The Stalker

The Stalker

I look at Onew, "What do you mean he sent you to see if he should bail me out?"
Onew smiles at me, "Well from what he told me you were hung up on this nickhun guy but the time the two of you spent at the pool he could tell that you were a genuine person so he sent me to see if you were playing him at the pool or if you were really worth his time."
I look at Onew, "And what is the verdict?"
Onew studies my eyes for a minute, "Well I haven't really reached one yet. I know you have some good in you but I have to make sure this isn't just a ploy to get what you want before I make my decision."
I just stare at him not knowing what to say. For the first time in a long time my mind is starting to come out of the haze it has been in since the day I first laid eyes on nickhun. I'm lost in my thoughts when I realize Onew is leaning in to kiss me. I jump up, "What are you doing?" I ask.
He stands up and says, "It was a test. You passed."
I walk away from him, "What are you talking about?"
He laughs, "If you weren't really sorry for what you did to jonghyun and just wanted to get out of this cell then you wouldn't have hesitated kissing me and I would have known you were playing me."
I look at him crazy, "That was just rude."
He takes my hand and I snatch it away from him, "Please don't touch me."
He laughs, "Okay then come sit with me and lets talk."
I roll my eyes and he laughs at that, "Will you please lose the attitude. Its not very becoming of you."
I have to smile at that, "Sorry its almost become habit. Instead of talking here since I passed your little test can we just get out of here and then we can talk all you want."
He stands up and hollers for the guard telling him that everything is fine and the guard holds the cell door open and says, "Your free to go."
I look at the guard, "Just like that? Doesn't he have to post bail?"
The guard laughs, "He did that before I ever let him in."
I look at Onew, "What the..."
He stops me, "When I came in and saw you crying it broke my heart and I wasn't going to leave you sitting here but I had to know you weren't going to hurt jonghyun again if I got you out."
I just shake my head, "Well that doesn't make any sense but whatever. Lets just get out of here."
We leave the jail and once in the car he starts to drive but I have no idea where we are going. I look at him, "We aren't going back to the hotel?" I ask.
He smiles at me, "No there is something you need to do first." and keeps driving.
We finally pull up to a small outdoor cafe and I see jonghyun sitting at a table with a latte in front of him. I turn to Onew, "What are we doing? He doesn't want to see me after what I did."
Onew puts his hand on my shoulder, "No he really didn't but I convinced him to at least get his feelings out in the open. I know him and this would have eaten at him and he wouldn't have ever let it go. He and I have problems when it comes to finding women that truly care about us and he won't be able to move on until he tells you what he thinks. I'm sorry to threaten you but if you don't want to do this I can drive you back to jail and revoke your bail. The choice is yours."
I roll my eyes again and he laughs, "Okay then. Lets get this over with."
We walk over to jonghyun and he says hi to Onew but completely ignores the fact that I exist. 'Can't say I blame him. I was completely horrible to him. How can I expect him to forgive me when I can't even forgive myself?' and I sit down not saying a word. Its completely silent at the table and Onew is sitting there looking back and forth at the two of us.

Onew finally breaks the silence, "Look you two if we don't get something resolved here then I'm going to lock the two of you in a room together and leave you all alone to hate each other." he chuckles.
jonghyun cuts him a look and I turn to Onew, "This was a bad idea. Just take me back to jail. Its where I deserve to be anyway." and I stand up.
It was like I opened a flood gate and I have never seen such fury come from one person. jonghyun stands up, "Your not going back to jail. That would be to easy. I am NOT letting you take the easy way out after what you did to me!" He is shouting.
Onew stands up, "I think we should actually move this somewhere more private." and ushers us to the car.
We get in and he drives a short distance to a deserted parking lot and pulls in to park. We all get out of the car and he leans up against it with his arms crossed and says, "Okay now lets do this." and doesn't say another word.
jonghyun won't even look at me but instead picks up rocks and starts to throw them off into the woods. Onew pushes me towards him as if he is wanting me to start the conversation. I ease towards jonghyun and put my head on his shoulder and he pulls away from me but I start, "Look I can never apologize enough for what I did. I honestly have no idea what came over me. For the last couple of years I have lived and breathed nickhun and its like it almost overtook my entire being. Its no excuse I know but honestly I don't know what else to say. I can't apologize enough and I don't expect you to forgive me because I can't even begin to forgive myself."
I turn to walk back over to Onew and jonghyun grabs my arm, "Not so fast." he says. "I have a few things I want to say as well. You don't get to speak your mind and then walk off like this is all over. This is far from over." and he hesitates looking at Onew. Onew gives him a nod and he continues, "I know how you feel. I was madly in love with a girl not to long ago and I thought she adored me until I found out she was just using me for her own self benefits. I can't tell you how it felt because there are no words to describe it. You reminded me so much of her when I first ran into you that I thought just maybe this was my second chance at happiness. Just maybe I could make you forget about nickhun and see that there was someone else out there that would treat you like the queen you are."
I hated to interrupt but I knew I wouldn't hear anything else if I didn't ask, "The queen I AM?"
He laughs angrily, "You really shouldn't interrupt me right now." and continues, "I know that somewhere deep down is a loving, caring, compassionate girl that just wants to be loved but you have serious issues and I don't have time for that right now. I told Onew if he thought you were a good person to bail you out because I can't stand the fact that all of this could have been avoided if you had just stopped being such a and opened your eyes."
I start to cry but he doesn't let up, "I let you sit there so you would have time to think about what you did and maybe some other poor unsuspecting guy wouldn't fall prey to your ways. I told you from the beginning that I knew you were playing me and don't think for a second I was falling for any of it. I'm not stupid. Now I want you to pack your bags and get as far away from me and this city as you possibly can or so help me I can't tell you what would happen."
I can see the anger in his eyes and even though the tears are flowing down my face he adds, "You can turn off the waterworks because we both know those tears mean nothing to you. You can turn them on and off anytime you want so get over yourself and get away from me." and he stomps out onto the beach.
I turn to Onew and he just nods at me almost like he is pushing me to go after jonghyun. I'm paralyzed in my tracks though and can't get my body to move. 'He was so right about all of it. How could he have known all of that so well? Its almost like he has been living my life with me for the last couple of years. How could I have been so horrible?' and my thoughts are broken by someone pushing me.
I turn to see Onew, "Go after him now."
I shake my head, "He doesn't want anything to do with me and I can't blame him. Its only going to make it worse." I say.
Onew smiles at me, "Go!" and slightly pushes me again.
Against my better judgement I turn and go towards jonghyun who still has his back to me.