The Stalker

The Stalker

I sit down with my drink and put my head in my hands. The tears start and won't stop, 'All I have ever done in my life is screw things up and now I have hurt more people trying to get what I thought I wanted. How can things get any worse?' I ask myself.

I hear a voice say, "Hey are you okay?" and I look up.

I have no idea who this guy is so I say, "Yeah I will be fine. Just a little lost right now."

He sits down next to me, "Well maybe I can help." he says and reaches his hand across the table, "I'm Taemin, Lee taemin" he says with a big smile.

I try to smile back, "Well Taemin I'm (yn) and I'm not trying to be rude but helping me will only cause you more problems but thank you for your concern."

He starts to laugh, "I'm pretty sure your wrong but if you don't want to talk I can understand. Can I at least give you a lift wherever your going?"

I shrug my shoulders, "Well its going to be a long walk and I'm past ready to get out of this town so if you don't mind that would be wonderful."

We walk quietly to his car and he opens the door for me like a gentleman. We are off and the ride is silent. Finally Taemin asks, "Where are we going?"

I simply give him the name of the hotel and say nothing more.

He is trying to not push but asks again, "Do you want to talk about whatever is bothering you? You said you were ready to get away from this town so apparently people have been mean to you. We aren't all like that you know."

I smile at him but still say nothing and he presses, "I don't know you and you don't know me so if you really want to talk to someone about it I don't mind listening. I am pretty good at it my girlfriend tells me."

I laugh, "Your girlfriend would probably understand better. Its a woman thing I guess." and I stare out the window.

Next thing I hear is Taemin saying, "Yeah I have someone here that needs to talk and she says its a woman thing. Will you talk to her?" he pauses, "Yeah." He pauses again and says, "Okay hold on." and hands me the phone.

I feel like a real idiot but I take the phone and put it up to my ear, "Hello?" I say.

The voice on the other end says, "Hey, I'm Naeun. Taemin said you need to talk to a woman and that would be me."

I giggle, "Well Naeun its nice to talk to you. I'm (yn)." and I start to tell her my life story, "It was several years ago and I had this boyfriend I had been with for about five years. We had gotten engaged and were living together and one day I came home and walked in on him and my best friend. They told me they were in love and had been trying to figure out how to break the news to me. I was devastated. He had been my everything. I gave up myself to be with him. After that I decided no one would ever hurt me like that again. I saw Nickhun on tv not long after that and decided he would be mine and nothing was going to stop me." I went on to tell her about everything I had done and everything that had happened and as I'm telling her the story I start to cry again.

Once I'm done she says "I completely understand. Now this guy thinks your a horrible person when in reality you are a sweetheart that had been pushed to being the way you have been lately."

I laugh through the tears, "Exactly. I knew a woman would understand."

She laughs, "Well you just hold your head high and everything will work out. It was nice to talk to you and if you are ever back in this town you let me know and we will hang out sometime."

I thank her and hand the phone back to Taemin. He says his goodbyes and hangs up as we pull up at the hotel. He parks the car and I look at him, "What are you doing?" I ask.

He smiles, "I'm going to walk you up. Don't want you getting into any trouble on the way up. Sounds like you have had a rough enough time."

I thank him but assure him its not necessary. He insists and we head up to my room.

 

He is making small talk on the way up and once at my door I turn to him, "This is me. Thanks for being so kind to me but I really don't deserve it."

He smiles at me, "You deserve everything you get."

I look at him puzzled but thank him and open my door. I walk in and Taemin is standing in the doorway. I turn to him, "Did you want to come in?" I ask puzzled.

He smiles at me, "No but thank you. I'm just here to keep you from running."

I toss my stuff down on the coffee table and laugh, "Running? What would I be running from?" and I hear a voice say, "Me."

I turn to see Jonghyun and Onew standing in front of me. Onew says, "Now you two play nice." and walks over to Taemin, "Come on Taemin we need to leave them alone so they can finish this." and shuts the door behind them.

I fly into a rage, "How dare you! What the hell do you think your doing in here? Why can't you just let me leave? Isn't that what you told me to do? I'm just trying to do what you asked of me for once."

He hollers back, "How dare I? I have every right! You seem to have lost your damn mind and I think you need to be reminded of the kind of person you are messing with because I'm NOBODY'S door mat!"

He walks close to me and grabs me by the waist, "I don't care what your fiance and best friend did to you you have NO right to treat people this way! We have all been hurt but that doesn't give you the right to unleash on others and hurt them. I have done nothing to you to deserve this!"

I shove him off of me, "Done nothing to deserve this? I would say right now your acting like a giant if you want my opinion! You send your henchman to come get me at the cafe and trap me into having a conversation with you? I told you I was done and I am leaving just like you told me. Just let me freaking go already!"

He shakes his head and laughs, "That isn't my henchman. He is one of my best friends. You still have NO idea who I am do you?"

I laugh and pick up a vase off the table throwing it at his head but missing slightly, "I don't know who you are and I really don't care anymore! I am done with you and this and everybody! I don't deserve to be happy or loved and I know that now so just let me live my miserable life or end it if that's what I chose to do. Either way its no concern of yours!"

He is laughing and looking at the broken vase on the floor, "You still don't get it do you?"

I look at him wondering what the hell he is talking about when he walks over and picks me up throwing me over his shoulder. I'm kicking and screaming the whole way to the bed and he throws me down on the bed climbing on top of me. He is stradling me and I'm hitting him and trying to get up and he says, "If I didn't care about you I would have left you on the side of the damn road all by yourself! I would have let you walk back to the hotel and wouldn't have given you a second thought! I damn sure wouldn't have tried to get inside your head to figure out what made you this way and I most certainly wouldn't have stood around the corner watching you until Taemin got there to make sure you were safe! You are by far the most infuriating person I have met in my entire life!" and he leans down and kisses me again just as roughly as he had kissed me before.

I want to fight him but the less I fight the more passionate the kiss becomes. I'm starting to feel any tension I had left for him quickly disapate and feel myself starting to give in to the kiss.

He hesitates and backs up slowly getting off the bed and walking away from me. I sit up, "What...Where...How...Why? I don't understand." I say almost not being able to complete a sentence.

He looks back at me, "And you probably never will. Be safe going home." and he heads for the door.

I start to cry, "You think I'M infuriating? You keep kissing me and then telling me to leave. What the hell is your problem?"

He comes back over to me, "I'm so attracted to you. Its like you have some kind of magnetic force pulling me to you but I just can't get involved with you because you have already played me for a fool and made me look stupid once and I won't let it happen again."