.

“Why would you not? I’m Taeyang, the riches-“ I cut him off by covering his mouth with my hand as I said ‘shhhh’. Looking around I pushed him towards a corner on the street where no one could see us.

“Look, I know this isn’t a big deal to you but you have to understand that I could be in a lot of trouble with the school if they see us conversating in our free time.” I told him as I pointed to some of the students that were around us. That’s when I realized that I had gone against the rules too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter