The Stalker

The Stalker


I start, "Well I met this guy..."

He stops me, "No I want to know about before that. Where were you born? Where did you go to school? Everything."

I laugh, "Ok well it was a cold and rainy day when my mom found out she was pregnant with me."

He laughs and pushes me playfully, "Not quite that far back."

Still chuckling I say, "Sorry. I have always been a smart . Its kind of in my blood."

He just smiles and I continue, "I was born in Ulsan, and lived there all my life. When I turned eighteen I decided to move down south because I was just tired of the cold weather up there. My best friend since grade school moved with me and we headed for Seoul. My mom was terrified of course because she said I was to nice to live in a city like that and that it would eat me alive. I was determined to prove her wrong and moved anyway. Mina, my best friend, and I had lived there a couple of weeks when this guy asked me out. We went out on a date and he wanted what every guy wants when they ask a girl out but I'm not that kind of girl. So he drugged me and me."

Key's eyes widened and he started to apologize but I stop him, "Don't be sorry. It was my fault and I don't remember any of it. The only reason I know it happened is because I ended up pregnant and I hadn't been with a guy since a year before that so I kind of figured it out." I laugh slightly, "I may be crazy but I'm not stupid."

Key interrupts, "I honestly don't think your crazy." he chuckles, "Not yet anyway." and he puts his hand on my knee, "And I know for a fact that it wasn't your fault. You couldn't have done anything to prevent that but please go on."

When I found out I was pregnant I had just started a new job at the casino and it was very long hours and very stressful. I ended up having a miscarraige. I was in the hospital and met the that turned me crazy." I say almost laughing.

Key hasn't said another word but seems glued to everything I'm saying so I continued, "He was in seeing a friend of his that had been hurt in a car wreck and we just hit it off from the start. We went out and he was a perfect gentleman and we had the best time." I hesitate thinking back to when I first met Joe and how in love we were.

My thoughts are broken by Key my cheek. I had started to cry and hadn't realized it. He says, "I can tell you really loved him."

I quickly wipe the tears from my cheek and continue, "We were only together for a few weeks when he cheated on me the first time. I forgave him and we moved on from there. He started being mentally abusive but I didn't realize it because I was so smitten with him."

Key chuckles, "Sorry just haven't heard anyone use the word 'smitten' in a very long time. Please go on."

I continue, "He convinced me that nobody would ever want me but him and that I was damaged goods because of the and the sad part is I believed him."

Key stops me by grabbing me in a hug and holding me tight, not saying a word.

 

I back away from him and he says, "Sorry. Just felt like the right thing to do at the time. Please go on."

I continue, "I have always been a nice person and its never gotten me anywhere but true to my nature I bent over backwards to make him happy. The next five years of my life were all about him. I put myself aside to be with him. He didn't have a job so I let him move in with me and Mina. I worked overtime and even got a second job so that I could take care of him. While I was working he would go out with his friends and spend my money."

Key's mouth is on the ground, "How can any guy treat you like that? I just don't understand."

I roll my eyes slightly, "Yeah well when I wasn't at work he would go out with his friends and leave me sitting at home." I giggle, "And in the car I bought for him on top of that."

Key smiles, "Why do you roll your eyes so much? Its really not attractive on you."

I can't help but laugh, "Yeah well someone else told me that not to long ago. Anyway, I came home from one of my jobs one day and walked in to see Mina and Joe in the bed together. They didn't even bother to get up or deny what happened. They told me that they had been together for a while and they were in love. That they had been looking for the right time to tell me. Mina didn't have a job either so I'm thinking they were just waiting until they had enough of my money to leave and leave me there."

The tears started flowing again and Key is trying to wipe the tears as fast as they fall but he isn't having much success. "I really don't know what happened to me but that's when it all started."

He goes to the mini fridge and gets me a bottle of water, "Just calm down. Take your time. We have all night." he smiles at me.

I really find comfort in his smile. I can't explain it but for the first time in my life I feel like I have a true friend and he doesn't even know me. "I lost it. I started throwing all of their stuff out in the yard and told them if I ever saw them again I would kill them both."

He chuckles, "So here comes the crazy."

I smile, "Not really. I was just so hurt and mad I didn't even think about what I was doing. Once I had everything that reminded me of them out of my house I closed the door and barricaded myself inside. I slipped into a deep depression. I wasn't eating or bathing..."

Key laughs, "I bet your house smelled pretty bad."

I laughed, "Trust me it did." and I continue, "I lost my jobs and was almost homeless when one day I was sitting on the couch eating ice cream that was freezer burnt and I saw Nickhun."

My eyes start to glaze over and Key starts to snap in front of my face, "Hey are you in there? Lets not bring crazy back." he says smiling.

I snapped back to reality, "I have never had a celebrity crush or even looked twice at them. They are just people like us but there was just something about him. He was y and amazing and I knew that was the kind of person I wanted in my life. That was two years ago. Once I saw him and realized that was what I wanted I got up and shook off my depression. Started eating again because I was paper thin and started bathing regularly..." I giggle, "I got my stuff together and opened my own business. I decided I couldn't be that innocent door mat anymore and if I wanted something out of life I had to go get it no matter what the cost. I started to pay attention to where Nickhun would be and what he liked to do. I studied his every move to the point I was almost stalking him without being anywhere near him. I lived for him because I felt that he saved my life that day." I hesitate looking at Key, "And I think you know the rest."

He is in shock but puts his arms around me and pulls me into a hug, "I can't believe you went through all of that. No wonder people think your crazy."

I pull away from him laughing, "So you think I'm crazy?" I ask.

He smiles, "Not at all. I completely understand even though the way you did it was wrong I know your intentions were true. Wow."

I look at him, "I really am sorry for what I did to your friend. He seems like a really good guy and I never should have used him that way. I hate the fact that he hates me for it and if I could change it I would."

Key takes my hand, "He doesn't hate you. He wouldn't be worried about you if he hated you. He is just really disappointed. He thought you were different and then..." his voice trails off and he doesn't finish his thought.

I get up, "I'm going to get some sleep. I'm completely drained, emotionally, physically and mentally."

He smiles at me, "Well I'm here if you need me." and he grabs the remote and lays down on the couch.

I look at him, "Key, if you want to sleep in the bed with me you can." I quickly add, "As long as you can be a good boy."