001

The Prison Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In this society we were able to live freely. That is until we reached a certain age. We all lived with our birth parents, and hung out with which ever friends we had. But once we entered high school we were assigned our status. We had no say in where we would end up. We could either be in the rich, the poor, the popular, the nerds, the jocks, or the nobodies. With all these different groups, they had a rule. We weren't suppose to interact with anyone that was outside of our group, not even our parents because they were different. Everyone seemed to enjoy this type of lifestyle, except me. I like to call high school the prison years. For those 4 years of your life in high school, you are imprisoned to those rules of no contact. Though, the rich kids were usually already born into wealth, so they can break the rules as they please, same with the popular and jocks. As for the other groups, we weren't so fortunate. We had to make new friends within the group and we weren't allowed to see our parents or childhood friends. All of this to me was crazy. For them to choose how you live just seems insane to me. If this is a so called free world, why are we forced into things we don't want to deal with? Why is it that we are forced to think we are different from the rest, or that we aren't equal? In my view, this was the worst place. I hated that school- no rather I detested it. I can't wait to get out of this hell hole. That's just me though, Ailee. I got assigned to the poor group, which is the lowest of them all. The school is more of a hardship for me because the poor groups are considered slaves to the rich and popular. The ignorant, stuck-up, selfish spoiled brats, that's what they are to me. My thoughts on how to get by those years of slavery was to just stay out of trouble don't come into contact with anyone. I was doing great until one day I was asked to tutor a student, this is my life story.

 

 

It was 6:00 in the morning when it all started. "Ailee wake up!" A girl shouted as she threw a pillow at me. This is Tiffany, my best friend.  We have been friends since we were young so I was happy that I had someone I knew. We were both stuck with the status 'poor'. For the first week of high school we had to walk around with that stamped on our foreheads, literally. Even though we weren't supposed to come in contact with others, the groups with the most power like to break the rules and bully those who were beneath their status. This includes almost everybody. That is why the poor and the nerds always were the most targeted. On the other hand, the nobodies were neutral because they never got in trouble with the power monsters. I call them like I see them, but trust me, I am being nice when I call them that.

"What do you want Fany?" I groaned as I sat up in the bed and gave her an unamused look

"You've been called down to the main office." She informed me before pulling me off my bed making me land on my behind. "Now get ready! They want you down in twenty minutes!" Tiffany shouted at me. Seriously, it's like military in here.

"Okay, okay. I'm getting up," I told her as I got up off the floor while rubbing my .

"There are nicer ways to wake someone up you know?" I gave her a glare before going over to my closet to pick out what clothes to wear.

"Hmm, I don't think there is any nicer ways for me to wake you up." She fired back with a tint of evil in her tone. I rolled my eyes, I bet they could almost reach the back of my eye sockets. Looking through all of my choices for clothing, I paused for a moment before turning towards Tiffany.

"What do you think I should wear?" Her eyes lit up and  immediately marched to my closet and searched through all my clothes before picking out a blue dress with a black mini jacket.

"This will be good, I'd rather you not pick out your outfit without my approval okay? Or else you'll go out looking like you were drunk and had a blind fold on when you decided your outfit and strangers would think 'What drugs was she on?' Do you really want that?" Tiffany stated as she grabbed some flats and a purse for me. I just stared at her not knowing what to say.

"Did...Did you just describe my fashion sense...like that?" I blurted out as I walked into the bathroom to change.

"Yes, yes I did. It's the truth and there is no hiding that messed up style you have. I'm surprised I haven't sent you on that show 'What Not to Wear'." She said while laughing like a maniac. I just rolled my eyes as I got changed into the dress. What a best friend she is.

"Whatever, at least I'm getting A's in school instead of C''s." I fired back at her as I walked back into my room in the dress.

"Hey now, I'm passing with a 60% average okay, but you in fashion, you aren't even passing you are like -100%." Tiffany shot back with a grin. This is great, our normal argument of the day, same old, same old.

"Okay, I'm going to let that one go, only because I have to get going." I told her as I put on my flats and jacket. I really hate dresses but I know she'll freak out if I wear something else.

"Anyway, I'll see you later!" I waved to her before grabbing my purse and running out the door. Surely I won't be late, we didn't take that long. I'm still wondering as to why I was asked to go down to the main office. It's not like I did anything bad, this is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter